Currency Conversions Coming with Patch 4.4.0 on April 30

That’s a big slap in the face to those who had 75k honor and arena points ready to spend.

15 Likes

You should add a 50%+ discount to all JP and honor gear in the pre-patch until Cata comes out.

There’s no reason to bother farming any of it at the normal costs between the 30th and the 20th. The time investment to farm full sets of gear in the pre-patch is probably longer than the time you’d be using the gear before replacing it in Cata.

1 Like

best bet for maxium payout is to just convert badges over 346 to conquest since frost and tri badges only give 47s per but conq is 5g 50s

2 Likes

yeah but theres a vendor in the underbelly you can convert to the less tier badge

1 Like

This is insane that you converted arena points without telling anyone. Awful.

12 Likes

Waiiiit… did my over 8,000 arena points on my DK not convert to anything? I had capped honor already, so my arena points just poofed?

Am I stupid or is this another example of Blizzard employees being terrible at their jobs and not communicating exactly what was happening prior to it happening?

Oh… Okay. That’s crazy. I don’t actually care much but man oh man Blizzard just keeps on proving the haters right.

19 Likes

Just another example of SoD being the priority over the other classic expansions/realms…

Will it get better? and cata will get the atention it deserves like SoD? only you can answer that…

5 Likes

There was no conversion of scourgestones when I copied a character with them onto beta.

1 Like

SoD has its own problems that the team doesn’t have time to address. The problem is its too small a team with too little time to do too much work. I don’t simp for Bliz but I do feel for the devs who are doing the best with the poor hand they’ve been dealt by their employers.

1 Like

“BEFORE” the Cataclysm pre-patch (IN 6 DAYS BTW), Honor Points may be spent on “WRATH GEAR”. Any Wrath Honor Points that are not spent will be converted during the Cataclysm pre-patch maintenance.

WRATH GEAR = what??? off pieces

instead of a fully deserved full set of Wrath gear my currency is getting converted to literal COPPER rofl talk about worst possible outcome well played well played

5 Likes

It should be by point, which makes the frost/triumph convert to 5.5 gold equal to conquest. But who knows if Blizz will make a meal of the converstion.

1 Like

This is not “doing their best.” We had a post on what to expect with honor conversion on April 2, and they blatantly did something else. Tons of people lost Arena Points that they spent weeks farming out as a result, with no communication whatsoever until over 2 days after they were already gone.

This is nothing but another example of the disregard that Blizzard has for the PVP community.

9 Likes

um actually frost and triumph dont convert to 5.5 G

its 47s each which means all the sub par tokens are worth more lol

2 Likes

It doesn’t even make sense. The people who forget to convert to lower emblems will just make a ton less gold.

Blizzard bad.

3 Likes

yeah 100% same goes for the stone keeper shards and wintergrasp marks the math doesnt add up

2 Likes

So, Wotlk PTR has been updated to Cata Prepatch. I just copied my hunter with 348 Triumph badges, no frost or any other type of badge.

348 x 11.58 = 4,029.84 JP.

I received the expected 4k JP as well as mail for 14g 2 silver 48 copper.
Which is 29.84 (Extra jp over cap) x 0.47 (silver) = 14.0248. So their post is wrong. You will get the extra converted at 47 silver PER excess JP over the cap, not 47 silver per emblem over the cap.

Also, where is my void storage npc at. Lemee clear my bag space of items that I do NOT want to get rid of. Dude is just missing from ptr and beta.

2 Likes

“Season 8 ended last week, and Arena Points were converted to Honor Points at the usual rate (1 Arena Point = 10 Honor Points). Please note:” We were told it would not occur until patch 4.4.0 was released. WE ALL LOST OUR POINTS BECAUSE WE WERE ALL HONOR CAPPED AND NOT READY>

“* Because this was the final season of the Wrath expansion, the prices of Wrath gear will not be discounted in advance of Cataclysm Classic.” WHY? IT WAS AT THE END OF THE BURNING CRUSADE EXPANSION. WHY HHANDLE IT DIFFERENTLY NOW AND NOT INFORM US?

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

9 Likes

the lack of communication is truly disappointing here. holding points on 2 alts for a full wrath set + weapons like the end of other seasons.

even if you planned on not discounting wrathful gear, you coulda given a heads-up for the one-week-early point conversion, coulda just spent the arena points instead of hoarding.

all in all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, really unfortunate.

should be noted there is still time to fix it…

edit: if the wrathful gear is super super cheap, for example enough to cover a whole set with 4000 honor, that could be fine too

10 Likes

The easiest, laziest job in the world. Being a Blizzard CM.

3 Likes

Awesome to have clarity on the conversion rates.

That gets rid of the same currencies as original cata, but a little surprised you didn’t add in conversions to get rid of the extra wrath classic only currencies we have lying around like Sidereal Essence and Defiler’s Scourgestones.

2 Likes