Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

Macbook Pro 2017
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB
3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Catalina 10.15.2
While in battlegrounds, dungeons, and occasionally while questing, my game will “beachball”. In instances, (on average every 5 minutes but it can be random) wow will freeze for 15-30 seconds, then catch up. Just long enough to wipe my team/group on my disc priest…
My whole comp crashed a few times, and I’ve attempted a number of unsuccessful interface graphics setting alterations. It’s pretty annoying, and like why wasn’t this tested on an entire operating system before release lol?
Regardless I believe bliz didn’t forsee this, and I hope they can fix it soon :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Still unplayable for the most part. I believe all of your subscribing players on Mac’s deserve some sort of response even if it is “working on it”.

7 Likes

They have the time and ability to add a new store mount to the game, but a game-breaking bug? Eh will get around to it.

3 Likes

Didn’t they let go of 800 QA and other positions at the behest of Activision a few months back? Seems this is exactly what they are ok with on the upper levels.

F3EEC744-AFEB-46E5-B725-533ABA492AF1

Crash error

Thanks for the continued reports, everyone! Our team may have found a resolution, but it’s not set on when the update/fix will be pushed to the live client. We will update this thread when the fix is live.

7 Likes

no idea why the hell it is crashing so much after the update to 8.3! why isn’t there a detailed guide for steps to collect diagnostic information and post somewhere… DO NOT PLAY this game if you have Mac you will lose almost all the Horrific Vessels… just SAVE them!

2 Likes

So… During the weekend or after? Would be nice if we can plan out our next coming days considering the weekends are hotspots for when WoW is played.

I was just able to complete 4 horrific visions without the crash or even any stutters. However, before that, I got the stutter for about 10 seconds, no crash, in heroic mechagon junkyard just before Trixie & Naeno.

1 Like

is there estimation on how long it will be ??

1 Like

Turned my graphic settings way, way, way down. Just tried a mythic 0. Got to the first boss, froze for 5-10 seconds twice during the fight. Made it through, on the second small trash pull everything froze, got the rainbow wheel, and crashed. This game is literally unplayable. I’m probably a fool for even attempting at this point. If it’s not fixed soon, I’m unsubscribing until I hear or see that this is fixed. Cannot believe I’m paying for something that I can’t use :woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply, but you don’t know when…lol. Thank you for working so hard to fix it, but please…please don’t make us wait until Monday so you guys can take the weekend off.

Just crashed in a low level shadow fang keep.

1 Like

Yeah I can’t even get the cloak I’m now crashing in the open world

Mac OS Version: 10.15.2
System model: MacBook Pro 2019 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 16GB RAM Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
Symptom: Game freezes then computer crashes within 2 minutes of logging on

I cannot play at all.

MacOS Mojave: 10.14.6
System: MacBook Air 2017

Like every other Mac users, I have been experiencing several lags and crashes issues since 8.3’s launch. It seems to be more frequent when surrounded by AOEs like during a boss fight.

As you can imagine it is really annoying since we were all very excited for the new content, and also cause we pay a lot of money to play this game.
We should get some kind of compensation in my opinion, thank you!

1 Like

Oh update to my/our problem. I messed with my graphic settings and now my blurryness is gone (yay even though I didn’t really consider this to be a problem).

I have had two characters make it through hall of origination scenario without computer crashing (not really sure what I did to fix this)

Characters “stuttering”/game temporarily freezing hasn’t gone away yet (happens everywhere: scenarios, open world, instances). My main problem currently is I can’t play battlegrounds. I get into battleground and everything is fine until a fight starts. My computer doesn’t crash, but when you freeze during each fight that pretty much makes battlegrounds unplayable.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Look you have a serious probelm with this update and Mac computers. Now i have lost the opportunity to complete this visions thing more than 4 times because you made an update that crashes in every macbook.

You have even been aware for more than 4 days of the problem and nothing has been done to be fixed or even possible time or date to get it fixed

How can we get a reimbursement for the days i have lost and the progress that was suppose to be achieve, each time i go into a vision, dungeon, pvp battleground the computer freezes and mac crashed and it restarts. Even with all my video settings at low.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

2 Likes

Has there been any resolve or any update? I’ve tried about everything and wow is just completely unplayable until I sit still, that having NO lag and no FPS issue. My FPS doesn’t even go down, just the entire game freezes instantly and even crashes my entire MacBook causing a restart. Super frustrating

2 Likes

Having the issue on my 2017 MacBook Pro. Super annoying when this happens.