Cross server bgs will kill the PvP community

Except there can be queuing issues even on perfectly faction balanced realms for various reasons.

I guess that’s fair, if they did do it and it works out i would be pretty happy. But i expect people will start seeing hr long queues after a couple weeks of BGs launching. Guess it couldnt hurt to start without.

Like I’ve said just have the system try to match same realm first, if that doesn’t go through in say 5 minutes jump to CRBG. That way the system is in place as soon as it’s needed but if it’s not the people who want same realm get it.

“queueing issues”
From responses in this thread “issues” start at non-instant queues. Sorry, zero sympathy.

Exactly. Hopefully them saying it will be “in” just means that it will be there for IF it becomes necessary, and only at that point would it be turned on.
(Read: compelling reason and not individuals whining about 10 minute queues.)

2 Likes

From responses in this thread “issues” with CRBG are just not seeing the same names on the other faction, sorry zero sympathy.

And I’ve given two suggestions for that, first the system tries to match same realm if there’s not enough it jumps to CRBG, or just give people the option of same or CRBG when they queue up.

The second one would be a win win for everyone. The people who want same realm get it all the time and always get to play with like minded players, people who don’t care get their faster queues.

10 minute queues? Try 2 hour or more queues. That was easily what it got to be in late Vanilla on an Alliance-dominated server (like 80% Alliance) before CRBG.

All Blizz can do is queue character creation in the hopes that that will lead to balanced factions, but I do not see them ever doing that – again, as I mentioned above, because then you’d have friends that couldn’t play with friends, because they’re waiting for the chance to create a character on a faction-locked server.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I was going to find the video and link it in this thread. it’s really baffling Ion would say no to cross servers in vanilla at Blizzcon then they’d do it for PvP? Like…what?

I think the best part is horde BG queues were 20-25m last time I played WOW during BFA, lol.

Cross-servers fix queues, right?

1 Like

No it didn’t. I provided a valid example where it created communities.

And I’m saying this as someone who doesn’t want CRBGs right away in Classic. In Vanilla, they were added out of pure necessity as dozens of people have attested to already. The same principle should apply to Classic; add them in only when they’re necessary. And no, 10 minute queues aren’t “too long” as some others have tried to say. Its when you get into multiple hours of queues that we have a problem.

Good.

I said nothing along the lines of my rank and or competing only with my own faction?
I said the Q’s are slow… if anything with only sever Q’s, and along with the server Pop on both faction going down over time… The 2 points of slow Q times for a lvl 60 Toon will be at the start of vanilla, and end. At the start of vanilla… not everyone will be able to hit 60 in the 1st month. So less 60s to play with. And the end due to not as many players playing the game" We will see how it works in 2 years"
Q times are slower if it was only Sever base Q’s… The post you made has nothing to do with what I said…

You claimed you started and never finished the Rank 14 grind, or whatever your goal was.

I was pointing out that the Q times have nothing to do with the pace or progression in the Rank 14 grind.

Q’s can be long, but it’s meaningless because the time in Q’s are shared with everyone in your faction of your server. Because of that everyone has on average the same wait time and so the same rate of points gain.

As a result you can get Rank 14 regardless of the time in Q so long as you play above average for long enough.

1 Like

Also how about you post on a real Account?.. cus this one you are posting has done nothing in WOW. If you think you are right prove it and show what you have done in WOW over the years… As far as i can tell you are a “BC baby, WOTLK baby, Cata baby, and so on”
You are posting on a alt account or w/e… Why are you hiding behind a lvl 10 alt account?

With good reason; I do not want fanboys to defend my points. Instead I would rather my words and logic speak on its own.

Fanboys? … ok So you don’t have proof… and you make another post?.. got it Bro…
Keep making post… with out proof, showing you did anything back in vanilla… you should keep posting on stuff like this…

Still with 3240 post you truly like to hide behind this account.

My post was aimed at i was pvp’ing in vanilla. The grind didn’t matter or if i finished it or not… that was just a fact of " I did pvp" and I liked it… And i know how the Q’s are…
Everyone who is making a post about the X-sever pvp… has yet to show they played in vanilla…
Everyone one of you are like Wotlk Baby… and you have no right to speak about this. lol… maybe you don’t have a right… but you are wrong to speak on something you know nothing about… and if you played on a P-sever… lol then you are even more wrong

I just don’t post on my actual hunter because it’s irreverent to the situation. What does a retail character with 260K honor kills arena titles and rank 11 in vanilla that I don’t play any more have to do with Classic WoW?

Nothing, because our past experiences are 15 years ago and meaningless now because we have factually forgotten most of the game.

I was surprised by what I had forgotten and or blended into TBC memories on class mechanics on a couple of my characters.

Well if you have forgotten stuff from 15 years ago you might have some issues. I recall what i was doing in life 15 years ago… i can recall the Job i had… I can recall my address… i can recall who i was with… what Car i had…

The point you are making now is… you have forgotten most of the game… and you think everyone is like you?

No, that’s not the point I was making.

I was pointing out that while I do remember the game and quite a lot of the details as if they were just last year; there are things I flat out remember wrong also regarding my own hunter.

Something that people often confuse and it drives me freaking crazy is the old honor system.

It’s not as bad as people make it out to be; while it CAN be very grinding it’s a decent system and in some ways more casual friendly than the modern WoW systems are.

Modern WoW is 100% exclusive; if you want to get Glad you need to play the meta, you need great partners, and you also need to be good.

Classic WoW, not so much. You can get to rank 14 with all the same methods as the modern system but it’s not actually required. A poor quality player can make up for his inability to play well with others, lack of personal skill, or lack of friends by simply putting in more hours than his counterparts. (to a degree)

That’s not something that a player in the modern system can do, they will never get Glad solo, but they can get Rank 14 if they break their body to do so.

I think the accessibility even if it’s a little toxic to the human condition is a good thing because it does allow even the most humble player to strive for greatness and earn it via hard work. (Totally excluding all the different methods of cheating in both Vanilla and Modern WoW because both versions have cheating scum)

Again the entire original point is the duration you wait in Q has no impact on your standing in the old honor system so long as that wait in Q is average with the players you’re in competition with on your own same faction. (not the opposite faction)…

1 Like

And Q time can matter in honor system as well if the limits you’re hitting are not max players per rank but simply not being able to get enough honor for a rank due to sitting in queue.

And regardless sitting in Q sucks a lot more than actually you know, playing in a BG.

So as i said before… My point was not about Me ranking… and when i was ranking the Q was soo bad bla bla bla…

My post was about the Q’s in vanilla… Before they came out with X-sever PVP …The Q times was slow… you could have been in Q for up to 30 mins or longer, for a wsg… X-sever pvp dropped that down and it was better…

Now if you are talking like from a RP stand point “Killing sever community”… then w/e… RP = nothing…

X-fer sever PvP will not hurt WOW community on a sever…Phasing will tho… X-sever pvp will only hurt the ones that over thinking it…

I guess you just did not experience the PVP community before 1.12, it’s a very different experience and something I am unlikely to be able to explain to some one who did not experience it.

True the Q’s did drop a little but it was not enough to make up for the fact that all the rivalries that were previously common place vanished overnight.

Rivalries did still exist in X-server, but only for those who lived inside the BG’s 24/7, but most players don’t PVP that much so they’re never going to experience that at all in the future if X-realm PVP is part of Classic.

I see that, just a miscommunication on the internet because words in text format don’t always communicate the full intent, or some times they do but intent that was not intended also finds it way into the thing…

1 Like