[Customization] Worgen Tails & Troll beards

Worgen tails as a customization option would be nice to see. Anecdotally, I know a few worgen roleplayers, and while not canon, worgen tails are popular because it feels right. There have been several instances by Blizzard themselves of accidentally adding a worgen tail because it was natural and had to go back and remove them.

• The novel Before the Storm by Christie Golden has Genn mentioned with a tail which was later said to be a mistake but it goes to show how natural it would feel that a worgen was written with one

• The game Small World of Warcraft had Genn with a tail and they went back and removed it later!

• The Hearthstone Madness of the Darkmoonfaire has a worgen tail on the cover art

Worgen tails should be added into the game as a player customization and if players want to it would be a player choice. I think it is something people who play worgen would enjoy having a choice of and with more customization options becoming open like Man’ari draenei I’d like to see an option for worgen tails.

Also Trolls should have beard options, if Vol’jin has one then they should have that customization. This one has a much more direct example so I don’t feel the need to elaborate, all trolls should have beard options.

68 Likes

PLEASE. Draenei are given 3 different tail length and then varying styles (normal v. ornate) among those 3! Surely you can throw us a bone (hah) and allow for options to have tails or not with Worgen. Pandaren have different tail options as well based on panda v. red panda style. Please please please.

Agreed. Vol’jin can’t have been the only troll in all of Azeroth who had the genetic coding for beard growth. :smiling_face_with_tear:

23 Likes

The Worgen community has been asking for tails for so long. Certainly a justification can be found to weave it into the lore, such as becoming more feral and obtaining a tail in the process? (Spitballing quick idea here.) Thinking of a quest like draenei with the Man’ari skins and eyes, but one for tails for Worgens so you can choose to have or not have one, and different tail lengths and shapes (curly puppy tail!).

And same with beards - I have seen modified trolls and goblins via Blender with some lovely beards. It is a shame they cannot have this sort of customization and should be a simple implementation per how easily people do it in Blender.

20 Likes

Plus the additional /tail wag emote.

In all seriousness, I like it!

Though the problem I have with tails on both Dreanei and Tauren, is that the cloaks can get very awkward.

13 Likes

Surprised by the amount of likes and I see it was linked in another thread! That said thread is over 14,000 posts long shows this has been a long-standing interest from the community.

8 Likes

Worgen tails have been asked for since the Cataclysm alpha. I am actually the author of the Worgen Customization Thread and while I feel worgen need more love, tails are by far the biggest demand followed by a straight posture and jet black fur colors.

Also, a fun note! The female worgen concept art which is in the Collector Edition artbook for Cataclysm have tails!

Here is the link to that thread:

8 Likes

With Troll heritage announced I hope they receive some customization updates in that same patch with troll beards.

2 Likes