Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

Hey, all! It’s been awhile since the last update, but we have been monitoring this thread. There just hasn’t been much to update on in this situation, but I wanted to provide some information and an update we have from our team.

We are closely working with Intel and Apple. Since the issue is complex and requires communication with Intel and Apple, it’s unclear on when this will be resolved fully since it will require an update and information from all involved parties.

At this moment, our team is continuing to optimize the game a bit to reduce the crashing that is occurring. It’s been confirmed a workaround is found to show some improvements for the crashing issue and we hope to have this pushed soon, but there may be some hang ups or freezing, then recovering for those of you who were strictly running into the crashing issues.

This issue is strictly tracking the MacOS and Intel Graphics. if you are experiencing issues on different hardware and operating system, please start your own thread or find a more relevant thread.

It’s a frustrating situation that has gone on longer than we’d like, but we haven’t forgotten about this issue. Whenever, we have more meaningful updates to share with you all, we’ll be sure to include them here.

5 Likes

For the last few days, warcraft has been crashing on me. Either it crashes and exits the game, or it crashes my computer and my whole computer is forced to restart, but this seems to be consistently happening, I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to log in and it kept crashing. I lowered my graphics settings, disabled addons, it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I’m using a Mac and with Intel HD Graphics.

Truthfully, I’d mostly forgotten about this issues as I threw my hands up and built a mid-range WIN10 machine to play on. However I recently moved from AZ, back to WI and had about three weeks with only my macbook pro. I was pretty much only doing daily CDs and AH stuff. Things didn’t act up much with those limited times. the couple times I tried to do an emissary I gave up due to the freeze/lag issues. so all in all, it looks like it maybe a bit more stable, it doesn’t seem to be REALLY playable.

I am running on a MacBook Air 2018
MacOS Mojave Vs 10.14.6
Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB

I am able to get to the WOW Classic character selection screen. Once I choose a character, my whole MacBook crashes.
I do not have the capacity to download Windows, so I hope you are able to find a fix, or a way to rollback to when it was working fine, yesterday.

Panic crashes are rare now. Maybe once per month and seems to be related to the MBP trying to go to sleep. I get some reports, and have saved them.

However, stuttering is a semi-regular feature, and seems to be mostly connected to turning the camera/viewpoint. This is sporadic in a given session, but when it starts, it’ll persist for minutes or more. When NOT turning the camera, the display will seem fine, with normal frame rates and no freezing, but as soon as I turn the camera, it can cause the screen to freeze for typically 2-3 seconds, but sometimes as long as 5.

Hi! just adding for Feedback: I am running into the same issue. I do use an older iMac (2013) but I have never had problems in the past and it runs optimally, before freezing and crashing of course. I’m also using Windows 10, boot camped.

I have tired selecting Direct X 11 Legacy as Graphics API, no success.
I have tinkered with graphics and disabled add-ons, no success.

My game will randomly freeze for anywhere from 5-30 seconds. Or eternally leading to a crash. Game is unfortunately unbearable to play, I can’t get an hour in without a bad freeze or crash. Any help appreciated blue!

Oh look, necro time… Mac users can’t get into wow again and this time it’s a failed update/admin agent issue keeping us out of the game for 2 days now…
Wonder how long it’ll take…

1 Like