Current ETA for Classic?

As of now what is the ETA for classic to come out?

Might want to ask in the forum specified for it. You should be able to edit and move your thread.

3 Likes

Believe it’s just “Summer 2019”.

1 Like

The general forums are for any topic related to World of Warcraft.

1 Like

Well now that Mr. “You think you do but you don’t” is in charge you can count on classic taking the farthest back burner he can find since the devs of this game are super petty and don’t like it when players tell them what kind of game they want.

1 Like

July 2019 at the latest

and i love Rhielle :slight_smile:

1 Like

And yet there’s an entirely separate forum for Classic specifically so that it wouldn’t be in GD… funny how that works. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

They will always launch content 1 month apart from each other to prolong subs so…

1 month for 7.1 -> 1 month for 7.1 raid (BOD) -> 1 month for LFRs -> 1 month for 7.1.5 -> 1 month Crucible raid -> 1 month for Crucible LFR -> Classic launch here.

When the firmament of hell finally freezes over!

Or yeah, Summer 2019.

Year plus easily blizzard always extends deadlines because that’s how they work… Soon is their favorite word

From what I’ve heard, he’s actually been like spearheading it. There’s some sort of stream/talk show thing online that covers classic and follows developments very closely. Allegedly, Mr. You think you do but you don’t actually arranged for the folks from Nostralus (the free private server people that kind of got the ball rolling) to come to the US and collaborate with them. I think, and this is not confirmed at all for the record, that they wanted to be paid for their effort if they worked with blizz on classic, and of course blizz declined because it’s their intellectual property anyway. Nost was all about making their servers free and keeping them going just so players had access to them, but they handed it off to someone else when they heard blizz say they were making plans for classic. Kind of ruins their whole nobility angle once they started asking for money.

My point is that he apparently had a big change of heart and is very active with getting it off the ground. Take that as you will or won’t, I remain skeptical but slightly more optimistic than before.

Classic forum is down the hall.
This should clear some stuff up though.
Many more questions than answers.

2 Likes

Well I would say that “Mister” knows his product far better than you do.

“Super petty”? Blizz? Really?

“Nobody loves you” indeed; just uninstall and never pay a subscription again.

Simple.

Summer.
:arrow_right: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/community/classic-discussion

id say end of summer aug they did say during the summer so thats my best guess toward the end of aug.

91 days from now.

You Necro’d a post from January, just to say this? To an account that hasn’t been on the forums since February?

1 Like