Creating new character

Hello,

I am trying to create a new character on a Retail realm(Am really only a classic player now) and ever since the shadowlands prepatch it seems to force me into the shadowlands starting zone instead of Northshire. I have been told by multiple people that there should be an option to choose which starting zone you want to go to but I never seen to get it.

I have no addons at all in retail wow. Looking for some help on where to find this option as I might just be missing it? Is it before character creation? During? Upon first logging in, Ive tried to create 5 or so different characters looking each time and I cant find it. Im just trying to get these characters to stormwind/Orgrimmer.

Thanks.

You mean Exiles Reach? if you are a new player, you have to do that at least once, then you can choose the starter experience on new characters.

1 Like

Yes that is probably what it’s called. Starts on the boat as a level 1? I have other characters on the account that were in MOP. I’ll try going through it once and hope that it fixes it

It’s quite a fun starter area. I like it better than the old starter zones.

Once you have leveled a character to 50 you’ll be given a choice on where to go on any new characters you create.

1 Like