Crucible of Storms as Demon Hunter

I can’t express how disappointing it is to play a class that simply cannot make use of loot in a new raid with these “awesome” new trinkets because stat weights are so hard to balance.

Why do these trinkets have a mastery proc? Why not have some kind of proc that all classes can use? Why not make the proc random? Or your highest stat? Or have some kind of tradeoff for people playing a class that Blizzard fired all the devs that balanced mastery for?

I don’t even care too much about loot, but when I cannot use a single piece of gear from a raid on release, regardless of how many bosses it has, unless it Titanforges to 500+ilvl (which it obviously can’t), there is a problem. The fact that this can even go through the design phase, testing phase, and be released is pathetic.

Welcome to my wondering why boomkins get mastery pants and locks get…crit?

Mastery IS a proc that all classes can use.
Getting stats equalised more is the kind of feedback you may want to provide on the PTR, or In Development forums, because as long as it exists, Blizzard will keep itemising it.

4 Likes

Mastery substantially increases the damage of fel barrage and eye beam.

1 Like

All the loot in Crucible is designed for healers and tanks. It’s not really a big deal it’s only a 2 boss raid.

I don’t think you understand how terrible certain stats are for certain classes. DH stat weights = Class=DemonHunter, Spec=Havoc, Agility=2.31, CritRating=2.57, HasteRating=2.44, MasteryRating=1.32, Versatility=2.48, Dps=10.76, OffHandDps=2.39 )

1 Like

This is an issue with the spec then, not with the loot. If mastery is so low for demon hunters then they just need to buff it (like they did with mastery for Balance druids which was equally bad for us previous the buff in Uldir).

1 Like

Lol, right. I bet this is the same hardcore logic Blizzard uses in their dev meetings. First off, fel barrage is a niche talent only used in rare scenarios. Eyebeam is like 5th or 6th most dmging ability, about 9-10% of damage.

I have 500 mastery now, which gives 8% increased chaos damage! So, this trinket gives like 10% of 10% = 1% increased damage every 2 mins? Seems great!

I think you are missing the point. Mastery for DH and other stats for other specs have been unbalanced garbage since Legion and do not get changed outside of some major patch. Knowing this, why make an item like this, instead of an item that works beyond secondary stats? If it gave STR or AGI, none of this would be an issue.

Is it harder to re-balance a class or to change 1 line of code on an item you are already making?

All the loot blows in this raid.

3 Likes

They don’t know. They explicitly said that rather than letting people get more choice on secondaries, they’d like to balance them better. They just can’t do the balancing if they don’t know about the unbalancing.

Hate to break it to you but blizzard doesn’t crunch numbers and loot and distributions like that anymore,
You should look up resto shaman gear options in the entire expansion so far, there is pretty much one good piece of mail bis stated weight gear per shaman, and they have to somehow find them all across the many loot sources.

That’s objectively false.

Pretty obviously because DHs are not the only class in the game, and they don’t design loot with any particular class in mind.

Like I said, if mastery is such a bad stat for DH, then the correct solution is to buff mastery so that it’s closer to other stats. They can’t just stop making gear with mastery on it because it’s a bad stat for 1 class.

1 Like

We gave this feedback about mastery immediately after this loot hit the ptr and it still went live…with ZERO response to feedback.

~60%-80% of the loot is awful for each dh spec even if you got it at 425.

Now, other classes might be in similar situations but it shouldn’t be this lopsided.

It’s not about designing the game around a class or designing loot around a spec. The point is that there is such a simple way to work around all issues like this by making the trinkets use primary stats. Agi/Str are still better for some than others, but not to the point of being useless.

Also, the point about the correct decision being to buff DH mastery is fine, but if you know anything about Blizzard and you don’t seem to understand much about how they do things, there is a 0% chance that they would buff a stat in the middle of an xpac like this, unless a class is too OP or useless all-together (which is not the case here). So, an approach like that has no merit whatsoever. It will not happen, so it is not an option.

You keep insisting that Blizz doesn’t know X stats are bad, but there is also 0% chance that they don’t know. They “reworked” mastery for DH in Legion at some point and it has been complete trash since then. People complained then and at every point since then. This is not some "Oops, we just didn’t know this stat was bad " thing. They obviously know and yet they still ignorantly implement garbage like this into the game.

This simply isn’t true, they did exactly that for Boomkin mastery in patch 8.1. They doubled the effect mastery had on Starsurge and Lunar/Solar empowerments, which turned mastery from our worst stat by a fair way into our 2nd best secondary stat.

8.1 Patch Notes

Feral also had it’s mastery improved in the same patch. So Blizzard do actually buff stats in the middle of xpacs.

It’s completely unrealistic to beg Blizzard to stop putting any particular secondary on gear because it’s bad for a certain class. All you do is ask them to make the stats more equal.

LOL Stat weights in 2019…

Sim the trinket. According to the bloodmallet is roughly equivalent to a plumage. Maybe just you are ignorant?

1 Like

Except the DPS trink from the last boss is BIS for around 3/4 of all dps spec.

Yeah I mean it’s 6th on our list at max level, would be 3rd at ilvl 400. That said none of the gear is really that impressive out of the new raid for DH’s, side grades for most folks, I think based on some of Ion’s interviews though though that isn’t exactly what they wanted, so it’s fair to be dissatisfied with it, and this isn’t just a DH issue, many classes/spec’s feel that way about the loot.

[Stormglide Steps] ilvl 410
101 Versatility
Proc that has a max of 220 crit at 10 stacks

I have a pair of ilvl 405 boots with roughly 200 secondary stats. So these boots at the same ilvl provide 100 more secondary stats. Though you have to wait until 10 stacks, the break even will be between 4-5 stacks, and damage will reset it back to zero from what I can tell, with the amount of splash damage these will be about useless.