Cutting Off The Heads Quest broken

“Cutting off the Heads” quest (my Priest Holy Artifact Weapon power upgrade quest, though I also did it as a Paladin) is bugged.
The quest is a level 45 quest, you need to be level 45 to access the quest. The NPCs in the area and the targets for the quest are all level 60. I’ve tried having my husband help me but the we’re in different phases and he cannot.
I’ve tried logging out of the character, logging in as another character on the same realm, logging into another character on another realm, exiting the game, and waiting a few days between log-ins.
I’ve abandoned the quest twice (leaving the zone to help it reload and manually reloading the interface).
The phasing issue occurs between my account and my husbands’ when he tries to help me. When my husband goes into the same area where my quest takes place, the NPCs are the appropriate level (level 45). Even before I take the quest, the NPC levels in the area are level 60. When I take the quest, the “random” NPCs don’t have a number for their level indicator, they all show boss skulls. The “target” NPCs all show level 60.
I’ve also gone onto WoWHead to look up the quest but none of the comments refer to NPC levels or difficulty completing the quest due to NPC levels; it’s mostly about where the targets are found and how odd it is to have a kill quest as part of a Holy spec quest chain.

SAMESIES! they one shot me and our npc friend doesn’t have a single threat.

i have same thing going on , i put in a ticket and they say check the fan sites and see what they say , what kind of help is that ! they have messed up this quest and we can’t do it . one guy said he put in a ticket and they marked it done for him . what the hell !

I’ve noticed a similar class order hall quest “Message From the Shadows” spawns a skull rogue to my level 50 priest. Which I fortunately did not have to kill for quest credit because most of my spells would miss. Just adding that here in hopes they get fixed together.

Edit: Similar problem with the follow up quest The Wisdom of the Council where multiple skull level rogues spawn in the Dalaran sewers.

I’m stuck too.

Bradensbrook, Hero’s Rest and Black Rook Hold (not the dungeon) are all phased so damn badly.

I’m actually on the Nightborn unlock quest trying to do “We Need Weapons” but in Ravencourt (inside BRH walls) I can see the quest objective, but if I walk up to it I’m in a new phase, and it’s gone / I can’t complete the quest.

So I was told to do my Restoration Druid artifact quest or something in Bradensbrook. I do the first part, heal injured villagers. Then it wants me to do Cutting off the Heads and another quest. SOME of the risen night elf NPCs are level 45 so I get the other quest done, but Disa Trueshaft and Tael’thos the Cutter are both Skull Level (50k health compared to my 8k, so I wouldn’t say they’re level 60, more like close to 100 from pre-level crunch also I can’t hit them cause they’re too high…).

I also remember the skull level rogues in Dalaran sewers but they didn’t block progress for me entirely they were just killing me a lot and PISSING ME OFF. Still needs fixed but right now I can’t unlock Nightborne and that’s a BIG problem.

Did anyone actually get past this? I put in two tickets.

I found a workaround if you have a buddy who can help.

Party sync with another player who does not have the artifact quest and share the “We Need Weapons” quest with them.
Go over to the problematic objective but don’t get close enough for it to disappear.
Have your party member click on the target and you should get credit and be able to complete the “We Need Weapons” quest.

I did exactly this and it worked fine. Good luck!

i’m having the same problem i’ve been trying to do the we need weapons questline, and was directed by GM to complete my holy artifact questline in Bradensbrooke, but now i’m stuck on the cutting off the heads quest cuz of their lvl and health, has anyone found a resolution that doesnt involve another player?

I’m also having it happen to me. No Blizz help, check around, ? They should all be level 45s during this quest…
How hard is that to fix