Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

as a reminder to others, this is true, UNLESS you have a machine that has ThunderBolt 3, if you do then you can plugin an AMD based eGPU (external GPU). So you could buy a new/newer Mac mini and/or MacBook Air for much cheaper, and still plug in an eGPU.

Thank you! I was overlooking it XD

dude clean your dang computer screen

I shouldn’t have to use bootcamp to be able to play.
I shouldn’t have to lower graphic settings to play.
I shouldn’t have to break bank and buy an eGPU for the game to be playable.
I shouldn’t have to hop on another computer to be able to play when I bought the game for my Mac.

refund us our money or give us a useful update … we bought the game for our Macs and for a lot of us this was false advertisement because the game isn’t working. At least say Mac won’t be supported anymore or you’re goin to have to go above and beyond to be able to play the game on a Mac.

a lot of us spent over 100 dollars on this game… this just isn’t fair.

13 Likes

Honestly, this is kind of getting out of control. I’ve lost 2 keys for horrific visions because, losing that progress right away because I thought the patch would be okay to use on a system that Blizzard claims to support. The second one I lost because I trusted the fix to actually fix the issue. What’s the point of paying for a game when you can’t raid, do dungeons, or any of the other main parts of the content they advertised for this patch? Any sort of communication would be minimum. But it has been days since anything of substance at all.

7 Likes

Kinda sad how they just care about taking everyone’s money and not fixing a problem

Fail millennial developers have no clue how to fix it only make more sh!tty maps and draw cartoons… maybe wow can hire someone who can read an error log, and take some action instead of feeding us bullsh!t, forcing us to buy new computers, hardware, or find another game…

Response to my Ticket: watch this post…

I’m watching. Nothing.

No updates, no solution, no refunds, no responsibility. #milleniallifestyle

2 Likes

So I guess they posted on the EU forum for ALL Mac players saying they won’t give up but uhhh I’m not seeing any progress lol

I still have the issues, nothing has change, thinking of buying a PC now and send invoice to blizz :innocent:

They’re gonna tell you to screw off lmaooo

Maybe separate your technical issues from your generational prejudices, mmkay?

10 Likes

Where is the downvote for ignorance option…You want to complain about younger generations go to Reddit. - Sincerely a Millennial

7 Likes

No one cares about you crying about being a millennial or attacking said Millennials. Just FIX the damn Game.

4 Likes

I haven’t logged into the game in three days, waiting for my game time to run out at this point. It’s too frustrating being in game knowing I can’t do seventy-five percent of the content. Honestly that percentage is being very generous.

I should send 7 screenshots. The first, when it freezes just after Glubtok. Then, one each minute while the party kills Felix (I can hear him go through his dialogue).

So, we can’t do DG, Raid or BG. Just solo-content. Sounds like a SSO: Smallishly SIngle-player Online. Not what we signed up for, eh?

5 Likes

Is wow even working on it.
I guess all these mac players cannot raid or finish their quests.
Does wow even care?

At this point there is 1000 comments on this board. Our money no good?

Really frustrated - I am a main healer - and I am suppose to raid on Tuesday. I guess no raiding for me.
I can barely get through a vision. Half the time it crashes. the rest of the time it is completely a waste of time even questing.

2017 MBP - turned graphics down to 1.
Nothing helps

1 Like

Same issues as everyone else. Freezing for 15 seconds MINIMUM at a time, now resulting in guaranteed computer lockup and shutdown everytime it occurs. As the days have gone on I am now completely unable to run 8.3 content whatsoever. Can’t do my dailies, can’t do visions, can’t m+ or queue arena. Literally can’t play the game, and for someone that pre-ordered shadowlands, just bought 6 months of game time, I am extremely cheesed.

Recently just attempted to message a friend on the battle.net app, and that caused a crash.

Absolutely insane to me that it’s been nearly a week and a half and this isn’t fixed. If this doesn’t get fixed soon I’ll most likely refund everything and start putting my efforts into a new game and I encourage everyone to do the same :slight_smile:

Issue still exists. Been two boxing since 8.3 and my pc doing the same quests killing the same mobs with the same UI mods installed and up to date does not freeze.

iMac 5k late 2014
i5 3.5ghz
24GB Ram
Radeon R9 m295x 4g
512 SSD
Catalina 10.15.2

would love a blue post/update of any kind at this point…

1 Like