[CS Lounge] Happy Thoughts

/hungry
Who’s up first?

SAME, here is another.

1 Like

Bleh… Decided to be a grown-up and not ask my dad for a loan to get the car fixed. Did some research, and ended up getting a personal loan to cover the car repair and pay off my credit cards. Monthly payments will be lower, credit score will go up, and best of all, I won’t feel like a worthless freeloader when Dad forgives the loan as birthday or Xmas gift. Because he would.

Funds were deposited overnight, called my mechanic as soon as they opened to tell him the car was on its way, whenever they can fit it into the schedule is just fine.

Stress levels are nearing normal. Now, if I can just get some people hired and trained, I can go back to two days off a week instead of one a month. :tired_face:

8 Likes

First off let me apologize for being so late replying; I’ve been in the bed for the last 3 days with body aches and pains again; I truly believe all of this I’m experiencing is due to an overload of stress, Everything came back ok from the doctor so far, He has ruled out all the obvious things that could be causing my symptoms, Bed rest seems to be the only thing that helps.

You’re absolutely right Mastadôn there was no excuse for it and the manager agreed with us as well and he also said this isn’t the first time he has ran into problems with this employee. He assured me that he would put her down (What he meant by that idk) I do know from the expression on his face that he was pissed that this employee had crossed the line again.

Mastadôn, I believe you to be a good man as well and if it weren’t for good men like you and I that stood up for our loved ones then the managers wouldn’t do anything; Thank God there are men like you and I to stand up for our rights; I know of others within the CS lounge that would stand up for their families too and I applaud you all for this.

I’m still driving my wife back and forth to work and also walked her to her work station the first day she was due back, I got many smiles from some of the employees but I could tell the ones that were prejudice because they couldn’t/wouldn’t look me in the eye at all, I think there may be some problems that still need to be addressed, So I will continue to drive her until I’m sure this has all blown over; It’s just sad that these problems still exist in the southern states here; I remember in the late 1960’s to early 1970’s there was an uprising and the National Guard was called in and would carry my Mother back and forth to work, These things are still embedded in some peoples minds. Google: “The Wilmington 10” and read about it for yourself, It was bad living conditions back in those days, I remember carrying baseball bats and knives to school to protect ourselves; It was terrible.

Mastadôn, I Thank God there are people like you and I that will stand up for what is right, No matter what Color, Race, Religion we may be we are all created equal in God’s eyes.

You too are good people Mastadôn!:beers: Cheers!

5 Likes

What a long weekend I’ve had! Been taking time to chill out and have fun. But happy late birthday, Myrandriel!! :cake:

Why did it take me so long to get into D&D? Maybe I’m glad it did, because the 5e rules are pretty sweet and perfect for getting in the roleplay without getting you too embroiled in mechanics. I’ve been testing it out with a zero-session (I think that’s what it’s called) and I’ve made a character sheet for… unsurprisingly… a tiefling paladin.

Apart from that, the weather’s been… fun! With all that wind and thunder going around. My cat, Reina, was deathly terrified of the thunder and tried to climb in my bed.

4 Likes

My favorite D and D story ever.

Unknown to either of us when we made our characters (my best friend would always sit with us one on one and watch the roles as we made the characters so it would be a true surprise when we got thrown into a party together at the start. You can imagine sometimes it worked really well. Sometimes it was a horrid combination.)

Anyway, my friend made a paladin, and I wound up making a priest of the same religion.

So he wanted to play his paladin properly but one time I caught him doing something “morally grey”

As a penance I forbid him to use any of his holy powers for I think it was a week? That was a long time in our game world. Every time I heard him hem and haw I would remind him of his commitment to god and the light, and add something else to the punishment. To the point he got geared up in all his armor, told me off, and jumped off the ship in the middle of the ocean.

My friend said I made him playing that character so miserable for him he was not having any fun at all. I took that as the greatest compliment he had ever given me haha.

4 Likes

Hahahahaha! Now THAT is a penance! A true paladin would take it with shame and penitence. Though your friend could have gone the oathbreaker route?

Absolutely a commitment to the character, though. I love it.

3 Likes

I have never played D&D. My brother, who is several years older than me, used to play but quit a few years before I was considered old enough to play. I would really liked to have played just once with him.

We used to watch the cartoon in the mornings together and eat Pop-Tarts. I still have fond memories of that.

2 Likes

Man, Aryalanthu. Memories. Such great memories. I LOVED this cartoon

And there was also this. I loved this one as well.

6 Likes

I always loved watching “The Littles”.

6 Likes

Drove to Waco with a friend of mine today. Hit the Game Store circuit. Came aways with stuff I wanted. To end the day…Tacos!

5 Likes

W00t! Just found the original series of “Dark Shadows” on Prime. Time to binge!!

2 Likes

I had a Rubik’s Cube (and a couple other similar puzzle toys), but I had no idea they’d made a cartoon. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: LOL WHAT?!

Then again, the one part of pop culture for my generation I’m really iffy on is TV. Growing up was a roller-coaster of TV, then only watching cartoons Saturday morning and Disney movie on Sunday evening, then “it’s the Devil’s eyeball” so no TV, then moving out. I do remember plenty of the Looney Tunes and Hanna Barbera cartoons, but I think more than a few were decade-old reruns.

1 Like

Head? Meet desk.

It’s been a long week.

3 Likes

I noticed tonight that a couple of posts that I’ve flagged are having their flagging almost immediately ‘dropped’. As in, it no longer says “You’ve flagged this post as…”.

Anyone else noticing this? It’s letting me re-flag, but I’m not too sure if it’s actually going through.

/pours a fresh pot of coffee for the lounge

I noticed that a few times. Seems like some updates were recently done on the forums, so maybe the updates are messing with stuff?

Thanks, I needed that! As much as I enjoy helping people, there’s only so much “I’m right, you’re wrong” I can take.

I’ve been playing through SOMA again, so I think I’ll go enjoy the oceans for a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finished up the rest of my wargaming terrain tonight, and sorted my paints (There’s an “i” in there :grin:").

I still read it as pants, even with the emphasis. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just went to double check, but a couple I dropped early on in a thread are still there.

On a side note, I do believe you may have given away your Twitter handle. :wink: