Current op pets or teams?

Returning to wow, and I’ve been a sucker for pets and achievements.

Was impressed to see the new achievemrnts related to winning with three pets of the same kind.

Previously when I played, there was often one op pet, like graves, or the howl + water bomb combo. These have received subsequent nerfs, but there always seems to be something that emerges regardless.

What are some the must-have pets or team combinations? Especially if they help win three-of-same-kibd wins.

To help narrow things down, I have most pets pre-legion

I refer the honorable gentleman to the reply I gave a month ago:

Overpowered: Uuna

Strong:
Wharf Rat
Undercity Cockroach
Borean Marmot
Coifang Stalker
Fel Piglet
Grotesque
Lizard Hatchling
Plump Turkey
Slithershock Elver
Tiny Goldfish
Wind Rider Cub
Darkmoon Glowfly
Zoom
Sand Scarab

1 Like

Did any of you have friends growing up that would Gameshark a game before actually playing it?
That’s what topics like this make me think of.

1 Like

They would make fun of me for reading the instruction manual …

1 Like

:thinking:

You might find this site helpful ;

1 Like

Yeah, I was going to say - in a less snarky vein - that Xu-Fu’s is a better place to look if you want the Family Battler or Family Familiar achievements.

Family Brawler one is a little trickier. You really don’t need OP pets. I did the critter one with Crispin, Frostfur Rat and a Rabbit. Honestly, I just sorted my pets by family and chose random pets. Some of the teams weren’t that great.

The trick is to come up with teams for every family first. Then rotate them as you are going. If you try to finish one family all at once, people will figure it out and respond with a hard counter team.

1 Like

So even pet battles now has it’s own separate website. Makes you wonder who are the people that stick to the forums …,

Looks like I have many of the pets, but need to raise them to level 25.

Whats the best way to level up? I heard that putting a weak pet with two op pets is no longer a good strategy - accurate?

I know about squirt, but unaware of any other fast method other than coins from world quests.

Most of the Pandaria trainers can be fought with a carry pet, generally takes about an hour to complete the circuit and I could usually level at least 2 pets 1-25 and a third most of the way there. Drawback is that it’s only once a day.

The Legion tamers that are part of the family achievement can be fought over and over similar to Squirt and many of them can be used to level pets. There the drawback is the randomness of when they appear as WQs.

There are also the three trainers on the Broken Shore. They rotate so one is always up each day as a WQ and all can be used to level a pet. They can only be fought once daily, but that’s per character not account wide like the Pandaria/WoD trainers. So depending on how many alts they can be used to level several pets each day.

Well, Battle Pet week starts in 2 weeks, so there’s always that.

I would say it depends on how you play and how many alts you have.

If you have the Menagerie at level 3 at your Garrison, it’s worth doing the daily just for the upgrade stones. And the weekly gives you 10 upgrade stones.

You can buy pet treats for the new currency - Polished Pet stones - from vendors in several places. Otherwise, you can get 1 of the hamburger treats per week for doing the PvP weekly.

If you have several alts, park them in strategic places:
Ashlei in Shadowmoon Valley.
Crysa in Northern Barrens.
Environeer Bert in Gnomer
Any of the end level tamers (Too many to name)
Pandaren tamers
WOD tamers

A lot of the Legion tamers aren’t worth it.

Keep an eye out for world quests that drop upgrade stones.

If you don’t have many alts, the Pandaren circuit is best. WOD second.

And Squirt will be up Monday the 25th.

1 Like