Cross server bgs will kill the PvP community

Just wanna say, i have never got to experience that side of WoW, ever, cause i started in mid TBC.

But i can imagine very clearly by reading your post on what it must’ve been like, because i’ve also experienced early WoWs communitys feeling.
It’s the most precious thing the game offered and supported like no other could. I had a ton of fun being in one of the most competitive PvE and also PvP guilds on the realm, rivaling with the other elitist guilds as we progressed in new raids. What a blast that was!
I’d absolutely love to see and experience myself what it was like to have no cross realm bgs, because i only know WoW with them.
It sounds to be so bloody awesome!!! I hope Blizzard agrees with your post!

2 Likes

Server rivalry and community was fun.

Blizzard lost touch with that. Crbg isn’t community, it’s anti community.

5 Likes

This is a forum on the internet. Doomsaying about anything will exist on every side of every issue on the internet.

Nobody reasonable is assuming PvP will be dead, just that it will be more impersonal and grindy and pug-stompy. CRBGs might have eased queue times and maybe even helped with some faction imbalance issues, but anyone reasonably looking back should be able to see they were the first part of a design philosophy that traded in community for convenience.

Also, I edited like a whole other paragraph into that post you quoted. My bad, I accidentally hit send prematurely and I’m a pretty slow typer

Oh, and I’ve said many times I fully recognize that CRBGs will be there and there’s nothing to be done about it. I just wish they weren’t

Not really, what will kill the pvp community is que dodgers .

1 Like

They’re more similar than you’re giving credit to. Everything in classic took forever to start. That’s why they eventually put in LFD, LFR, CRZ, and CRBG at the cost of server communities.

Nah.

They put those in because it was a long term solution to having to constantly open and close servers.

Cross realm bgs was to address some servers having incredibly long queue times due to server faction population imbalance and often a faction would “boycott” a battleground entirely unless it was a bonus weekend.

Two different problems entirely.

Player behavior drove both changes. We have only ourselves to thank for any “community death”. More like suicide.

No it will not.
if BGs were not cross-server,
the Honorsystem will be abused even more,
by players from the same server from both factions,
joining a discord or whatever,
doing endless and meaningless HK farmings,
like this round we horde kill you all alliance at your respawn,
and next round you alliance get the HKs.
and since it’s not cross server,
even if you want to play a game but other players will be doing nothing but to wait to get killed,
theres nothing you can do about it.

Those people will be in their own premade v premade instance, so they wouldn’t effect your battlegrounds anyway. And as far as win/kill trading, If they find a way to reliably queue into eachother they will get easily sniffed out and banned. And theory crafting about how bad things might hypothetically be is one thing but as I have said many times…

BFA queues are 20m for horde, instant for alliance. Cross-server BGs fixes NOTHING.

2 Likes

Lol.

It used to be hours. If a faction decided to refuse to play a battleground, it would be days.

Oh noes, 20 minutes, whatever will I do with my life as I waste awayyyhhyyh…

If you want faster queues then go play call of duty. OP is right. Vanilla pvp was better because there was player persistence. Like on DayZ persistent servers you run into the same factions and people and develop player-made content. Most people don’t understand this because video games suck now.

1 Like

That’s because of average horde/alliance for entire region. Without cross-server battlegrounds, each server will have its own ratio.

Balanced servers are exception, not rule. On servers where horde/alliance ratio is too high, it will end up with massive queues for one side and possibly incomplete teams on other side. That’s if there will be enough people for battlegrounds at all.

In vanilla when cross-realm battlegrounds were introduced, it actually saved battlegrounds on many servers. Before that battlegrounds were almost dead.

On PvE servers? So keep them cross-server, not the actual PvP servers.

Also Blizzard HUGELY overreacted to Vanillas launch and made waaaay too many servers that died in months. That won’t happen in Classic.

ignorant comment right there, most realms are extremely one sided and we wouldnt get games at all with out CRbgs today

look on wow progress and you will see why thats true

they have literally 30-1 ratios on many of the top servers. the 10-15 minutes the horde wait now is nothing compared to what it would be with out CR

ive been doing leveling bgs all morning today, that would not be possible on nazjatar without cross realm groups

I totally agree with the OP as far as how much better the sense of community was and how much more fun it was to know people of both factions that you were fighting with and against in vanilla.

That said these days I’m not really down with the whole 1 hour wait for WSG or AB to pop because I am on the faction with more players.

If they are doing cross realms battlegrounds and this loss of server identity upsets you in PvP I suggest rolling on a PvP server. You will still get a bit of getting to know the people you are fighting on your own server that way.

I remember the time when battlegroups were a thing.

How do you plan on doing dungeons in classic?

A. I don’t really care about dungeons
B. if I do decide I want to do them it will be with a group of friends or guild mates. Not spamming chat looking for 1 more.
C. not sure what any of that has to do with not wanting long queues for battlegrounds

well this sucks… what a necro \o7