Cross Faction Collusion! Is it bannable?

To start I would like to explain cross faction collusion so we are all on the same page.

A group of players on Horde are farming Devilsaurs, another Horde player shows up and attempts to contest the spawns. The original Horde group has an Alliance friend show up to kill JUST the new contesting Horde player.

Is this bannable for both the original Horde group and the Alliance player?

I spent some time reading through the TOS and can’t seem to locate anything that specifically states that collusion is 100% bannable.

There are some general segments of the TOS but nothing that specifically targets collusion like this.

For instance:

"Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any conduct intended to disrupt or diminish the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies."

I also found a thread on the EU forums where everyone seems to be in agreement that this IS bannable. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17622513446

So. Can we get a BLUE response on this so we know exactly what is going to occur in these situations?

If anyone cares, I for one am all for banning for cross faction collusion.

Edit:

I cannot believe how difficult it is to discuss ANYTHING with this community.

To further elaborate. In this scenario we KNOW for a fact that the players are colluding. WE KNOW IT TO BE TRUE. We seen them on Stream, they admitted to it, or SOMETHING that provides you with 100% UNDENIABLE TRUTH that these players are colluding.

Now. Are we clear? We understand that there is collusion occurring. So here we go again. IN THIS SCENARIO. IS. THIS. BANNABLE?

Edit 2:

Well Blizzard, if you are reading this you can probably see that this community is quite divided and confused on whether or not this situation would be a bannable offense.

Could you please share some insight on this?

EDIT 3:

And we have our answer!

As it stood in Classic, collusion was bannable. The community should proceed with the assumption that this is bannable unless Blizzard states otherwise.

Thank you Protnshock! Great job finding this and helping to put a few pathetic people in their place!

24 Likes

going solely by the thread’s title, if it ain’t, then it’d really oughta be

7 Likes

I am eternally thrown by people who don’t recognize that non-PvP servers are a thing.

13 Likes

I agree. If you are flagged for pvp and some random alliance person shows up, friend of a horde player in the area or not, and the alliance player kills you, that’s not against the ToS.

It falls directly in with the old adage. “If it’s red, it’s dead.”

6 Likes

So it doesn’t apply to your case if you are a non-PvP server(lol btw).

2 Likes

In retail i was hanging out in goldshire as a horde rogue and sapped people and played with them.

I added an alliance mage gnome to my battle.net and we worked together to roleplay and have a nice picnic just outside of goldshire.

It was a bunch of fun.

3 Likes

Goes against the “spirit of the game” which was in the ToS I believe.

4 Likes

Except that is not what’s happening. The “If it’s red, it’s dead.” statement is wildly incorrect in this case considering he is ONLY targeting a specific player for the sake of assisting his Horde friends.

There are other "red’ players here but this player avoids attacking them in order to help clear our their fellow Horde players.

5 Likes

Except you don’t really know why random alliance player ABC showed up, only that he killed you and now you’re being camped.

1 Like

Whenever i get camped by alliance i just assume it’s karma to pay for my sins of being horde.

6 Likes

Yes, you certainly do know why. We are fighting devilsaurs, they are refusing to attack specific players that they are standing right next to.

The Horde does not attack the Alliance player and the Alliance player ONLY attacks the one Horde getting in their way.

This is collusion at its finest.

3 Likes

That is still you making an assumption. The alliance player may not attack the other horde because they are running in a group and outnumber him and the horde are too busy farming to care what happens.

2 Likes

No it does not violate the ToS. There are no rules against killing the opposite faction. In fact the scenario you are referring to is known as “Devilsaur Mafia” where groups dominate the Devilsaur hide market. It WILL be a thing on every server. Make sure you pick the winning side. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

How is this related to this thread at all?

1 Like

You did well to not read the original post I can see.

This is NOT an assumption. This is the scenario I detailed in the original post.

And as I originally stated. All players are standing next to each other, waiting to kill Devilsaur and collude cross faction in order to stop the SAME faction players from obtaining Devilsaur leather.

Not sure what’s so hard to understand.

3 Likes

I read it. Are you capable of doing the same? I know we live in an age where you pitch a fit when you don’t like the answer but it is what it is.

3 Likes

Please read the original post in its entirety.

I would say the same to you. Question asked and answered. This exact scenario has been happening since vanilla. Is this really rocket science for you people?

2 Likes

Ok. Here are the facts and this may not be what 2004-2006 Blizzard was thinking, but this was my interpretation.

In 2004 as an Alliance player on a PVP realm you could not make a horde character on the same realm. They did not want the Horde and Alliance to easily talk to each other.

Blizzard went out of their way to make it so you had a hard time communicating with the opposite faction. So, speaking with the opposite faction would be heavily frowned upon, because if they wanted you to have easy access to the opposite faction, why did they restrict character creation?

3 Likes