Daily death by aggro

I never claimed it wasn’t anecdotal, but at a certain point enough anecdotal evidence is still a convincing trend.

I’ll try to write these in my journal next time for you. It’s not enough of a big deal to document but that doesn’t mean it’s not a very clear trend for the class that you don’t see with many others that can aoe burst super hard with no setup ( my ww monk, for example, has way less issue with this).

HOW we do damage obviously comes into play in the conversation too, though, since monks have SE&F which redirects a decent amount of threat away, whereas warrior has no way to redirect threat or disperse it.

All that aside, pulling aggro becomes a pebcak issue if it’s habitually happening because it’s really avoidable with intelligent play.

The concept of if you would pull more aggro at high ilvl than low is an interesting one though. The feedback loop of higher secondary stats while using cooldowns in spear would lead me to assume that it would be more likely at good gear than bad in two similar scenarios (popping everything right away). Tank class and gear scaling comes into play here too though, which complicates the whole thing.

Waiting until mid pull to try to pull aggro as evidence that warrior doesn’t have outsized threat generation is impressively dumb.

1 Like

I am. Where are the videos. where are the logs. It’s all “in my experience”.

So me saying “this hasn’t happened to me” is the same as you saying “this is happening to me”

That’s what I’m getting at.

If it’s not a big enough deal to document, then it’s not a big enough issue for someone to worry about and/or fix at that point

And this is why I’m thinking it should be the same at lower levels too. Everything scales accordingly. If it’s just damage pulling aggro, then tank damage scaling just as well (if not better) than DPS should make holding aggro better at higher levels.

Tank damage has gone through the roof a lot more than DPS with double Leggo + tier. So it “should” be happening a lot more at lower levels than at higher ones.

At least that’s where my mind is going

It wasn’t my idea. It’s claims from other people that popping Bladestorm mid way through the pull rips aggro

Do pets make threat seperately from thier associated player, because that will be, a big part of whats going on, I think, sub rogues and frost mages not withstanding.

Yes. They have their own threat table. Pets can pull threat on their own, and you can pull threat off of said pet as well. And they can take it back

It’s all independent

^ yeah, has always been the case. That’s why most classes don’t have issues like this.

I think frost dk/havoc dh are probably the only somewhat comparable melee damage profiles that doesn’t have an agro redirect or pet doing significant damage to cushion threat.

We’re saying the same thing here, I’m fully admitting that none of my experience has been documented as I never record keys and it’s an avoidable problem so there’s no fire under me to care that much.

In fairness, there are plenty of things that are well documented that are bigger issues (damage disparities in general) that blizzard still doesn’t know or care how to fix.

Citing blizzard inaction at this point is not really a strong argument that there isn’t a problem, but if I had to pick, I’d rather they spend time learning how to balance than a potential aggro issue that is completely avoidable.

I think the NPCs have just adapted and aren’t taking our crap anymore

Still having the same problem today.
Please fix the game