Daily reminder: Guild Recruitment

Blizzard, it is about time you add a Guild Recruitment forum for Classic. The game will be out in a month or so…

8 Likes

No

Hey Novis, there are 2 to 20 threads a day in this forum recruiting for guilds. Try the search bar up in the upper right corner and you may find what you are looking for.

I would rather see a realm name list and type first. I am betting they won’t have nearly enough.

4 Likes

You’d think they’d either do that, or wack all the threads, rather than leaving them to clutter up this board. Do something. They’re wasting half the space up in here. I gave up reporting them because I just getting timed out on it, and they don’t do anything about it anyway. They’ve silenced me twice for god knows what reason, but won’t do diddly to actually clean up their forum.

1 Like

The Realm list should be released first before the guild recruitment forums get set up imo.

1 Like

This is possibly why he’s asking for a separate forum. I don’t think it’ll ever happen though, because:

Yep. Blizzard is more than likely wanting to funnel the guild recruitment posts into the different server forums. I doubt they’ll ever make a separate Classic guild recruitment forum at all.

I’ve seen you in multiple threads seeming really upset about this so I’m going to let you in on a board feature that you may not know about.

At the bottom of every thread, below the last post and the row of buttons that start with “Bookmark”, there’s a menu called “Tracking” with a pawprint next to it. Click on this menu and go to the bottom option, which is “Muted”. Select this, and you’ll never see that thread again. Do this with all the guild recruitment threads. Enjoy your cleaned-up Classic forum.

This though

I heard they will only have one rp realm for NA, is this true? I hope to Elune they do more than that!

My forum experience got a lot more enjoyable once I realized I could mute threads using the drop down at the end of the thread. GONE ARE THE ENDLESS GUILD SPAM POSTS!

1 Like

1 Like

Why would you be opposed to guild recruitment forums?

You’re reporting guild recruitment threads? Why in the great world of Azeroth would you do that? You’re one of those guys aren’t you? Eww… :face_vomiting:

Maybe because you’re reporting legitimate threads?

1 Like

They’re spam/advertisement threads. They shouldn’t be in here wasting forum space. This is not what the forum is for.

It’s precisely what forums are for. This is the exact right place to post for guild recruitment until there is a more appropriate place such as the requested guild recruitment or realm forums.

It’s the “Classic Discussion” forum. All things related to Classic may be discussed here. Guild recruitment is a very big part of that.

1 Like

I honestly can’t remember this… was there a sub forum for realm servers for guild recruitment?

There was (and still) server forums.

I always thought people using the Guild Recruitment forum were a bit scrub. Because choosing realm was a big part of choosing a guild if you were moving realms, so I took threads from in the realm forum with more weight.

Back then I had the advantage of a far smaller Oceanic realm list though, so I suppose it was less of a concern.

But until Blizzard puts in server forums or a recruitment forum, there’s nowhere else for people who are specifically interested in classic guilds to advertise or browse. The ads do work, btw, so people are using them.

And there’s a way for those who don’t want to see them to hide them, as I told you earlier. I think we can all deal with this for a few more weeks.

Manually flagging every thread 1 at a time, and it only affecting me, no one else, is not a solution. But if they won’t do anything about it, they should at least create a different section for them to get dumped into.

You’re acting as if this Classic Discussion Forum has 1,000 active threads or something, it doesn’t. Even during prime time, there are less than 50 threads on average that have a post on them younger than an hour.

There is no other place right now, other than 1 discord, that is good for Classic guild recruitment. Get over it, or don’t. /shrug

1 Like