Crucible gear nerfed

Within 1 week it got nerfed boys. AYE that was faster then I thought. Good on blizz
Player versus Player

• Abyssal Speaker Gauntlets’s shield absorption effect is reduced by 66% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Trident of Deep Oceans’s shield absorption effect is reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
19 Likes

Do you guys think, it a sufficient nerf? But, of course, thank you Blizzard, for taking the appropriate action!

1 Like

Looks like the plethora of complaint threads is working! KEEP. POSTING.

3 Likes

Does nerfing it instead of disabling it even matter though? It’s not like you lose out on anything by using them in the first place, and they’ll still be BiS for PvP even if they’re not healing for the absurd amounts they were.

9 Likes

Not enough, prism is still insane with -50% too.

Random HPS defensives > in a PvE arena based expansion where games are decided on mana.

I think prism would still be better than battlemaster/safeguard even at -85%.

Also trinket not nerfed and only plate nerfs. Even though plate was the most OP, the others need it too.

2 Likes

Should be disabled, not just reduced. PvE gear doing any sort of heal or absorb is dumb.

7 Likes

i agree but I dont think gamebreaking gear from pve thats only good in pvp should even exist. Makes 0 sense. Like I don’t want of the gear in crucible for PVE

2 Likes

It’s only 2 pieces though. The trinket still exists.

trinkets op too. Those 2 plate pieces the most broken pieces. I’m saying its a start. Personally i think they shuold be disabled in pvp too

50% isn’t enough. Not even close. I mean nerf it by, at least, 75%… or even better: disable it on instanced pvp.

This reminds me of the time I got a hernia in the middle of high school science class.

Press 2 if you wish to hear more.

4 Likes

Obviously needing to rely on PvE items for PvP is terrible design, but it’s really bad that they nerfed only Plate classes, (and I guess Feral and Survival?), as Plate classes aren’t really overpreforming, overall, and sort of needed the items to be competetive. Of course DKs are doing great, but Warriors and Rets aren’t doing nearly as good, by comparison.

It’s still a caster meta, and their items have remained completely unnerfed.

they still provide an unfair advantage against those without, however not as much…

still OP no matter how u look at it.

if some1 can just equip a single piece of gear and automatically gain 5% more total effectiveness thats what we call UNFAIR ADVANTAGE

Trinkets were always ridiculous when allowed,
in bc you pretty much had to have that one SSC trinket that was like on use critical strike for meele dps or whatever, or healers had to have the magisters terrace vial that was like a 5k heal when bottled up.
wod had a bunch of ridiculous trinkets.
I think trinkets are good in the game, but just delete all these absorb ones.

trident trinket/s gloves belt and legs

not even in the same universe as enough of a nerf

Huh? Only ret is mediocre on plate classes. But trident/gloves/diamond makes warriors unkillable.

All PvE defensive trinkets/gear should be disabled in arena or nerfed 80%. The only thing that should exist is maybe the PvE healer trinkets at reduced effectiveness. But making sure casters can’t use them either.

Also giving PvP trinkets a 10% damage bonus for equipping two of them would be great.

2 Likes

15 or 20% honestly

if they refuse to nerf the pve gear
PLEASE make pvp trinkets appealing

1 Like

The body is clear. This is a complete sentence.

1 Like

Wait,

they didn’t even nerf void stone?

This is pretty confusing. Why would they not nerf all of the stuff that needs it? They must really want to their PvE babies to have “fun” (i.e. abuse broken PvE items) in PvP.

I can clearly visualize Ion explaining this in a Q & A: “Well we want these items to feel special, and for the player to be excited they got them. Where absolutely needed we try to tone some effects down, but we still want players to be excited to go out and try that new piece of gear they got in PvP.”