Covenants and schools of magic

Kyrian - Arcane
Night Fae - Nature
Venthyr - Shadow
Necrolords - Shadow

Why not all Shadow in the Shadowlands?

Any idea where the source of each school of magic resides?

Still feel like Ardenweal should be more drust since drust is the ā€˜ā€™ death ā€˜ā€™ part of nature and we are in the death realmā€¦

1 Like

Is there any Lore regarding any of this that the Lore nerds are aware of?

As much as I love Ardenweald for me in the end it felt like it took too many things from the Emerald Dream.
Ardenweald should have been a part of a Nature Realm. Anyway here we are.

3 Likes

Yup. Even if i love the zone and consider it as one if not the most beautiful zone ever, it really feet out of place in the death realm.

2 Likes

I guess this means the Lore Nerds dont know

Well, when it comes to the schools of magic, we have the cosmology chart; which may or may not be perfectly accurate.
Shadow is shadow/void, which is separate from death and decay (which is the energy of the shadowlandsā€¦ so the name is a little misleading)

Thereā€™s a good chance that the covenantsā€™ magic schools are just for mechanics purposes.

Probably the case.

All of the ā€œSchoolsā€ in-game arenā€™t representative of the Lore anymore,ā€¦ if it ever was at all.
I would say all of them are forms of Death magic (aka Necromancy), some more than others. Venthyr and Maldraxxi magics seem more in tune with what weā€™re familiar with, whereas the Fae and Kyrian magics are very different.

Itā€™s actually none of those. All magic in the SL is Death soul magic. Thereā€™s no arcane or life energy being used here, or Void either. Or any of the others. Even Ardenweald is still entirely Death magic. Anima is the lifeblood behind everything, it just comes in different colors and flavors depending on the covenant.

But at heart itā€™s all the same magic whether itā€™s being used to draw out sins from the condemned or to revive nature spirits or create plague constructs.

2 Likes

Spell damage type hasnā€™t mattered since you could hurt fire elementals with pyroblast. Iā€™m only aware Mind Games does Shadow damage because thatā€™s the school I canā€™t cast from for a sec if itā€™s interrupted.

Donā€™t think about it harder than the people paid to do.

3 Likes