@cursor divine toll macro no longer works since 9.1.5

I’ve used this macro since Shadowlands launch without issue.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@cursor,talent:1/3] reset=15 Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, Divine Toll
/castsequence [@cursor,talent:1/1] reset=15 Final Reckoning, Divine Toll

Ever since 9.1.5 launched yesterday, it no longer works on Divine Toll. FR and ES still work fine as before, but when it gets to the DT portion nothing happens as I spam the button so I have to use the regular non-macro spell ability. This was previously the only way I could get this castsequence to work so that FR automatically cast on my cursor.
Does anyone know any way around this issue?

1 Like

Try this

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@cursor,talent:1/3,talent:7/3] [talent:1/3,talent:7/3] reset=15 Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, Divine Toll; [@cursor,talent:7/3] [talent:7/3] reset=15 Final Reckoning, Divine Toll; Divine Toll

Still the same issue unfortunately. Thanks for the reply though!

Do you have final reckoning talent select as well? That’s a 7th row talent.

Maybe something like this as the final form:
/castsequence [@cursor,talent:1/3,talent:7/3] reset=15 Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, Divine Toll; [@cursor,talent:7/3] reset=15 Final Reckoning, Divine Toll; Divine Toll

In these situations what I personally do is eliminate variables and start very simple, then build on it. For example,

1. Disable ALL ADDONS (you have no idea how this one thing alone fixes so many issues)
  2. Create a new macro (I always do test macros with names like zTest to make them easy to find).
  3. Start with the simplest macro: /cast Divine Toll
  4. Get in front of a target dummy and see if it works.

Now if that works change it to: /castsequence Divine Toll
then to: /castsequence Final Reckoning,Divine Toll
then to: /castsequence reset=15 Final Reckoning,Divine Toll
then to: /castsequence [@cursor] reset=15 Final Reckoning,Divine Toll
etc…

At some point you’re going to either recreate your existing macro in its entirety (in which case just delete the old macro (probably bad data behind the scenes) and create a new one) or it will break and you’ll find the critical difference.

We can focus on that 1 point and see if its something you did unintentionally or you need to do a full ui reset (support article here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549) or its a bug and there’s nothing we can do as players to help you, except show you a possible alternative.

Swapped my Pally over to Kyrian. Appears to be an issue with Divine Toll itself.
It’s like it’s returning true for @cursor but then also declaring it an invalid target.

Tried:

• Removing the @cursor condition set (works but doesn’t @cursor for obvious reasons)
  • Using the full spell name Divine Toll(Kyrian)
  • Adding an exists check to the @cursor set (made it behave the same as the version with no @cursor).

Even something as simple as the following fails.

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] [] Divine Toll

So yeah. I’d submit a bug report. Or just go Venthyr because Ashen Hallow works fine.

1 Like

Blizzard has been no help as always. No response on my post in the bug forums and support has been useless.

I know its not the same macro but you can do this one i use when i spec into execution sentence. Can start with blade of justice and then judgment and use the one button macro. Seems to work fine so far. I not super good at the macro making but I found this to work.

#showtooltip Execution Sentence
/castsequence [talent:5/3] reset=20 Seraphim, null
/castsequence [@player, talent:7/3] reset=20 Final Reckoning, null
/castsequence reset=combat/20 Wake of Ashes, Execution Sentence, Divine Toll

You can add templar’s verdict at the end of divine toll if you like to use your holy power spender as well like my non execution sentence macro below.

#showtooltip Final Reckoning
/castsequence [talent:5/3] reset=20 Seraphim, null
/castsequence [@player, talent:7/3] reset=20 Final Reckoning, null
/castsequence reset=combat/20 Divine Toll, Templar’s Verdict

I’ve posted a work-around here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/macro-stopped-working-since-1-week-before-915/1128819/4

Thanks for the null portion. That helped me fix my original macro. This works the same way as before now.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@cursor,talent:1/3] [talent:1/3] reset=5 Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, null; [@cursor,talent:1/1] [talent:1/1] reset=5 Final Reckoning, null
/cast Divine Toll

1 Like

Yes I noticed the macro would break without it. You can add @cursor or @player based off your own needs. Just glad to help! :slight_smile: