[CS Lounge] Holidays!

Morrrrrrning folks! Hope you all had excellent weekends :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is our 7 year anniversary today. We are goj g to curl up with some Chinese food and watch Captain Marvel.

3 Likes

Got my new SteelSeries M750 keyboard. Trying to get used to the form factor.

Sure is pretty, though. Bonus: I no longer need a lamp to see the keys, so I can play in the dark again. :grinning:

3 Likes

Kinda snack-ish right now…don’t want anything heavy.

1 Like

ugh…

Need to clean kitchen after yesterdays festival.

1 Like

Gonna buy a bunch of storage tub this weekend and pack stuff away to de-cluttered my place. Then I need to find a cheap storage unit to pack this stuff up at.

I can already see one bin fill with 30 years of gaming CD roms.

1 Like

Hmm, my apologies if my previous post was out of line.

Nah, not out of line… just a bit premature :laughing: You should be fine now!

1 Like

Ahh, thank you for the clarification.

I didn’t see the unlisted part (well, the timer for it posting to the PTR Gen. Disc. forum) until after I had linked it here. It had showed up on my feed soon as it was posted.

That being said, still very hyped for the updates / changes in next patch.

There is no such thing as a cheap storage place. Also if you get one, you start to accumulate more stuff! It just keeps on growing.

3 Likes

Bleh… Was about to make myself a salad before getting ready for work, then remembered one of my drivers broke a wire shelf last night and I need to go to the hardware store to get the bits required to put it back on the wall, and hopefully make it more idiot-proof.

I guess my leisurely afternoon is a hectic one, now. :weary:
On the upside, it’s my Friday, and I have a three-day ‘weekend’.

2 Likes

They just get better idiots.

2 Likes

Left my wife at the car dealership to take my son to an appointment. She found a car she really liked and is more optimistic about financing than I am.

We shall see what happens. We have been approved through one bank, however they want over 1k more down than we were prepared to put down. We have it but it will kill us.

In this state tax, title, etc is not financed I to the sale. We pay that ourselves at the tag egency. That is what the money is set aside for.

15 days until staycation.

I’m not going to make it.

1 Like

On a random storytelling note regarding this… I’m an airforce brat, and my dad ran the airfield at Zweibrücken DE in the late 80’s, before the wall fell.

One year we had Excalibur, a joint exercise between the US and its Allies, where they ran touch and goes on the runway. My sister and I were apparently not considered security risks, as we were allowed full run of the entire field (where safely allowed). One day, there was a French pilot who came in, and I admit I was incredibly smitten. He let me sit in the cockpit of his jet, and gave me a pin from his squadron.

I wanted so badly to be a jet pilot… but apparently there are regulations about mostly blind people flying jets, so… :frowning:

Still, one of my best experiences overseas. The unexploded ordinance incident was NOT one of the best experiences! But… interesting.

3 Likes

Gnomes still breed like rabbits. The four of you know this well.

Just want to double-down on this. Many seemingly cheap storage places are starter rates, and only stay cheap if you have a realistic and achievable goal to eliminate needing that storage space. Otherwise, you’ll want to budget the monthly payment just like you do rent, and account for the expiration of the starter rate as well as the clockwork rental increases.

Experience - a storage unit that started at US$149 monthly ultimately was billing me over US$300 monthly three years later. I had to question paying that to store things that I could replace outright for less than I’d paid in those three years. Some things I could replace with one month of payment.

2 Likes

Whelp, looks like we may have just found a way to make this happen. Much to my very great dislike I might add. But I think my wife is purchasing a car tonight.

3 Likes

neat, kinda sorted my freezer and discovered I have enough chicken thighs and breast to last me a month. AND I’m sitting on 25 cans of Coconut milk. Thai curry for a while. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love cooking with thighs. So much flavor

3 Likes