Current shaman issues after Jan.25 update, and expected changes:

Glad we finally got Enh Frost/Flame shock off shared CD after 1+ year of feedback.
Here’s a list of current talent/ability don’t make too much sense and should’ve been reworked.

Enh: This spec is currently SIGNIFICANTLY lacking in terms of AOE.

• Ice strike talent: needs redesign for obvious reasons. (increase frost dmg with each wolf active? remove frostshock CD? there are numberous interesting & fun ways to design frost based skill that interact with Chill to the core conduit & hail storm)
  • Fire nova: 6 target cap with a 15sec CD…
  • Chain lightning: An AOE ability with a 3 target cap. (no other class has an AOE ability that only hits 3 targets)
  • Feral spirits: Needs to cleave.

Ele:

• -Static discharge: Negative feedback since PTR. The existence of this is an insult to ppl who are doing the feedback, it shows that nobody cares about how bad the product is.
  • -Pyroclastic shock: Ditto. Negative feedback since PTR 2020. hello?
  • -2/4 Set bonus is pretty much 0 impact in AOE situations.
  • -Ascendance: Iconic 3min CD that’s been under tuned since PTR 2020.

Won’t go any further because it’s a fact that feedback is 95% (unconfirmed number, pls correct me if someone has actual data) useless.
But we gotta keep trying :slight_smile:

I think wolves should do an AoE attack when you use crash lightning.

Why we have primal strike?

Where did you see this?

its on the newest update. go read bluepost.

By Linxy 2 days ago (Patch 9.1.5)Source#13

More additions to this week’s PTR!

CLASSES

• Shaman
    • Chain Harvest (Venthyr Ability) now grants 3 Maelstrom per target hit when cast while in Elemental Specialization
    • Splintered Elements (Necrolord Runecarving Power) now increases Haste by 10% (was 8%) for 12 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Elemental
      • Storm Elemental’s (Talent) Wind Gust now lasts for the duration of the Storm Elemental (was 30 seconds).
    • Enhancement
      • Frost Shock and Flame Shock no longer have a shared cooldown.

Thanks! I missed that part, thats huge

I would have preferred 2 charges for shocks (and stormstrike…) instead of separate CDs.

Separate CDs is clunkier and less flexible. Particularly since we have flame shock spread now so we don’t really need flame shock with its own CD as much since once we cast it the first time in a fight it may just stay up and spread on its own.

But it’s better than nothing.

I’m fine with no shared cool downs anymore, I’m not good enough to balance how I use my charges lol. I do think each of them having their own cool down will help with the flow of the class.