Currency Conversions Coming with Patch 4.4.0 on April 30

patch 4.4.0? typo?

we pay to play this game , all we ask is a bit of respect from blizzard … !

2 Likes

yeah I’m sure they intentionally did this conversion early. Plus the fact that they pushed class updates in SoD that weren’t meant for the 4/23 maintenance. Or the fact that they don’t have enough bandwidth to review every PR in entirety to catch one person’s mistaken commit.

I’m not saying what happened was not unfortunate, I would be really annoyed too. It doesn’t change the fact that almost certainly this was an unfortunate mistake due to trying to juggle too many things. They are only human.

Then they need to correct their mistake, and follow the previously provided information. I understand things get missed and mistakes happen. But instead of taking responsibility and doing what is right by the community their response is effectively “oh well, sucks to be you.” In that regard they deserve every bit of backlash they are receiving.

4 Likes

Could have just done this conversion in wrath and saved everyone the trouble of all these redundant tokens.

2 Likes

We are not planning to convert these. Going forward, you can collect them and use them as before.

2 Likes

47 silver per Emblem of Frost/Triumph yet LESSER emblems are 5 gold MORE per? Are the folks at Blizzard smokin’ the pipe?

4 Likes

I’m fairly certain this is a typo. On the PTR its currently converting to 47silver per excess JP over the cap, which works out to 5gold 44 silver 26 copper for Frost/Triumph. Still dumb that they didn’t make it the 47silver 50 copper so they are 5.5g like the lesser ones.

1 Like

Kaivax, can we get some clarification on void storage. Is it intended that its missing from the ptr and beta? Id like to store items that hold value to me without clogging up my normal bank space.

1 Like

What you did with arena points was horrendous and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I have guild members that had over 9k arena points saved to buy stuff with discounted currency, and without warning lost everything.

I know you won’t do anything about it, you demonstrated multiple times over the past year that you don’t care about classic, for every borderline minimal effort you put to do something positive there are a dozen negatives, I for instance am still dealing with class bugs that I reported on WotLK beta.

This ceased to be frustrating ages ago, the ‘support’ you provided, or lack there of, over the expansion is infuriating.

9 Likes

Can we get a response on the arena point issue? Clearly there was 2 different dates, and that has caused lots of people to lose arena points they were planning to use

6 Likes

how about reply to the arena points questions

5 Likes

This isn’t the activision circus anymore, you’re part of Microsoft now. Making this kind of a mistake was expected back then, now you actually have to answer to your mistakes and provide acceptable customer support.

What steps are being taken to correct the error made with arena points?

6 Likes

Okay so with Emblems it was already better to convert any past the 346 cap down to Conquest or whatever, cause before it would equal roughly 5g 45s, which while not being a ton less, there’s no sense in leaving gold on the table. Of course that’s providing it’s not a typo and it actually is 47 silver per EMBLEM and not per POINT. Even if it actually is per emblem, that doesn’t change that going with Conquest/Valor/Heroism is just the better option. Heck, you could probably go a little lower if you’re still planning to run things on said character, so you don’t just waste points on the void.

But the honor? Why make the honor worth so much less? It’s quite literally worth 100 times less than before. That’s a spit in the face honestly, especially since this info is FINALLY being shared barely 5 days before pre-patch. I’ll pull up my character now to go over the numbers I currently have:
Honor - 56774 = 1362.576
S.K. Shards - 305 = 488
Venture Coins - 1234 = 3702
Wintergrasp Honor Mark - 16 = 305.28
Grand Total of New Honor = 5857.856
So it’s an excess of 1857, which for simplicity’s sake, I’ll just take off anything after the decimal.
But still, 1857 multiplied by 35 is just shy of 65000, which amounts to a whole 6 gold 49 silver and 95 copper.
That just feels rude, cause honestly in the grand scheme of things, 650 gold isn’t a massive amount, that might pay for Azeroth flying for a couple characters.
Edit: Looking at the PTR, honor is still being exchanged for 35 silver each, which isn’t what the post says but what’s on the PTR doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what we’re getting.

2 Likes

So, the arena points were converted to honor last week, when we were told it wouldn’t happen until patch 4.4. I , like many others , was already honor capped on most of my toons. If i knew ahead of time I would have used some of the honor points towards gems or whatever so that I would actually get my arena points converted to honor, instead of apparently just disappearing? Now we’re being told that the wrath pvp gear will be able to be bought by honor points BEFORE prepatch cata is released next week. Okay, sure, i’ll take it. The problem? the pvp gear is still listed to be bought with arena points. When will it be changed to be purchased with honor when again we’re told it will be available BEFORE prepatch- but prepatch is next week? I , like others, have saved my arena points for the end of the season and have just completely lost out on everything. We all sub to blizzard and pay monthly and we can’t even get a god damn response or some accurate information from these fools ? its beyond disrespectful and I for one am quite disappointed in blizzard and I can’t see the release of cata being anything but a complete sh!t show.
A bunch of monkeys would give better customer service then blizzard at this point.

8 Likes

In all 46 post’s, there was roughly 3 posts that didn’t mention the arena point problem. This is the post they reply to? just to say nothing is happening about it LOL? glad we got that cleared up… … lol what is even happening here. answer the mob already.

8 Likes

Clearly blizzard has been following this thread. Really hoping the current silence is because they’re discussing a solution to the arena points debacle.

@blizz thoughts? Please?

1 Like

Let’s be real…they’re not discussing anything. That is evident the amount of conflicting information given to us.

4 Likes

How about answering the other questions being asked…are you going to revert the arena point conversion since you all botched the timing on that? How about clarifying the extra Frost and Triumph conversion to gold after 346 emblems. Is it PER EMBLEM or PER JUSTICE POINT over cap?

4 Likes

it’s 47 silver per justice point over the cap. That comes out to 5g44s26c per emblem of triumph/frost over the cap. whih is still less than the 5.5g per lower emblem, granted, but not by much.

2 Likes