Daily reminder for tanks/healers

I remember never getting into pug ICC raids in wrath because my gearscore was too low. When I finally got into a raid, I was number 2 dps, but when we wiped they blamed me and bailed on the raid. I stopped raiding after that.

In fact, I quit wow shortly after.

3 Likes

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding, or not reading your intention.

Are you suggesting that a 1200io score and only 1/8M experience are bad, and then acting like it’s a +20 (higher level than your scores and experience would seem to indicate you are capable of), then “ur bad?”

Or are you taking this in a different direction?

(Sorry if your intent isn’t clear to me)

See the longer post i made above in response to someone else. I expanded on what i meant.

You must be referring to:

I got’cha now. Yeah, that’s a decent point, I suppose.

1 Like

wipes tear from eye

I was in a 10 man raiding guild at the time. Since it did not share a lock out with 25m I would do the 10 man raid and then try to pug for 25m.

I remember seeing a guy with heroic Bryntroll in his offhand and normal Cryptmaker in main hand, simply because Cryptmaker was slightly slower. I tried explaining that most of Bryntroll’s power was in the proc, and putting it in offhand made the proc almost useless. He just called me bad and showed off his uberl33t gearscore (which was higher than mine, admittedly since I didn’t have a 25m raid guild) to prove he was right.

I hated gearscore for things like that.

Yeah. I think its hard to be humble while simultaneously being aware that you are objectively and demonstrably better than some people. Like If im running 5 mans in classic with people outside my guild i know they wont always be the best players but i dont freak out and berate people, i usually dont talk at all unless they seem friendly. Like despite me playing at a high level, it still annoys me when people treat content as if its more difficult than it is and start freaking out…especially when we arent even wiping.

People talk about lfg, dailies, and class homogenization as the defacto things that ruined wow. While I agree they did tremendous damage to the games experience, for me the communities dependency on gearscore ruined the game.

Maybe i am mistaken but i think he means this scanerio… It’s like Goonies… When Sloth gets off the mast and rides off yelling “Heeeeyy you guysss” People just think they can steam roll through dungeons and you can’t in classic. Healer is oom every pulll :slight_smile:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vv5CsP1pAg

There are actually some pretty good examples of this:

Somebody posted about Warrior Tanking, making it seem like people should be taking it quite seriously while leveling.

When really, marking targets, babysitting others, and trying to teach them how to play their roles may or may not be of any use whatsoever to your dungeon group. If you have a couple of half-competent people, you can mostly pick up the slack.

I put together a low level Classic Warrior Tanking Guide, because it seemed like a lot of people were way overthinking (and over-complicating) relatively trivial leveling content, and roles. Would love some feedback, and would love to see similar guides for other specs.

Something I can think of that may be relevant for Hunters in particular, for example, as there often seems to be a hunter here or there who just doesn’t get it, and consistently pulls aggro on some random mob, is that you could use disengage, or even use growl on your pet, to taunt the mob off you, then set your pet to attack the tank’s target, and it will bring that mob to the tank for you, while you can sit there and auto attack with your arrows… (edit: and to note, even if you don’t, what’s the worst case scenario here? The healer heals a little harder or maybe the tank spends some rage and uses some CDs to intercept/taunt. Or, maybe the hunter dies. In any case, who cares?)

Anyway, I digress.

I agree that some people are acting like things should be treated as a lot more serious than the content would dictate.

Holy crap this dude gives a whole knew meaning to ironic

People in Classic are really advertising Retail stats?!? LOLOLOL

1 Like

This stuff is the reason I’ve yet to heal a dungeon. I think I’ll just keep running around questing and killing whatever random thing that crosses my path. :thinking:

It’s a troll thread. I wasn’t 100% sure at first, but then they started laying it on really thick.

1 Like

Yeah cool story I guess?

I’d take a good M+ player any day over some of the jokers I run into in classic pugs.

The ability adapt to ever changing mechanics all which are more extreme than classic… As long as they know they’re in classic and need to adapt to it… seems like a good deal.

You think you make sense, but you don’t.

I feel like this post is has reached peak irony.