Covenants are a bad idea

Sorry, but you can search for my posts in the other numerous threads on this subject. I’m not going back and forth again for hours over this.

First you said it was permanent now you say it might as well be. Have a great night.

Ok, then explain to us who don’t truly know

Hum… classes are a major mmo stable though.

Just be a better player than the other people you play with. Pick choices around your main content type and aesthetic choice that you want and then just work on being a good player.

A good player with a poor covenant will still perform better than a bad player with a good covenant.

They made it less PITA, but with that said it’s timegated weekly I believe…imo it sorta sucks still on the fence if I am buying SL or not

1 Like

:rofl:

Classes aren’t a one time choice pick, you have the option to try out others.

So, you can’t. Got it. :+1:

You too! :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

Simple way of putting it, even though I hate the comparison.

Tying player power to Covenants, is practically the equivalent of locking of a player into a 1 spec.

1 Like

Another covenant thread?

And the wheels on the bus go round and round.

1 Like

Idk why I keep coming back, it’s like banging my head on a wall. :pensive:

Imo, it’s going to make or break wow so it’s sorta important subject…i wish azerite gear was scrutinized to the point of Covenants before BFA hit

Didn’t know covenants were accountwide and not changeable

I don’t really see the similarities between the two

Fixed that for you.

I understand people’s frustration but it doesn’t seem it will change before launch. So that leaves two choices. Roll with it or don’t play.

My situation is different than most. I use to push but not anymore. I’m in a great guild. Many of them min/max and push it to the limit. They understand I don’t anymore. I still raid with them. They know if I’m holding the team back I will step out. When they got the encounter down, they bring me back in for the kill.

1 Like

The youtubers seems to be pretty obsessed with this topic, don’t really know why. All their arguments can always be used on classes as well and they don’t seem to notice.

The whole expansion is based around them that’s why

I really need to stop saying it’s a one time thing. :\

Technically it’s not, due to Blizzard introducing a way to change it. Although as another player said, it’s time-gated / weekly grind in order to switch. So not at all easy because metrics, $$$ and greed.

Blizzard’s motto apparently. :expressionless:

It all comes back to the balance around the abilities.

But the way the class specific abilities are setup. Currently they are practically doomed to fail. Give you a some scope of the craziness, there are 4 specific class abilities, one per covenant for each class. There are 12 Classes.

When you are “locked” in, so to speak to a covenant you gain 1 of those 4 abilities depending on the covenant you chose. And unless you want to grind your way to a different covenant you are pretty much stuck with it.

But, just because that ability works on your current spec, doesn’t mean it will be useful for your other specs. If you choose to switch mid X-pac and I’m not just talking as in they just do :poop: DMG, some buttons are literally useless for other specs.

Now, I realize this will not affect every player, not every player switch specs. But some will simply have a useless ability just for wanting to switch specs… like doesn’t that just sound like bad design? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Word of advice, don’t start debates when you are super tired. Words don’t come easy. :tired_face:

1 Like

Joining a Covenant isn’t about abilities or cosmetics; it’s about being a part of a new, specific society with a unique position, duties, values, ect in the greater Shadowlands cosmology and the whole concept is built upon it being a singular choice, just like race and class, that will inform your character’s identity the entire time they are in the Shadowlands. The abilities and cosmetics are a couple of parts of that whole, but it is the whole that is the point.

Please stop trying to ruin the first in-game choice that significantly and lastingly affects game play Blizzard has come up with in ages because you can’t deal with not having your cake and eating it too.

I didn’t saw any covenant spec combination that was useless so far. While you can point to the one that does more dps in some encounters, the others are usually not far behind and wouldn’t prevent you from playing your other specs at all.

for example?

Not when there is only one fun ability, and if the covenant I pick doesn’t have it my gameplay feels terrible.

Some people have. Don’t be too jealous. Here is the feedback from the people who have experienced them.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/covenants-and-your-spec-a-survey/616438?u=voxplaga-ravencrest

1 Like

Someone lied to you, because with gameplay tied in it will never be a “significant and lasting” effect. They will be changeable from day one.

2 Likes

Sounds like talent points ,classes and specs you like to play but can’t because meta nerds.

Seems normal to me.