[CS Lounge] I think Stormy has started to move

Years ago when I worked a job that ran 24/7 (for “production” staff not for the white color workers) it was axiomatic that if you had to leave a note for an office worker, first step was look for the sweater (jumper to a Brit speaker) on the chair if it was a female worker, the lack thereof for a male. The comfort ranges do overlap, but women, generally, prefer a higher temperature than men.

That said, anyone doomed to a work-station under the air conditioning vent vs those who’s work station was remote from same, have and had a legitimate beef with the higherups who required the minimal “savings” to be shown by reducing the duct work to override the common sense loss of productivity.

Plus, business wear for men tends to involve several more layers than for women.

2 Likes

Heckin monkey suits

6 Likes

I’ve worn a suit or tux once in my life. It was for my wedding. My outdoor wedding. In July.

My best man also had to wear one. It’s been almost 3 years, so I probably have another 3 to go before he forgives me.

(Actually, while warm, it wasn’t that bad since it was in the morning and there was a nice breeze.)

1 Like

65⁰F comfy

With a FEZ

4 Likes

Anyway, on the suit talk, I detest suits. Had to wear them for a good while. I don’t know who came up with the concept of ties, but to you I say good day. They are so not comfortable and make me really hot lol.

1 Like

I’m imagining your avatar in a suit now. Sounds uncomfortable, but intimidating and classy.

Speaking of uncomfortable, I have a second face mask now. It’s got a cool subtle pattern of a raven on it, so I can be safe and look neat.

3 Likes

What can I say, I’m a classy kind o…oh shiny

1 Like

Is summer over yet?

1 Like

Yes, yes it is. Just ask Kitten, she will tell you so

5 Likes

So, for my work classes, there are some online classes I am supposed to take. HR emailed the person that has to put them in multiple times a week. It took them two weeks to load them, and then they responded…It is done. That was it.

I think they were mad, because they loaded more than the 16 hours of online classes I also have to complete. They loaded the entire new hire classlist in there. About 60 hours of classes. But I will complete them. HR said they will fix it, but hey they are here, so why not. So I am sitting watching Vox Machina with the class muted on the other screen and just hitting next when the slide is done until I can take the test.

They uploaded episode 100 of campaign 2 today, so after I finish this episode, I gots to know what has been happening.

1 Like

Just be thankful that men having to wear a hat when outside is no longer socially required.

2 Likes

There was actually a riot once over hats and which one was acceptable to wear in season. Look up the Straw Hat Riots…

2 Likes

Times change, used to always wear a suit for church, funerals, graduations, and philharmonic concerts (rented tux or dinner jacket when in a wedding party).

I always owned one but, I never worked anywhere where I wore a suit (if you don’t count military dress greens). So, although you’re correct about the clothing in places where men where suits nobody wore them where I worked and even so most women had a sweater and none of the men did.

In an environment where “business attire” is required the problem must be even worse.

https://imgur.com/MT0oTLN

3 Likes

Yup! We’ve had frost the last few mornings.

Yay early birthday gifts got a new deadpool wallet FF7 installing now 46 min. Now if the blizzard gods are lying i know it doesnt work this way lol id love alpha/beta acess i got BFA alpha lol fingers crossed before beta ends.

3 Likes

Good. Can we have that back now?

2 Likes

Happy 37 not death day gona sit back and enjoy not much else celebrated last nite and its raining all day.

4 Likes

Happy birthday bud.

2 Likes