Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

Same problem here. This seems to happen when playing dungeons or bg’s.

macOS Catalina
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

I get the rainbow wheel of death randomly when playing dungeons and bg’s. I notice this more when there’s a lot of effects going on or near bosses. The more I press key’s the longer it takes for my PC to unfreeze.

These symptoms started with the 8.3 patch. As of now this game is almost unplayable and I consider 8.3 breaking change.

Considering it just started happening, my computer is clean and well maintained, and is running just fine for every other game (even those with much higher requirements) I would have to disagree with you.

3 Likes

Same issues as other Mac users. Froze on phase 7 of the intro quest. Tried a BG, froze there too.

Since the 8.3 update, the game has been unplayable on my 2018 macbook pro. In an earlier post, someone suggested to install windows on the macbook pro and run WoW from it. I did that, and the game runs flawlessly, even better than before 8.3. So if you don’t want to fall behind, consider running windows 10 on your mac.

I am not going to buy Windows 10 just to play WOW. Forget that.

1 Like

Hey folks,

Just to confirm that this is still on our radar, we are aware that the issue isn’t fixed. The fix is being tested and evaluated for when a safe time to release it is, and we want to be sure that things are not made WORSE by applying the fix. This is always a risk when we’re dealing with an event as critical as this and want to avoid this possibility.

There are a number of potential player-posted work arounds in this thread that you can try if you would like, but keep in mind that we aren’t satisfied with a work around for this problem. We want it fixed, so if you don’t want to try work arounds and would prefer to wait for us to get it handled, that’s entirely understandable. Hang tight and we’ll let you know when it’s safer to try again.

Once we get word that we’ve committed the changes, we’ll let you know so that you can retest, but we can’t provide a timetable yet because we don’t want to get your hopes up, then have something come up which delays things.

In any event, I appreciate your patience and completely get the frustration so far. We want you all to be able to get in and enjoy the new content, and this is no doubt either heavily impacting it or completely stopping it. I hope we can come back with better news for you all soon.

12 Likes

I pay 15 dollars a month for this game at this point through no fault of my own I can’t play will there be a week of free game time given for the week I haven’t been able to play? I get that things happen but when my internet goes out for a week it gets prorated it is unethical to charge full price for something I can’t use not to mention completely illegal according to the federal trade commission. It wouldn’t be so frustrating if there were not reports of no compensation money wise as for the down time as I see it either a week of free game time if it’s fixed tomorrow or $3.7475 is due per week it is down and I am continuing to pay

8 Likes

So we should take it that Tuesdays patch isn’t for Macs. This is not right. I am done.

Who “liked” that reply? They just said there is no plan time table for the fix and they do not have an ideal when it might be fixed. They just said, “tough luck people.”

3 Likes

Can y’all start saying something else other than that you don’t have anything for us?

Maybe addressing the (potentially) thousands of customers you’re on the verge of losing, again? Maybe offering some sort of hope, encouragement, or compensation? You have people who really want to be here, quitting and looking into filing suits, and the only thing you’re saying (what you’ve continued to say this whole time) is “hang tight”.

1 Like

You don’t need to buy Windows. I wouldn’t do that either. You can download and use Windows for free on your Mac. The free version just comes with limitations on what you can/can’t do on Windows, none of which is a problem for running WoW.

2 Likes

great so as my guild is raiding, ill be waiting for blizzard to get their stuff together… wonderful. but at least you gave us some kind of update… that’s appreciated

1 Like

Could you post a guide?

The issue was known about before they went live with 8.3. So no, none of this works.

3 Likes

Looks at windows comment…
Sees 100gb needed
cries in 128 gb MacBook

4 Likes

yes, same here.

Okay cool, but we paid for something we can’t even play at the moment, but the company is not going to compensate for that? All the lost visions? All the dailies that couldn’t be done? We’re around to miss out on a new raid and miss out on ranking our cloaks, etc. We paid for a working product, not something that can’t be used. This was happening before the release of the patch on live and no one said or obviously did anything about it, you guys basically said screw the Mac users.

3 Likes

How do we know they were having these issues during PTR or prior to release? I’m curious, I’d believe it but would like to check it out

is it even going to be fixed in the next week

I played it on ptr and had the same exact issues and i’m pretty sure I submitted a report about it too lol

I couldn’t even get past stage 6-7 for halls of origination in ptr due to the freezing issue

3 Likes

There was also an interview done with the lead that he said they had issues and knew about them. He knew there wasn’t time to fix everything so they even canceled 8.3.5 because of all the problems they were having. Also those who played the PTR had the issue and reported it.

1 Like