[CS Lounge] Happy Thoughts

Yeah been thinking of getting something together with some guildies…probably not Dresden, but there are ways to play D and D online.

My tastes in science fiction are somewhat eclectic, A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller’s only novel, is still my favorite all time story in that genre but I enjoyed the Wheel of Time series and the Ice and Fire series. I also like authors like Ann Leckie, Philip K. Dick, Ursula K. Le Guin, and Douglas Adams. I recently finished the latest book in James S. A. CoreyExpanse series. I’ve read The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion five times each over the years and enjoy that sort of fantasy.

I tend to alternate science fiction or fantasy with history reading; currently reading a biography of Winston Churchill by Andrew Roberts.

I don’t watch television any more these days although I was getting Dr Who as they became available on CD, I’m behind two seasons now but intend to catch up eventually.

1 Like

I forgot Tolkien. I hang my head in shame.

I’ve only read the Silmarillion once. I loved Children of Hurin (depressing though), but haven’t been able to get through Beren and Luthien yet.

If you are I am too; I just don’t allow time to watch it due to real life things taking too much of my time but I could possibly see myself getting into it but if I did I would have to commit myself to each episode; I usually watch a lot of reruns and if I like it I set the dvr to record and catch them then. The last series I got into was “Sons Of Anarchy” a few years back.

1 Like

Well I had already went to the main manager about the discrimination my wife is having to endure at her new place of employment and tonight I had to go talk directly to the assistant manager and another employee because it’s still going on; I told the assistant manager tonight along with the offender that if it didn’t cease that I wasn’t going to go to the store manager next time that I will be going directly to corporate with it and hand them the recordings; When I pulled out the two were talking with their cars side by side so we’ll see how it pans out; I’m just upset that the store manager didn’t do squat to get the problem rectified when I brought it to his attention.

5 Likes

Good luck with that! Your professionalism and dedication to justice about her treatment is inspiring.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning:

Best wishes to you, your guild, and your friend’s family.

Man Dumble that sucks. I truly hope that tonights actions rectifies the situation for you.

Well since our raids are on hold, I decided to pug a few keys. Not my keys, so I didn’t care if I got it done on time or not. Just to get a 10 in. Target was one of the two I needed for my Keystone Conqueror Feat of Strength.

Got a boss group and we 2 chested our 10 in Waycrest Manor. Got a bnet invite from one of them. Another had a Temple Key. What do you know? The other one I needed. We either 1 or 2 chested that one. It was a 3 second difference either way. Just not sure which side it was…think 1. But I got my Feat of Strength and I am happy.

All in all a productive night.

4 Likes

I haven’t watched GoT either >.> I don’t plan on too either. However I do own wheel of time, and honestly no matter how hard I try I get lost and can’t even think of what’s going on with what I’m reading >.>

2 Likes

hides Miss Moo
pokes Kittin

Well? How was it?

1 Like

Go see it. As soon as you can. No spoilers, but go.

3 Likes

So, better than you expected?

I’m not sure. I deliberately didn’t watch any of the trailers, so I went in completely open to anything happening.

Did you enjoy it more than the last film?

Are any of you Warhammer 40k fans?

1 Like

I like the “universe” they’ve built but I don’t play the table-top.

I’m a wargamer, but not necessarily 40k, I have some, Orks and Khorne Bezerkers.

Hope you are all having a good night. Finally reached Azerite Power Level 50 for my Heart of Azeroth neck piece tonight. Now I got to wait till 8.2 is out to resume getting Azerite Power. Feels nice to be capped for now at the moment. :smiley:

5 Likes

I think I’m still around 25 something on TT here. I have been unsubscribed for a little while to recharge.

My ex-wife did it exactly opposite… If there was a new series she was interested in, she’d DVR the entire season. If the show was canceled, she deleted it; she wouldn’t commit to anything less than a full season.

Sometimes I miss that woman. The feeling usually passes pretty quickly these days. :joy:

3 Likes