[CS Lounge] Mastadôn's Puntastic Pseudo-thread!

It’s hilarious when “decimating” another player with facts…lol

3 Likes

Would attacking his fashion sense be violating any rules lol. Id say something honey if i were to attack anything id attack ur sense of fashion your looks scream help i fell in a bargin bin at wow version of walmart and couldnt find my way out.

2 Likes

Thank you for that, my eye was twitching a bit reading his post. xD

2 Likes

I wonder if he has the real life initials AH! With all his talk about wanting to sue for “decimation”.

2 Likes

Did he seriously go there ugh where vrak when u need him.

I think I’m about done with that thread as I want to keep my posting privileges.

Well we wont be losing ours id be tempted to post my fashion attack but dont want to get into trouble in the morning.

1 Like

Still gotta watch House of the Dragon episode 2. I see Matt Smith and think “put some clothes on Dr. Who…”
I also think “Glad to see you are wearing your covenants armor and you are from Revendreth.”

1 Like

Both him and david tennant need more chaotic characters.

Gonna go out and get some chicken tenders, and make a batch of home made fried chicken, with mashed potatoes and also gonna try my hand at making collard greens.

This is the recipe I am gonna try using…

Southern Collard Greens

Collard Greens Wash Solution

• 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons salt

Southern Collard Greens

• 2 bunches fresh collard greens, (see note)
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • ½ cup finely diced onions
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 4-5 cups chicken broth, (can replace 1 cup with water if desired)
  • 1 fully-cooked smoked turkey leg or wing, (about 13 oz)
  • 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
  • Applewood smoked salt & black pepper, to season

Instructions

Prep The Collard Greens

1. Prepare the collard greens bath by filling your kitchen sink with cool water and adding vinegar and salt.
  2. Remove the collard greens from the steams by folding them in half lengthwise and pulling the leaf away from the stem. (discard the stem or see note below on how to cook them)
  3. Place the collard greens into the prepared water bath and swish them around several times, scrubbing them to help loosen up any dirt.
  4. Let the collard greens soak for 15-20 minutes, giving them a scrub midway. Drain the water and refill with plain water and allow the greens to soak again if needed. Repeat as many times as needed until the water is free from any dirt or grit. After the final soak, drain the water. Next, rinse and scrub each leaf front and back with cool water to ensure they are squeaky clean.
  5. Tear the greens into bite-sized pieces and set them aside.

Cook The Greens

1. In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add onions and saute until tender.
  2. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is fragrant.
  3. Pour in the broth and add the turkey leg. Bring to a boil.
  4. Add collard greens and reduce heat to a simmer.
  5. Cover and cook collard for 1 hour (or longer depending on your desired tenderness), stirring regularly.
  6. Once done, stir and then taste the broth and the greens. (add a little water if the broth is too bold for your liking)
  7. Stir in vinegar and smoked salt, and black pepper if desired.
  8. Serve collard greens with pieces of the smoked turkey leg and hot sauce if desired.
1 Like

A tip for you, if they’re a little on the tougher side? I know it may sound odd but just add a pinch of baking soda to your pot while they’re cooking down. It helps to make them nice and tender. I always do it regardless, but it’s one of those little tricks handed down. And if you’re not using the turkey, a few slices of raw bacon chopped up a bit (or if you’re really going for southern, some fat back, or a bone/remnants of a ham - we always save from the leftover spiral hams), and apple cider vinegar instead of the white.

Now I’m getting very very hungry!

They really needed to include calming treats with this Thundershirt for Nero. Glad I got it on him before the storms hit later.

But even in his relaxed state, it was not an easy task to get it on him while he is flailing around. Needed him standing and all he wants to do is sit or roll on floor. Not easy to get all these velcro straps properly attached on a spastic lab.

Just hoping this keeps him calm during storms. He is terrified of thunder. Hopefully it helps and we can cut back on anxiety meds.

He doesn’t seem too impressed though.

Update: So far he does seem calmer with it on and the thunder booming outside. Here’s hoping it continues to calm him.

Side note: Electrician finished last part of installing our generator today. So no more power outages! So happy about getting it ahead of the peak of hurricane :cyclone: season. Of course, still hoping none form. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

The Thanksgiving dinner in August came out wonderful. Today is leftovers. I was lucky the power didn’t go out. A lot of people around here are without. We do have to boil our water again because some pump stations lost pressure from outages.

We had a line of storms come through with straight line winds. The top was 74 mph, we had just 64. When it came over our front door popped open from the pressure change. Spooky. :grimacing: The power is still out for a ton of people.

On the bright side there isn’t a need for air conditioners. The day feels perfect. Sunny, breezy and dry.

I would offer you all some turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing and mixed veggies but my monitor won’t let me shove it through the screen. I need a better one. :grin:

5 Likes

Yeah, that is a bit on the windy side.

Think that would freak me out a little, not to mention the animals.

Hopefully power will be restored to the others soon.

Now you making me really hungry. Don’t have turkey, but I do have two cornish game hens. Hmm.

Would just need to thaw them real quick.

3 Likes

Whelp I done did a thing on my way home. I went and got my ears pierced with 12 gage hoops.

2 Likes

Those eyes!

My mom found, at the local Farmer’s Market, someone who sells homemade dog treats and other stuff. She got a bottle of “Calming Spray,” which includes lavender essential oil (as well as a couple other ingredients). Onyx gets one spray under her chin and is usually calmed down right away, and if it isn’t too much excitement, she’s asleep in five minutes.

3 Likes

Hope you don’t have a metal allergy. :grin: I do. I can’t leave my earrings in more than a day or two.

1 Like

I in fact, do not. I used to have a few in my left ear many moons ago before i ever met the baby mama. I wamted something different this time

Quite happy with the end result.

2 Likes

This is soooo weird. I’m hearing the Shadowlands Music score playing from my speakers, or choir music playing, it’s very faint to almost inaudible. The only thing running from Blizzard is my launcher.

I muted my speakers and it goes away. weird…