[CS Lounge] Happy holidays

I’d argue the old decade started Jan 1st, 2010 since we count years starting with 00 (1900, 2000). Since Jan 1st, 2010 we’ve had 10 years (almost). So the new decade would begin on Jan 1st, 2020.

I haven’t looked for any sort of official policy that determines how our calendars consider decades though.

4 Likes

Id argue that your all imaginary people living in my mind and im all alone becuase its the apocalypse and im the only survivor.

3 Likes

Neither do I. I was so focused on a career I didn’t even like it almost cost me my family. I am a much wiser career focused kind of dude now.

2 Likes

Rene DeCarte would claim we are all mad geniuses in charge of your very actions and that you don’t actually exist…

BUT

You think, therefore you are.

My modern philosophy class at play. Modern being i think starting around 1542 lol.

Wrote an entire final essay on the symbolism in the Matrix scene where Neo is freed from the Matrix and “elevated I tk the light”.

Nailed that bad boy too.

2 Likes

In the timeline, point 0 is not a year but the switching from 1 BCE to 1CE, so that year 10, or the end of the first decade, is 10 CE.

1 Like

Yeah, but intuitively it makes more sense to count it from when the 10s digit changes.

Besides, it’s not like there was ever a year 1. We didn’t switch to CE until the 400s or so.

1 Like

So, I did some reading! And I get your perspective from modified Julian calendar. But popular culture would use a simplified 00-09 instead.

So - TIL: yea maybe technically :slight_smile: But I’m fine with being popular :sunglasses: (especially since I already made my post and I don’t feel like changing it! :stuck_out_tongue: )

5 Likes

As long as we all agree that this is a Millennium:

11 Likes

I have lived in 2 millenniums, 2 centuries, and 6 decades entering my seventh. ( No I’m not in my 60’s)

Let’s all never forget Tomten is older than me.

6 Likes

Same, except I’m moving into the 5th decade that I’ve lived in.

I’m in my 30s, so that’s a bit weird to me. :rofl:

2 Likes

You young kids.

I’m now entering my eighth decade.

6 Likes

My numbers are the same as yours, but the way you said it makes me feel all old and creaky. Could be the cold damp weather for the creaky though.

I’m hoping the weather stays cold enough for me to be able to make some ice globes for outside. They look so cool with lights inside.

3 Likes

WTH is a aluminum falcoln.

4 Likes

That’s Carmine Falcone’s robot son.
(>.>)
(<.<)

5 Likes

We are not interacting with each other, directly. Even when in person. We each exist in our own realities and are only perceiving echoes of each other. Because of this, we are not accurately observing the exact same things. Our descriptions that we pass on to each other will change to match the other observer(s) reality.
I see red where you see blue but I hear red when you tell me the truth, even though you saw blue.

2 Likes

Actualy i was referencing robot chicken aluminum falcon id link the video but theres a fair bit of masked profanity dont want to lose any goodwill.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got that. I was referencing a Batman character. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well i figured since centuars are as old as castiel before his nerd upgrade it mite be before your time ;)p

So Dr is very happy with the healing. He thought he would have to do a different treatment after last week, one I would not enjoy. And then add another cream to the mix. But it healed better than he expected over the last week sk we dancin with who brung us on this one.

But he still could not give me an answer as to when I could return to regular duty. He still does not even want me walking at work right now.

So there is that as well.

6 Likes

Happy Austerlitz Day!

Vive L’Empereur !

4 Likes