Current rating system good enough

I do miss there being 1 ilvl for honor and conquest, not because it makes it harder to push, that’s actually not that big of a difference

It’s the issue of making an alt and going into BGs and getting smoked.

I haven’t done this yet, but I haven’t even hit duelist yet, about 100 rating away and I’m already 37k hp 29% versatility in my Rival gear. I go into battlegrounds and most people have like 24k hp and I kid you not, I go in and kill their whole team. I can’t even imagine trying to gear an alt lmao.

1 Like

Preach it sister lol

Yep, it sucks. It’s not impossible though, I hit 60 on my alt sunday and its 192 right now.

https://imgur.com/a/FVeD2z9

:slight_smile:

1 Like

So how would you fix it? Instead of just complaining? Alts have many different ways to gear up… do you expect alts to hit 60 and do mythic 10s? I’m confused

A combination of WoD and Legion gearing, perhaps?

WoD had honor and conquest gear which scaled in PvP to match heroic and above gear. Essentially, making honor gear not be worthless.

Legion, as we all know it, had a stat template. Making a fresh leveled alt from not getting stomped in PvP.

So, it’ll worth in tandem with WoD gear scaling and a slight template adjustment, scaling players up with hit points. The WoD would provide more of your ilvl and main stats and secondary stats.

Or, let’s just not make it confusing and bring back WoD PvP gearing.

Well I just said how I’d fixed it. There would be one version of honor gear and one version of conquest gear.

Maybe make it so 2400 players get slightly better gear.

1 Like

It literally takes one week to get 197 honor gear, it’s easy

197 gear sucks?

197 is trash. Im 216

1 Like

Yeah 197 is negligible I wouldn’t even waste the honor, just get 190 or whatever covenant gear and yolo rbg enough 1200 teams to get some conquest. But yeah anything below like 215 rn isn’t really a competitive Ilvl. Really you should want to be 220ish or quickly approaching it to really minimize negative gear differentials in arena. But queuing arena at 197 is super troll

Not everyone has the same neckbeard potential. Some people can easily grind/neckbeard to get things done. Others have less time to be on the game. The bg honour grind is tailored to be easy for the grandest of neckbeards. But the more of a normal life someone has…the harder it is for them to get 197 honor gear.

Venthyr aren’t so lucky in that their covenant armor does not have versatility on it.

Okay so free 220 gear to everyone who immediately hits 60?

It used to be that there was one iteration of honor gear and one iteration of conquest gear. I think thats the closest they were to getting it right. I would like to see some incentive to be higher rating, but perhaps only reward the most elite like 2100 or 2400. Because right now the power gap is huge. Idk.

It doesn’t really impact me much personally, but I do kinda feel bad destroying kids in bgs cause they suck at arena and have no gear.

1 Like

I did bgs on my feral for an hour and got 3k honor it isn’t hard to gear Alts at all. Like yeah you’re gonna die easy just take it for what it is

dude im like 224 i was helping someone speed cap rated honor in like SUPER yolo rbgs on monday night

qd into a kotmogu 1400 team whole team was like 24-26k hp

i literally pressed ascendance and tab targeted
and in the 15 second ascendance window i got 8 kbs and their whole team was dead

gear scaling is actually UNREAL

Gee, who could have seen that coming?

Getting 197 gear isn’t “gearing,”

It is pretty wild going from just above 20k hp to 40k in the first season

That’s also with hp being much lower due to not having azerite pieces with fat stam

Hidden scaling was dumb but it’s like they forgot they had that and just kept the gear gaps the same while removing the scaling

1 Like