Crown of the fire festival

I have met all of the requirements and stole the flames to all capital cities. 16 years ago I remember getting the crown. I’ve done it in retail 1000x but somehow this time I can’t figure it out.

So my guild doesn’t have them either and I opened tickets and got canned responses that didn’t even relate to my issue at hand. (clearly customer support didn’t even read the ticket).

What do I do? The clear fix is a GM sends me the crown in the mail because it’s bugged but somehow I feel like I cannot get passed the canned responses…

You should have the option on your ticket to reopen it if your issue is not resolved.

Keep your ticket info short and strictly to the issue. It is always best not to muddy up the waters with extraneous info that might cause confusion as to what exactly your issue is at the moment.

Ticket response times are a little high at the moment, but they will get to you as soon as they can. Replying to your most current ticket will put it in a higher queue versus opening a new one.

3 Likes

My ticket info is pretty straightforward thats why I’m not getting why I got an automated response. The response was entirely unrelated and I don’t understand how it was triggered. Someone had to glance at it and just click the screw em button.

I have responded to the ticket. I’m just worried the event might end before the crown becomes available :’(

A template for efficiency helps lower those ticker times. A template is not an automated response, it is generated by an actual GM

I only point this out because this is said A LOT.

As for the actual item, i wish i had more. Sadly i don’t

3 Likes

A template is simply a formatting design for a structured response. An automated response is a vague generalistic response that some analyst assumed by virtue of probability will cover X amount of issues.

The problem is I don’t open tickets (and I’m sure most people agree on this) unless I need HELP. Something has fallen through the cracks and there is nothing within the realm of capability I can do. A template would give a game master a format to communicate with me but would still have to offer a solution. This isn’t the case. My ticket was not fully analyzed by any reasonable human being based on the response I got. I’m sure it was filtered by category instead of read entirely.

I might not be the smartest person in the world but there is no way I’m that challenged :’(

if it’s a bug, a GM can’t help.

you can add your voice to the bug report thread, but nothing can be done to help you here.

3 Likes

Correct, if there is a bug then the WOW team would need to fix it. Game Masters would not be able to get involved unless specifically instructed to / given approval by the game team. In this specific case, it appears that this is still under investigation.

4 Likes

So they plan to get any more updates? Or am I forced to wait another year to complete my fire festival set?.. I turned every flame in, Questie recorded the progress so I can provide exact times.

Still can’t get it.

If the event ends before they can come up with a fix, then much like an issue that happened in retail a while back with an event, yes, you will have to wait until next year.

I’m sure the players enjoyed traveling around the world trying to get into enemy cities for a few gold. What a glorious use of our time.

Then to be stuck wondering what the problem is.

I wonder how many players backtracked trying to figure out what city they missed not realizing Blizzard just messed it up.

Yup… Go to the deadliest places in the world for you, hope you don’t get ganked and camped. Only to leave with literally nothing. Lols…

Man. This is crazy. People need help because bugs exist not because we’re stupid. I dislike how I’m practically called stupid by the first wave of assistance upon coming up with a problem only to find my persistent behavior uncover there is nothing that can be done but yes there is a problem.

People do not open tickets because the game is working as intended but didn’t get what they want. I remember a time I faction changed in cata when it was out and my black temple rep reset to neutral. This was a BUG in the system but a GM was able to restore my reputation to exalted given the data that existed historically before I was changed over.

In my 16 years of WOW bugs have been the reason tickets have been opened.

Have you read this thread about missing transmogs?

Well, you should know that GMs don’t fix bugs unless authorized by the devs.

3 Likes

Not one person has said you’re stupid. Bugs are generally not something that a GM can just snap their fingers to fix. Whatever is causing the issue, may break even worse for your simple fix of just giving over the item. That, and the GMs are limited in what they can do. If the Devs have not given them the okay to do this or that, then they cannot. Not because they’d prefer to sit back and cackle gleefully over all the people irate, but because not one of us is worth them losing their jobs to grant a dash of pixels to.

5 Likes

They are attempting to obtain the Crown of the Fire Festival in Burning Crusade Classic right now (as the Midsummer Fire Festival is ongoing at the moment).

When folks are trying to convince me about templates and the probability that I may not be specific enough. Running me through check the block issues before you help me as If I didn’t already do that is offensive in nature.

There are a lot of assumptions that go behind vague and general comments or responses that make it apparent that one wasn’t listening right away. Later on we do get a link to a thread and a confirmation that it’s not you it’s us (blizzard). But to get there I had to endure textbook fallacies of assumption and/or relevance. Bring back the old way of posting tickets. That might mean hiring more people. It’s apparent that anytime a ticket is open regardless of how clear the pertinent information is that players and GMs alike are coming to hasty generalizations and it’s making more work for everyone

Ah okay, I thought it was about missing transmogs.

1 Like

We have a limited time to complete this. This is why it’s so stressful

Yeah, if you don’t mind several weeks wait times…

1 Like

I’d wait several weeks for a real human being. Too easy. They would escalate the situation as high as it needed to go and solve the problem. Especially if the underlying cause was a bug that prevented accomplishment.

But again, GMs don’t fix bugs not matter how far you go up the chain of command. Devs work off a triage system when it comes to bugs and do so on their own timetable.

2 Likes