Cryptocurrency Payments

Has Blizzard thought about adopting cryptocurrency for subscriptions and in-game purchases? I truly believe decentralized finance (DeFi) has a place in the future and would love to be able to pay for my WoW subscription and all in-game purchases with a crypto wallet. I have been playing WoW since Dec 2006 and would love nothing more than to see Blizzard lead this charge and be the first major gaming platform to make this leap.

If not all-in, maybe, for WoW, make a new legendary, or cool (like meta) armor set, that is only available through Crypto. It has to be good; if it is a lame shimmer to a weapon, that will not draw the large numbers; make it really desirable.

Absolutely not.

9 Likes

So…what happens when the price for that coin crashes and they can’t afford to keep their workers paid?

1 Like

they already let you pay with fake money

10 Likes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/55777165.jpg

Isn’t Blizzard Balance already a crypto wallet?

Fake money with value that is directly tied to a national currency.

Which actually makes it more reliable than crypto at this point

Yes…there is one country that accepts Bitcoin as a national currency. But that country’s currency was in really bad shape

1 Like

Crypto is a hustle

3 Likes

oh which national currency is the value tied to?

Crypto is just anarchist currency.

why did you delete that I was just responding to it?

in any case, people who are big into crypto currency almost always have to advertise it to convince others to use it. That smells con to me. If you have to sell others to keep value up there is a fundamental problem.

2 Likes

Well, in the United States it has a set value of $20 and $15 US depending who is selling it

Are you pretending to not understand how tokens work to try to support your dishonest argument…

Or can you really not figure this out on your own?

Better yet, they should just create their own blockchain tokens. If people will buy billions in Shina Ibu then they will buy anything. They could use the money for development and give us a better game.

I read Eradinis’ comment incorrectly. He/She is correct. To understand Crypto, you first need to understand blockchain. Once you have a good understanding of blockchain, you will quickly see why it is far superior to your bank or here in the US, the Federal Reserve. Gazillionaires cannot do things “off-the-books”… EVERY single crypto transaction is recorded in the block and the proof-of-work and proof-of-stake verifications ensure that tens of thousands of nodes verify transactions…just read-up on it. You will be amazed.

I know how tokens work. I thought you were talking about crypto being tied to national currency.

1 Like

If it is transactional records you’re worried about, Blizzard already keeps that. It’s why you can go back 10 years and restore a piece of mud you sold for 10c. Also why they can refund your purchases with real money.

You can very easily do below the belt things with crypto, all Blockchain does is verify wallets, if no one has a name tied to the wallet it can do whatever it wants really.

1 Like

This actually isn’t a bad idea. Considering the average age of gamers, it would be close to the same age for those getting into the crypto market.

The problem with crypto has nothing to do with its authentication

It has to do with the lack of a governing body that attempts to regulate and guarantee its value

Crypto currency values are very fluid and occasionally crash…but because of thier lack of government backing it always leads to a straight loss

1 Like

That is not correct. All crypto is bought and sold on a Network. Shiba Inu, for example, is bought and sold on the ECR20 (Ethereum) network and those transactions are verified. Bitcoin in verified on the BTC network. The only thing a wallet does is store your private keys that then give you access to your crypto. EVERY transaction is recorded in the block.