Current alpha build is just two more years of shadowlands feral

I actually think Feral is the most fun DPS spec in the game atm, and the most fun it’s been in years. My only issue right now is the utter lack of AoE. But, please don’t change the focus/play of the class as a whole, just give us more interesting and powerful AoE methods.

Right now, it’s great in Raids, great in PvP, but garbage in M+, simply because M+ is mostly about AoE.

Hunter dev has been excellent so far. Despite the Hunter talents being clearly the worst of all on release, I have great confidence that Hunters will end up with a great tree.

Druid trees were probably the second worst, but unlike Hunters, the Druid dev doesn’t seem to be reading feedback. Either that or he doesn’t agree with the feedback. If it’s the latter, I’d still like to see him respond so that we can start a discussion.

4 Likes

I just don’t like how it functions. Buff to bleeds in a specific window, doesn’t fit the class or spec, almost useless for aoe, and our bleeds could just be tuned to do more damage without needing to press swarm. I’d rather savage roar be my upkeep instead of swarm.

I feel like Feral was MILES better in Legion and even moreso in WoD. Legion 7.3 and onward Sabertooth has been plaguing the spec by just making it feel like Rogue and simplifying everything. They also added FB into our mastery so our bleeds deal significantly less damage proportionately. They also gutted savage roar AND made it a talent for some reason… Completely braindead rotation compared to what it was before and I think it’s extremely boring. Only thing better about current Feral is we have primal wrath, which is just a poorly designed crutch for aoe… but at least we’re better off than we were in that regard.

2 Likes

There is a strong part of me that wished the changes in WoD had never happened.

With Wrath Classic coming out, that feeling is even stronger as that was my favorite version. I always liked the rotation. I remember Cata not being quite as good, but still good gameplay.

MoP was just bad. It had a lot of power with timers at 45 sec and 54 seconds such that you only used SR and Rip once in most fights. It was so braindead that I actually got bored with it.

There is a very unrealistic part of me that is hoping, which how similar it is already, that a spec closer to Wrath’s version will come back in dragon isles (DI). I am not holding my breath as it would take the paladin version of DI to get something like that. Divine Intervention is what it would take to get anything that good back again.

1 Like

Seems to me it’s not progression with feral its regression. The current trees are absolute crap and a slap not only on the face but the bottoms of feral players. In other words it sucks and done over again.

Also whoever came up with the design of the current feral tree for dragon flight had to have been on crack.

1 Like

I think I’m kinda alone in that I actually like that the bleeds do less damage(proportionally). I’ve just never really liked that play style in MMOs(except in raids with super high health targets). For those who like the bleed playstyle, I can definitely see where some of the fun is gone now.

If you don’t like bleeds doing a lot of damage then why not just play sub or outlaw rogue? Being the bleed spec is the only thing that makes feral rotationally unique. In its current form you’re literally just playing an energy starved rogue. Bite should not be almost half our damage… it’s just supposed to be filler DMG between bleed uptime.

3 Likes

tbh im kinda used to Slands feral and don’t want to really relearn anything new. Looks like we might have more energy to utilize which is a bonus and the talent trees might yet get tweaked a little more but for the most part but if it aint broke it dont need fixing.

Sure i have some issues with the tree as do we all but the rotation is familiar and works. ( i still hate the slands bloodtalons though )

but it is broke?

3 Likes

it sounds like its only broke to very specifically mythic + peoples.

All the game companies obsoleted in the history raised their hands up from their graves and clicked “like”.

No it’s definitely broke in all aspects. It’s literally just subtlety/assass rogue now without any of the things that make those specs unique.

This is not a good thing. Low energy regen has always been a key component of Feral when it was actually good. Having to make moment to moment decisions about if you have time to weave a bite into your rip/savage roar rotation was extremely satisfying. Even if savage roar becomes not entirely useless in DF like it has been since BfA, it won’t even matter because with all the forced energy regen talents and sabertooth, maintaining rip and roar will be a joke.

People who like current Feral just want it to be a rogue spec. If you want to play rogue, go and play rogue. Feral doesn’t need to be a rogue clone.

I feel like that’s not exactly true, in pvp the way feral is built is pretty nice. But being a Bite bot in raids is snooze and m+ is broke.

I mainly pvp, but for the class overall I just want to see something fresh and new or something old that builds on the Necro bleed type build. You like the way feral plays in PvP, but there’s so much room for improvement. where’s the MoP feral that could have Treants and a berserk, roar, treants burst that felt really impactful. I want to see them lean into the dot-focused/ snapshotting feral or atleast a new twist on it.

Other than that the general layout of the tree is lacking, Losing hibernate again so soon feels bad, and the Berserk nodes feel useless (it’s an awful ability without the 4-set, and it’s being split up to be worse when points are already so limited at that part of the tree)

2 Likes

This looks and feels like people just using different definitions of the word “broken”. To me “broken” means either “unplayable” or “obviously an outlier”. The only form of content that term really applies to Feral in Shadowlands is M+ - and even then WW/Destro/Survival also have their part to play there.

I agree that Feral and Assassination have too much similarity in how they play in Shadowlands. They’ve clearly chosen to change Assassination, and I don’t think it’s very clear what the plans are for Feral. I think ideally there would be room for both DoT and direct damage focused gameplay in the tree. Will it get there? Who knows.

I just wholeheartedly disagree that there is a “right way” to design any spec, not just Feral.

1 Like

Why? We already have Sub/Outlaw rogue as combo point generating direct damage focused specs. Assass is the only other bleed-centric spec. Feral has always been similar to Assass, but the thing that makes them so different is energy regen. Low energy regen makes mainaining Rip/Roar and weaving Bites in a much more difficult and rewarding gameplay loop. Assass has extremely high energy regen because they generally build haste and have things like Venemous Wounds. If you don’t want Feral to be really energy oriented, just go play Sin rogue. I feel like the only place where it makes sense for Feral to be a little more spammy is in M+ because DoT classes generally suffer there because of fight times being low.

this i will agree with, make both options as close to equally viable as possible, let us feral nerds play our way and let the others enjoy their way. the spec has changed over the years too much to really bring back the old feral, but there has to be some give in the way we choose to build the spec.

2 Likes

I’d much rather have the talent tree focus primarily on bleeds than have only half of them be about bleeds. Gives much more options for people who actually like Feral. If you want to be about direct damage, play Sub rogue. If you don’t want to worry about energy regen, play Sin rogue. This is literally the only thing that makes Feral unique I don’t want to see it be a rogue clone for another expansion.

1 Like

Sorry, no. Shadowlands feral and df feral in pvp are not and will not be sub or assassination rogues.