Counter for FOTM comp

This team is just ridiculous. Blightbreath, clutch sister, infernal pyreclaw. Suggestions? I could fight this team one out of every two times on my group. Is it that way on others?
This team would’t be so bad if the AOE split the damage equally among only living pets like it used to.

1 Like

I dont pvp but that team looks potentially very nasty. I guess aoe is the new meta.

Stab in the dark. Try brittle webbing (especially on the infernal) for starters and build from there maybe.

This works.

Another great option here is an SS Qiraji Guardling (or Anubisath Idol, though I despise Idol and absolutely never use it). Sandstorm really hurts the effectiveness of AOE teams.

Beasts in general. Getting AOE’d sucks, but beasts will at least come into the fight from the back line with their facial already activated, which is a plus. Ban-Fu would work.

Dazzling Dance + Wyrmy Tunkins. It ain’t pretty, but Jar of Smelly Liquid will half all that AOE damage coming out of faster than your opponent.

You can try to out-heal the damage. It sometimes works. A team like Ghostpup, PP Fawn and Autumnal/Nightshade Sproutling could theoretically win here.

Wish pets. Especially Celestial Calf (or Comet now since it’s so cheap). Pair the Calf and a Starlette together…there’s literally nothing an AOE team can do about a one-shot pet buffed with Celestial Blessing. Your opponent will insta-flee if they see this duo.

Use a Coastal Bounder to counter Blightbreath. You’ll be faster so you can get a Tongue Lash in first. Use Mudslide after he casts Acid Rain. Then Tongue Lash him to death.

Squirky is a nice counter to the TCS. You can stun him to keep the Meteor from hurting so bad. Bring the Bubble or the AOE heal on your preference.

Pyreclaw is just a beast. There are a lot of mechs that will take care of it.

1 Like

Guardling/Arctic fox/death adder worked pretty well for me.

Imagine 3 idols :imp: as the one player in my queue so very much loves. Ghastly kid does seem to be an effective counter.