Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

My game is still experiencing around 4-14fps and lag spikes even with zero particle density and lvls 1-3 graphics make no difference. Not only can I not see portals, or most important ground graphics during encounters, I can not complete certain dailies like gathering the void crystals for the corrupted void egg. My sub expires in less than 36hr and as sad as I am, I am more angry that there’s always an excuse and no fix and no resolution or compromise to all game time lost.

1 Like

My game has been crashing and freezing my computer since 8.3. 2018 MacBook Pro 2.3 i5. pretty sick of it at this point.

1 Like

Tried again today, crashed as soon as I entered an Instance. has been unplayable for a month. Are they going to do anything or not?

1 Like

You added something that broke the game (apparently the new particle density) and have looked the other way for 4 weeks, don’t blame Intel.

7 Likes

seems to be doing better after the patch I just dl’ed

okay so another update about my update/feedback (bc it was really to just see if it mainly froze up or not)

I can play the game now… but theres certain boss fight mechanics I can’t follow because I can’t see what’s under me or what to dodge (ex- vex how do they expect you to know where to move to if you literally can’t see when she does that purple puddle stuff and you have to keep moving to specific sides of the room… HOW???) … so I can’t do those type of bosses rofl gg blizz gg -_- mind you this is really my first time trying to do a full clear raid since they tweaked the game… so now I have to figure out what bosses to skip because I can’t do em… thats some nice raid content. and you put out a whole update saying its a bug with the gpu but wasn’t the game was fine before this patch? … kk so sounds like ur game isn’t compatible and y’all just tweaked it to make it compatible… y’all added new particle affects but you never added anything new in previous patches??? oh but the game worked though right… you guys just found out it was a “bug” after theres been reports of this same issue happening on ptr??? y’all don’t have regular Macs at the office to test on? a mess I tell you… you can play the game but I guess dying in fights due to you not being able to see the stuff you need to dodge is part of playing the game to them? is the actual issue going to be fixed anytime soon… or like are we going to have to choose to deal with a game we aren’t getting the full benefits of? (like being able to see what the heck I need to dodge in a boss fight) don’t settle for this… windows users can see what the heck they are doing… and able to follow mechanics and not get “wth is this person doing” this just feels like a big fat “l0l mactard” to the Mac users bc it feels like we are expected to settle just bc we don’t have a windows or don’t want to buy that expensive egpu… thats all im saying. y’all need to make the game work completely in every aspect because me having to leave a raid cause I can’t see what to dodge made me not want to bother with this game even more …ill give it till march cus thats when my sub runs out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the update!
I’ve been having a lot more success playing recently, feels right back to normal, hopefully it keeps on like this.
Thanks for all the hard work!

How is it a driver bug that is the problem when it worked fine until YOU changed it. Sounds to me like you guys don’t even know what you’re doing anymore. Good thing you guys fired all those people and lost all of your actually talented devs. Good going blizzard i will be unsubbing and i need to be reimbursed for my game time this month plus the 2 weeks out of the last month i couldnt play or i will be going to the FTC

8 Likes

At this point I say boycott review bomb and unsub clearly blizz doesn’t care about us anymore

1 Like

So wow worked before 8.3. Everything I do on my Mac besides wow 8.3 works fine. You created and TESTED a patch that broke Mac compatibility…but this is intel’s fault? Lol screw you guys.

We’re sending commands to intel that is should be able to do…well that very well may be true. Maybe it should be able to do it. But how in the heck did you not realize this during development and testing and go a different direction?

Don’t blame intel for your failure in testing and QA/QC.

10 Likes

As a layman, this situation appears to be very confusing.

Running MacOS 10.14.6 prior to patch 8.3, my new Mac ran WoW better than ever.

Why would you change how calls are made to the GPU for basic graphic features that worked just fine under 10.14.6 and prior operating systems?

Is this driver bug something introduced with MacOS 10.15?

If so, why are some of WoW’s basic graphic features such as particle density suddenly not working for prior operating systems (systems still supported by Blizzard)? This would make it appear the issue is with the changes made in patch 8.3, and not necessarily a driver bug introduced with MacOS 10.15.

Not to mention, this is something so basic, it should have been caught almost immediately in testing. How this got released in this condition is bewildering.

As of now, WoW is unplayable and players are left in the middle with a confusing bunch of finger pointing. Perhaps you should revert how the calls are made for these graphic features until Apple/Intel work out their differences. Because from my perspective and others, the changes in patch 8.3 are what are causing the issue because we know patch 8.2.5 did not run into this driver bug.

Otherwise, there’s nothing for players to do except unsubscribe in the meantime.

10 Likes

We added new particle effects with 8.3.

So you are saying you caused it then? and just blaming other things?

11 Likes

Just use your favorite apology

We had the chance to bring the community together…we did not

We will look into future issues, if they are needed

I’m sorry you didn’t have the experience you expected.

None of this is our fault, it’s Intel’s

At the point I’m only watching to see what disgusting excuse Blizzesda comes up with next. Wonder what research proves shifting responsibility off of them and on to their voluntary consumers is effective. I’ve had enough. Just put Activison on the load screen and be done, Blizzard is dead.

5 Likes

Everything had been going great since being able to disable particle density. However, I had my first freeze in days today.
I was doing the burning building event as part of a faction assault in The Vale. Froze for around a minute then recovered.
Not a lot of people around, I was running to grab another bucket of water when it happened. I think the freeze may have coincided with the completion of the event.

1 Like

Hey Folks!!!. I just got the solution temporal for the issue!!! All of you have right!. Play WoW with out particles!! Sucks!!!. So…, I figurated how fix it!! You could try this: “Open the game in low resolution”, this attribute you could find on the contextual menu at the app on “Get info” in your Finder. This could be work for you, until the CS find a definitive fix!. With that I could play with density particles on maximum!!. With a good performance and with out crashing. Could you try it, and tell me if this change work for anyone?. And if this works: Blizzard!! I want a little gift for find a solution! XD :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey again everybody,

While I understand that this is an aggravating issue and that disabling particles creates an odd gameplay experience (especially on certain fights) - this is the technical support forums. We don’t handle feedback here as we are not community managers, developers, or quality assurance. We can only provide the information we have on an issue when it becomes available, and at this point, you have what we have. As I mentioned earlier, if we get more information like an ETA or a confirmed mac build which has a driver with a bugfix, we will let you know, but beyond that there’s nothing else we can do for the time being.

At this point I’ve discussed the cause of the problem and the work around at the post I link below. This is the only directly supported work around for this issue until the driver bug is fixed. Beyond that, please send any feedback to the appropriate channels.

Below is the information on how to work around the problem while we work with Intel/Apple on this.

2 Likes

aka- trying to shut up complainers…anyone else feeling the chill? Snippy, snippy and no resolution. I will NOT stop until this is fixed. You getting on here to tell us to stop and take it elsewhere is just a waste of your time and another display of your lack of empathy and really an insight to your potential feelings about your job. Everything was fine until the worst patch in the world- and the content is not worth the hassle. I still want to be able to play and not be punished for your dramatic lack of accountability and problem solving.

5 Likes

Ok, You got it.

3 Likes

Yes, but like it or not, you are a community representative. I get that facing this much outrage is confronting and can’t be nice to deal with - but guess what, Blizzard is a MASSIVE multinational company with a community support/complaints team. So get them involved. Work together, for goodness sake.

You (as in Blizzard, Drak, not you specifically) must realise by now that this is a storm with two critical components - the technical issue, and the community support/complaint issue. Work. Together.

Your team should be tightly tied in with the customer support team at this point. Frankly should’ve been weeks ago. Get one of their guys on this post to update from a support/complaints perspective.

It’s terrible business to ask the customer to walk themselves to the complaints department. Even in circumstances where goodwill hasn’t been eroded - which in this case it absolutely has.

We get it, Drak. You’re swamped and being the public face of this sh1tstorm really isn’t what you signed up for. But someone in Blizzard is being paid to do that! So get them involved. Stamp your feet. Have your boss stamp their feet until their boss responds. And come back to us all with a collaborative response which is meaningful and addresses the tech AND community support aspects.

There is no goodwill left. I’ve just given you guys a roadmap as to how to start clawing it back. Use it.

24 Likes

Not fixed for me on a 2017 iMac Pro with Vega 56 card. Never had patch crashing my system like this.

4 Likes