Cranky Quarantine Thread

That would have absolutely worked too. I would have preferred they left AU Draenor alone.

As it stands from that scenario we got literally one village of AU Orcs in the Horde.

There is literally no reason not to use the Mag’har already part of the Horde.

3 Likes

It could also be: Yeah, the Mag’har in Outland looked like this all along and they decided to head over. I would have been okay with that.

6 Likes

Exactly.

Go back and retroactively change the Outland Mag’har to be a collection of different clan skin tones.

Problem solved

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s what 90% of people wanted.

5 Likes

Yes but that’s literally what players were asking for, they couldn’t have that level of filth on their conscience.

Besides, how could they have made a scenario that amounted to the writers trying to beat you around the head and shoulders that Garrosh was fine and cool you just didn’t love him enough and he’s a really awesome character you just didn’t like him.

2 Likes

The mentioning of Garrosh being a hero in alternate timelines was more of a prod at the fact that that’s what Garrosh was going to be written as. Like… they were pretty explicit about it prior to Cataclysm that that was more or less his destiny. Making him a villain was forced as hell.

Really, if anything, they’ve tried to convince people the opposite way with the quiet retcons.

2 Likes

Its what people have been asking for YEARS.

Since BC dropped people have wanted Brown Orcs from Outland.

Population clearly doesnt matter gestures at Void Elves

Its barely even a retcon to say they always looked like that in Outland

There is no plausible reason that they’d need to use the AU Orcs other than they wanted more “seeeee isnt the light eeeeeeevil?” and to indulge more in their Hellscream kink

6 Likes

I actually think this is partly to blame for the direction they took Garrosh as well. It wasn’t enough for Garrosh to slowly grow into his own character, he had to be a villain that would lead us to Grom.

1 Like

We’re drifting dangerously close to Blizzard telling us that attempting multiple genocides, succeeding in one, and banishing the victims to Double Mega Super Hell is “good, actually,” so by the theory of relativity, Garrosh wasn’t that bad.

5 Likes

A lot of Grom has changed, down to his appearance even. Like he was originally a pretty skinny orc, relatively speaking. So I don’t know if it’s even nostalgia so much as constantly reinventing.

Even worse: Yrel is the one lamenting the loss of their friendship.

2 Likes

Garrosh got done dirty. I was still maining Horde during the start of Cataclysm and while I wasn’t a fan of Garrosh, Cata was seeing me start to warm to him. Then I left the game because I’d gotten fed up with the end game repetition and didn’t come back until I saw the Siege of Ogrimmar trailer and Garrosh had gone full on pants-on-head villain.

Reading that partially reminded be of this.

4 Likes

Thank you for my new favorite video on the internet. <3

2 Likes

um excuse me

4 Likes

Good, gooood. Let the cranky flow through you.

Oh hey what ever happened to that? That’s where I made the first version of Azhaar years ago.

This is also my theory. My main takeaway from the Shadowlands announcement is they’re going to drip-feed us things we’ve always asked for whenever they get in real trouble to restore some squandered goodwill. Wonder how back things will get before we get high elves.

2 Likes

High Elves and Ogres are “In Case of catastrophic quarterly earnings, break glass”.

5 Likes

I believe it was morphed into something else, but not sure if it’s still around. It has a lot of flaws with the progression system, but man, it was pretty great.

I think a bandaid fix for high elves would just be to add flesh tones and blonde/white/red hair to Velves.

I sincerely hope they don’t. I want Alleria to accurately reflect the Void Elves already in game, not for us to reflect the special snowflake WarCraft 2 Hero Unit.

2 Likes

I really liked the fan-made concept art for Helves. If it can be a distinct race separate from others, then I would prefer if they went that route.

2 Likes