Cross faction Transmog?

So I have all alliance characters and one Belf Rogue which I have levelled through all expacs. I have HEAPS of transmog items stored up on her that she cant unlock (plate, mail, cloth, weapons). How can I unlock these without levelling up a Horde character for each type? If i purchase a faction change will i keep all my items? I dont really want to do this but I have picked up quite a few good ones :frowning:
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Unless they are bop you won’t beable to ever get those mogs from that toon. You only ever unlock the mog for items that the character that picked them up can use normally. So if you have plate or some cool 2h weapon in the rogues bags your sol and should just vendor them.

I believe Swolesevelt meant “unless they are boe”. I don’t know of any reason why a faction change would result in your items disappearning, but if they’re horde specific they may get changed into alliance equivalents. But if they’re BOP you still won’t be able to send the items to someone who can learn the appearance, of course.

Assuming they’re BOE you can also get them to the alliance side by laundering them through the auction house but I believe you have to have a friend help by purchasing what you put up; your alts cannot bid on your auctions last I heard. And of course there’s a chance of someone else buying it before you/your friend can.

Good luck!

1 Like

Would Class Trial characters on the horde realm be able to learn BOE items? (You would be out of luck on this method for items requiring level 111-120.)

1 Like

Class trial characters can’t receive in-game mail, so how would you get the BoEs to them to learn their appearances?

I wasn’t sure about the mail, sorry. I’ve only done one class trial, and that was a while ago.

1 Like

That’s alright. It’s a legit question.

I think this limitation, like most limitations on trial characters, is to eliminate their utility until you pay up (convert them to a real character).

Thanks for the replies, didn’t know about auction house laundering. They are BOE items so that might be an option. Is it worth the $$$ to faction change just for transmog :thinking:
I assume if I am doing the AH it needs to be in Booty Bay or other neutral AH?

1 Like

at this point all AH are neutral, as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

I can confirm class trials can get in game mail. I think Sniperorc is thinking of Trial accounts.

I have a trial rogue for lock boxes and characters to do transmog on, specifically for cross faction mogging.

1 Like

Just to tag you to see my previous post

The conversion to an opposite faction equivalent are already in effect for mounts I noticed. My Horde characters can choose to use the skeletal horses of the Forsaken even thou I have NEVER played a Forsaken.