Customer service of Blizzard in 2022

Here I am posting about my experience with the outsourced, and heavily automated Support ticket/ GM responses that I’ve been getting.

Let me start by explaining the issue I have. I returned to classic after having quit from Phase 1, I have Alliance characters on Fairbanks, and Horde characters on Grobbulus. As most of you know, most servers aside from the few mega servers are actually populated. the rest have about 1-10 players logged in at any given time of the day.

Recently when I attempted to play my Alliance characters, which I have 9 of them on Fairbanks (Dead server), I realized I wouldn’t be able to play the game with anyone unless I used a free transfer to migrate to a more populated server. The problem is that the ONLY server that actually has a population, and is available for my Alliance characters to migrate to, is Grobbulus. The server where all my horde characters are, thus all 9 of my alliance characters are stuck on Fairbanks.

I submitted a ticket in hopes to have Blizzard allow me to transfer my characters to the eastern free server options instead, as there were no viable options on the western list. And proceeded to receive multiple generic responses about how I needed to submit this issue to feedback/ bug report through their support system. Which does absolutely nothing to solve the current issue I’m having, and doesn’t address it at all. The ticket was then elevated to a “higher ranking” GM twice now, and both simply responded with, pay for your transfers or use wow tokens. Now that’s an interesting suggestion for a Classic player to use WoW tokens, which are only available on Retail. It was obvious to me that none of these GMs actually understood what my issue was and would not have any solutions to me, so I continued to ask for someone higher ranked to actually address the issue, or at least offer a solution that isn’t spend 300$ to transfer 9 of my characters, or grind Retail the version I don’t play, for 3 months to be able to afford transfers for all my toons.

At this point I’m just fed up, and don’t think the “customer service” Blizzard offers can ever help me with the problem or even understand it. So here I am posting this on the off chance a Blizzard employee that can comprehend the issue might be able to help me out, or forward me to someone that isn’t 9 different outsourced GMs in India, Malaysia or whatever country the support team now operates out of.

1 Like

I mean, you are trying to force an xfer thats not allowed.

Be happy you have free xfers at all… the 200 people on EF are stuck forever… Delete the grobb characters and call it a day

3 Likes

Yeah, let me delete my 2 lvl 70s, my lvl 60 mage, my lvl 50 warrior, and numerous other alts lvl 20-40

Good call, dunno why I didn’t think of that.

Also it’s rich that you’re saying be happy you have free xfers at all, as if it wasn’t blizzards fault that the mega servers exist because they kept layering in. They’re the ones responsible for why most servers are now dead.

They won’t do anything because they want you to buy a boost or pay to transfer. They profit off dying factions. Going into this, they put no restrictions on realms what so ever, knowing full well all the populations would soon be screwed up. This set the stage for massive profit on boosts and transfers.

2 Likes

Yeah, that sucks! It would have been nice if they had allowed free transfers between East and West.

I have a similar thing with my Classic Era characters, because my Alliance are on Whitemane (the free destination transfer server). So I can pay to move my Horde to a server within the same cluster, or just not play them.

So pay for transfering the 2 horde off to a good server for horde. Then move all your 9 alliance for free.

2 Likes

Can you pay for mine too?

Nope, he doesnt want to delete them, but wants to transfer his alliance there.

I have given him a solution to do so. He can chose to do it or not.

He is probably better off asking for the 2 horde to be transfered off for free reather than trying to transfer 9 characters to a realm he would be restricted from transfering.

1 Like

Am i not cute enough?

You weren’t dancing on the mailbox.

Yeah, it’s a bit ridiculous how easy the solution could be too.

The issue is created by Blizzard, and they are then so slow to react to it. Almost makes you wonder what the higher ups at Blizzard spend their day doing. Because if anyone with decent influence looked at this, a solution could be imagined within a day and acted on.

Go complain on the Customer Support forum. Blizzard CS isn’t outsourced either, they have an enormous facility in Austin, Texas that houses most of their CS. You can also look at the TBC Classic credits and see their CS employees. You won’t find many common names from India in there.

Here’s their CS facility in Austin:

1 Like

explain to me why i’m getting responses to my tickets @ 2AM GMT

Can guarantee you that’s nobody in Texas bud

They have CS employees from their EU offices respond to tickets in NA sometimes.

1 Like

You mean the office in france they shut down years ago?

France isn’t the only country in Europe.

1 Like

You don’t say

Also that picture is a bit odd, you’d expect more of the handicapped parking to be filled @ a Blizzard CS facility.

lol

Anyways, you’re going to have a better chance at a response by posting your Customer Support grievances in the Customer Support forum here:

Cool, but I’ve tried Customer service routes, and that’s why I decided to post here - it’s part of the explanation.

If you take a gander at that forum link, you’ll see that there’s a ton of Blue posts. If you’re hoping to get a Blizzard response, it aint EVER gonna happen on the Classic forums. Your best bet is that link.