Customer service always condescending and generic

I’m paying for access to servers on an MMO. I’m getting access to a server that is only online, not multiplayer, and certainly not massively multiplayer. It blows my find that you all seem to think it is unreasonable to get access to a playerbase to play the game as intended. If tomorrow Blizzard deleted everyone’s characters and told you that you could pay $25 / character to get them back or you could start over, would you be happy? Because that is what is happening.

Yeah, we know, we have toons on many different servers where we want to have a lot of folks or as little folks around because we can reroll on different server, as the game intended.

5 Likes

My advice to you is to step away for a few minutes and take a break. You’ve gotten the best advise and the only solutions to your problem here from many people, including SFA’s.

I’m very surprised this thread is still going on because it’s just going in circles at this point and is accomplishing nothing.

Honestly hope you heed the advise you’ve gotten here. Good luck.

2 Likes

No, that’s not at all what’s happening. What was it you said before about hyperbole?

Since you want to get super technical, you pay for access to the server. Nothing more, nothing less. Blizz doesn’t guarantee you that people will be online when you’re online, choose the same faction as you, choose the same server or anything of the like.

10 Likes

you head over to the TBC forum, and request realm connections.
(as has already been suggested)

8 Likes

It’s not unreasonable for you to want to play with others. No one has said or implied that it is.

What is unreasonable is to insult the GMs and SFAs that you contacted, as well as the other players here that are trying to help you the best they are able.

Right now your only options to play with more people are to reroll on a more populated realm or to pay to transfer to another realm.

No one is saying they are easy options. But those are the options.

If you’d like to see a change in the current options for you, and any others in your situation; you can submit an in-game suggestion asking for free transfers or you can make a post in a non-support forum (TBCC General discussion or Classic General discussion would fit best), to bring your concerns and wishes to the developers attention.

Posting here isn’t going to affect the change you want, nor is opening tickets asking for a transfer.

No, I wouldn’t be happy. I don’t think anyone would be. But that’s not what is happening.

No one is stopping you from playing those characters.

Like it or not, you are getting exactly what you, and everyone else, pays for; access to the game. You aren’t guaranteed access to particular servers, characters or populations. You are guaranteed access. What you do with that access is up to you.

5 Likes

I don’t disagree with you, but you won’t find any solution on the CS forum to realm imbalance issues plaguing TBC.

Population is so Horde favored that Bliz recently tried an experiment where they allowed Horde to play against Horde in BGs (“Alliance” team wore cardboard masks on their faces).
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-horde-is-so-popular-in-wow-burning-crusade-classic-that-its-beginning-to-ruin-the-game

1 Like

There’s no need to derail this thread with a completely unrelated rant. You were given the option to provide feedback on your CS experience in your ticket, I suggest you use that rather than hijacking someone else’s thread just to take jabs at Blizzard CS.

If you were told to stop opening tickets, it means you were likely bordering on CS harassment.

If “harassment” is explaining that the prior reply didn’t actually respond to my question, that the advice I got was inappropriate to that question because the place I was told to go and get answers either didn’t exist or had no possibility of clarifying the question I asked, or because the prior reply I got appeared to have been from someone who hadn’t even read the question, then I suppose I was harasssing them.

It is not harassment to expect a responsive answer to a question.

I was quite civil - and as I said, this literally went on for months. If I’d been ugly with them or threatening or anything remotely definable by anyone who wasn’t a CS FanBoy or A Blizzard CS Employee as harassment it would have ended long before then.

I’d give details but it’s a violation of the rules to detail interactions with them (which says volumes about their transparency - the LAST thing they want is public airing of their utter contempt for their customers).

Unfortunately you received the answers you did because this would be outside of what Customer Service can offer for advice. I would be surprised if no where in the tickets though they recommended a site such as Able Gamers, https://ablegamers.org/ , though possibly not. Things that can be used to help one set of players could be converted into something that could be easily exploited. Take for instance, the recent ban on software that helped multiboxers. In this case, support can’t explicitly give you advise that might one day also no longer be allowed.

9 Likes

this seems like something which would be better to discuss with one of the many communities which are dedicated to helping players with various disabilities.

honestly, players themselves would have more knowledge about this sort of thing, than GMs.

i see that you made a post in the UI/macro forum a couple of years ago, and it seems you got some assistance there.

if you needed more help, try reaching out to one of the websites which was suggested, or pick the brains of people in general discussion.

6 Likes

:roll_eyes:

It’s also a violation to derail/hijack another customer’s thread, which is what you’re doing. Call me a fanboy all you want, but take your own advice.

And just for clarification, the violation you are particularly referencing is discussing account actions on the forums. Requesting clarification on a response or issue is allowed. You’re just going about it the wrong way. I hope you find the resolution you seek. I’m bowing out here.

Edit: Nobully and Kozzae have offered some good advice.

6 Likes

Sure it is hyperbole to make the point that Blizzard’s stance is providing a game where I can only play the multiplayer game by myself and that is totally acceptable. I have no issue if this was the last server online and that was the playerbase. It isn’t, there are players, I’m just not allowed to have access to them without paying more money or wasting my time and starting over.

Considering this post was intended to be specifically about the content of GM responses on not about my particular issue and hijacked by SFAs into the specifics, I don’t see how it has been helpful. I already knew what my options were with my particular issue, I didn’t need GM or SFA help with that.

At the risk of violating the “don’t talk about it” rules by offering specifics, they did not. And this wasn’t about finding a device. I had found one. It was about whether or not it was legal to use it.

There is a discrepancy in the rules that I was attempting to clarify - something that occurred because technology advanced to something that didn’t exist when they were written.

That there is no place to ask was my issue. I had found a device that could go a long way towards giving her the use of enough finger switches to play as she once had. The switches had multiple hardware events available to them on individual buttons. The rules are unclear on this because the definition of “button press” and “hardware event” are synonymous in there because when those rules were written, that’s how they worked. But especially for ADA devices, a button press can have multiple or different “hardware events” sent based on how hard or how quickly the button is pressed.

The advice I got from the UI/Macro forum was that Blizzard could not possibly detect where the hardware events came from so it was safe to use the device, but with the monitoring software they use, I wasn’t certain enough about it to risk her account, so I ended up sending the device back for a partial refund.

Sadly her health and capabilities deteriorated enough that I had to send her back to family for the care I simply could not provide her. I’m disabled myself and I could not keep up with her needs.

And you folks do yourselves no service by simply flagging every post that’s critical of Customer Service - tell me again how that’s supposed to foster trust?

No, it’s hyperbole to say that blizzard deleted your characters and everyone else’s too.

Correct. Those are your options if you don’t want to make a thread in the right place to encourage Blizz to look at connecting your server with a higher-population one.

5 Likes

I didn’t want advice about my particular issue, I wanted to discuss the content of the responses from GMs.

Which this forum isn’t for. If you’re unhappy with the fact that the GMs ain’t going to grant your request, then it’ll be best to give feedback about on a general forum as the the CS forum is not able to help in that regard.

1 Like

Keep reading.

Blizzard would not give the ok, because things like this happen, so you will not get that as it may become something later banned.

Being told no sometimes is what is required of customer service, even going against the axiom “the customer is always right”, sorry.

7 Likes

You clearly do not want help and have an agenda. Good luck.