Crushing Blows?

Since TBC classic will be on the 2.3 patch, will crushing blows be in at launch or if it will just be absent?

1 Like

Crushing blows will be present for all of BC. They also were present for all of BC back in the day.

I don’t know why you specified patch 2.3. that has nothing to do with crushing blows.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for the info. I thought it went away with Sunwell Plateu

Crushing blows, and by extension the need to be defense capped, lasted until the Cata pre-patch, when defense rating went away and all tanks became uncrushable/uncrittable by nature of being a tank.

2 Likes

That was a sad day.

It was the day where the difference between a good tank and an amazing tank got blurred. The day when they dumbed down tanking to basically a dps that pushes cooldowns at a different time than dps instead of a tank that can manage that balance of minimizing (or offsetting) damage while maximizing threat output.

Wow lost a lot that day. I remember running my CTC macro before every boss fight… also kind of why furyprot, while fun… bothered me.

2 Likes

Some bosses, like Brutallus, they designed not to have crushing blows because they hit fuggin hard as it is. But generally speaking crushing blows are still a thing for the whole of TBC.

Sunwell Plateau mobs were designed to not crush. That wasn’t a game-wide change, just an instance-wide change. Every other instance did crushing blows like normal.

Defense only directly negated crit chance, not crushing chance. Blizzard changed the combat table in 4.0 such that crushing blows started occurring when mobs were 4 levels above you, instead of just 3 levels above you. Since raids cap out at 3 levels above you, this removed crushing blows from raids.

Basically, crushing blows were removed for all attacks against any player, and crits were removed for all attacks against tank-specced players.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.