Crucible Gear in PvP

Any chance they preemptively nerf this stuff in PvP? :joy::joy::joy:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/tuning-crucible-of-storms-drops/129841

3 Likes

What are these? I didnā€™t read anything about the crucible

The people complaining about secondaries when you can get a flat 25% damage/healing increase from a pair of pants are making me laugh, but my guess is that the effects will be either disabled in PvP or reduced by half or something.

It kind of reminds me of the weapons that dropped off Kael in tbc, and my guess is that theyā€™ll be necessary in some way to complete the raid tier. I just canā€™t see them being as described in the tooltip in PvP, but everytime I give blizzard the benefit of the doubt Iā€™m let down, so who knows

Exactamundo.

1 Like

This gear is stupid lol. That void stone trinket.

Is the raid open yet?

AGI / STR : Lurkerā€™s Insidious Gift Use: Embrace Nā€™Zothā€™s gift, increasing your Mastery by 614 for 30 sec. Every 1 sec gain Suffering, inflicting 641 Shadow damage per application. Reactivate to relinquish Nā€™Zothā€™s gift, removing both effects. ((120 / 60) Min Cooldown)

This is the one Iā€™m concerned about. 30 seconds of auto-applied premonition to whatever agi/str class using it.

I have no clue if this stuff will be good or not, but historically speaking any PvE items with proc effects are absurdly strong and end up being completely overpowered in PvP.

1 Like

Yeah. Everyone getting barrier. Nice.

Iirc since MoP pve set bounses are disabled in instanced rated pvp.

No idea if those rules are still in place and these are not set bonuses but effects tied to specific items so may be handled completely differently. I think while leveling I had a few items with proc effects but canā€™t remember if they worked when doing bgā€™s or were greyed out. I think they worked.

Pretty sure theyā€™ll have a flat 50% nerf in pvp. A lot of them are bad like the leather ones. Some are def dampening enabling garbage.

reverted it in BFA undoing the hard work of everyone who complained all of TBC, Wrath, and Cata.

1 Like

To be fair mixing pve gear in with pvp resulted in some fun interactions that made some less viable specs see more play during cata especially. Save for lego daggers and Staff. Back then though titan forging didnt exist and getting a piece of pve gear was a lot more for sure.

The game as a whole was just a lot better back then though class design wise so people didnt feel as gimped by gear back then as compared to now because theirs a limit on what you can do now.

Also one mop please.

1 Like

Ehh. A lot of people wouldnā€™t even consider taking you into a group if you didnā€™t have legendary staff/daggers and cunning/vial. Hell, a Heroic Gurthalak proc could 1v1 some people.

Iā€™ve ALWAYS hated gear in PvP (ever since TBC with Stunherald reigning supreme) and Iā€™ve always been of the (apparently unpopular) opinion that gear has no place in competitive PvP because it gives people an unfair advantage in what should be an entirely skill-based battle. Nothing is more infuriating than queuing into 3 mongoloids who are all 25+ ilvls higher than everybody on you team and losing simply because of gear, despite outplaying them, lining up strong CC chains, and OOMing their healer.

Donā€™t start with your bull gear-apologist ā€œyeah but they worked for that gear so they deserve a competitive advantageā€ garbage, Iā€™ve heard it already when idiots were complaining about losing their 2200 weapons (and god forbid the even earlier system where even more pieces of gear were gated behind rating). Arenas are a competitive environment. Just like a Formula 1 car racing against a Kia would never be considered a competitive race, we shouldnā€™t consider a player geared to the ears in +410 gear fighting someone with 375 gear competitive. The only thing that the 375 person gets out of that fight is a chuckle that someone with that much of an advantage over them is queuing at the same MMR.

This expansion is a perfect example of why gear in PvP sucks, especially following Legion where the gearing system was much more forgiving due to the ā€œtemplateā€ system they introduced.

1 Like

I quit the back half of Cata simply because you could not compete in PvP without pve gear. Getting 1 shot as a warrior by legendary dagger rogues was simply infuriating. I hope this trend does not occur in the back half of this expansion. If so Shadows Die Twice just came out and Id rather spend my time getting 1 shot by bosses in that.