Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

Well then it’s over. We should receive a full refund for the expansion and recent sub, as we weren’t notified that we wouldn’t be able to play a third of the expansion before we purchased the product.

3 Likes

I also play SWTOR and I expect these kinds of things to happen over there, the game is run by a skeleton crew at this point. My mistake for having higher expectations with Blizzard. This kind of reminds me of the launch day for Warlords of Draenor, what crap fest that was.

1 Like

Well I just canceled. They don’t care, about one person so they wont miss me.

Mac OS Version: 10.15.2
System model: Macbook Pro 2016 2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

same issue here, freezing, no error code, spinning wheel, and sometimes fine again after 20-30 seconds. not great, guys, not great…

Mac OS 10.15.1
MacBook Pro 13" late 2016
2.9ghz dual core intel i5
8gb 2133 mhz lpddr3
intel iris graphics 550 1536 mb

The below is a blizzard CSA on another thread. It is being fixed, but they don’t seem to know Mac can’t use Directx, which is sad.

"So I have checked and it does seem like we do have an issue with MACs currently that is being investigated and fixed, it’s causing FPS drops, crashes and other such problems for people.

It seems to be an issue with some of the changes to WoW Settings in the patch and there is a possible workaround I have seen that changing to DirectX11 may work. We have an open topic on this here ."

Note, this does not stop the crashes. but you will have a clear picture before it crashes and restarts you Mac.

MacOS Catalina 10.12.2
MacBook Pro 13", 2016
2.9 GHz Dual Core intel i5
8GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 mb

Issues include:

• freezing for 5-10seconds
  • alt-tabbing to get rid of restart scenarios
  • dropping to low fps
  • constant random freezing during raids or keys or during massive pulls (however, doing islands or slow paced things are fine minority of the time)

This only happened after the reset. My comp was perfectly fine before the reset. No freezing. FPS was fine and the ping was fine too. I could do raids/15+ keys on american ping from an oce server and it was fine but after 8.3 - doing keys or the raid is a myth)

i do hope this is resolved before the reset :frowning: i would like to continue with the game i love so much

2 Likes

Wow, so the workaround fixes the graphics but not the crashes. Doesn’t sound like a workaround to me. Sounds like I’ll load into a M+, be able to see everything but not be able to complete the dungeon

3 Likes

at the earliest, Tuesday at this point. They don’t work weekends.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, although I’d recommend for you and all those with the fuzzy screen thing: I had the same thing and I only remember it happening once before on the very last major patch of Legion (ironically). Try going to system settings and make sure resolution scale is set to 100% and window size is set correctly (you might check all of the options to make sure which one looks right/best).

1 Like

Blizzard your lack of communication is baffling. All of these players are locked out of doing any dungeons, raids, and most of the new content/quest. Thanking us for bringing this issue to your attention is as far as I am concerned a joke. This should have never happened in the first place and the least you could do is communicate effectively and let us know an estimated timeline so we stop wasting our time and hopes at every silly blue post that comes in.

Do your jobs, and speak up to the higher management if you guys are understaffed, your silence in itself is your own fault.

6 Likes

Mac OS Version: 10.15.2

System model: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Symptom: Pinwheel will appear and game freezes for about 5 seconds. Sometimes the game will start back up again and I can continue. When I was in PVP, the computer actually shut down completely. I had no issues with lag or freezing prior to 8.3 updates. I turned graphics down.

1 Like

same issue as everyone else. freezing in halls of origination at step 6-7. spinning wheel of doom. d/ced or entire system reboot. Completely destroys any and all gameplay for my 120s. Seems to be fine on low level alts though.

specs: 2017 MacBook Air 13"
OS Catalina
version 10.15.2
1.8 GHz dual-core intel core i5
8GB 1500 MHz DDR3
intel HD graphics 6000 1536 MB

Hoping for an update or might start thinking about cancelling sub soon.

4 Likes

So just read thru the whole thread - was referred here by Blizz and bad news they dont know why this is happening but it is and its beyond frustrating. I am following hoping we get a fix or at least a recognition that they are looking at the problem and actually actively trying to fix it because shrugging your shoulders and saying you dont know why is not a good enough reason IMO.

4 Likes

yeah, I replied in hopes of an update at some point. My Mac had been running perfectly until the patch dropped.

3 Likes

I hope they could fix it soon rather than focusing on the auction house…:confused: This is too depressing and frustrating and I don’t think Using a Mac to play game is a rare thing for now…

I have looked up for other servers and I am pretty sure currently EU and CN server both have the same issue… hope this can make them take this problem more seriously :confused:

1 Like

If this isn’t patched before the raid comes out I’ll be unsubbed until shadowlands. Completely insane that this is even happening.

4 Likes

As of 9:50 EST on 1/17/20, I am having the same stuttering and crashing issue. I’m on a late 2016 MacBook Pro running Mojave (10.4.6). I also have the blurry screen problem. I haven’t even dared to attempt the new content after what I’ve read in this thread. Hoping for a fix very soon.

1 Like

I can reliably reproduce the problem by flying over the Secluded Glade in Shadowmoon Valley (Draenor) and then pointing the camera down while hovering over the moon rock. There is no error message. The screen freezes for a few seconds and then unfreezes. But as soon as I point the camera back at the ground it freezes again.

Macbook Pro (14,1)
MacOS 10.14.6
WoW 8.3.0.33084 (x64)
Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz (2 cores)
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
16 GB RAM

why, so you can come back and have it happen again. It will.

I just had a small patch, not sure what it was for. anyone know?