Could Lor'themar be king

I know, I know, Lor’themar does not want to be king. But if he were to have a change of heart, could he actually do it, and create a new dynasty to rule Silvermoon?

I know there isnt much on the subject matter, but do you think it would be permissible by Silvermoons laws, and would he have enough support from the people and from the various organizations in the city to be king?

1 Like

The citizens wanted him to be king last I knew.

5 Likes

never again will a king reign in quel’thalas

2 Likes

No king rules forever
InB4 Sylvanas comes to break his crown

4 Likes

He has the people support nowadays so he probably could if he wanted. He doesn’t.

3 Likes

wish list:

• Kael’thas somehow comes back to life, Quel’thalas becomes a Constitutional Monarchy (Kael as King, Lorthemar as Regent Lord, Council of Magisters, Blood Knights, Farstriders, Sunreavers, maybe revive the Convocation of Silvermoon to have a House of Lords and the Magister/BK/Farstrider/Sunreaver Council can be a House of Commons/House of War); this would serve as a neat parallel to Kul Tirans going forward in theory.
  • Kael’thas convinces Lorthemar to be King and establish a new bloodline
4 Likes

Well, he’s not steward of Gondor. Perhaps there is some hope. And he hasn’t gone all Void R Us like the generals and captain.

Although, he probably needs to get out of the barbershop long enough to start fixing that giant hole in Silvermoon.

There wouldn’t really be any reason why not. Realistically, nothing would actually change - it would just be a new title, same gig.

In reality, obviously, the question of “why” would arise; people would rightfully think he may be planning something sinister or whatnot. But, I think that he has lead his people excellently to date: he has been a voice of reason in the Horde, and always ensured his people’s safety above all (so on so forth, basically he’s been a pretty damn good leader) so he would pass that “test”.

(I’m never mobile posting while walking again)

2 Likes

Well, i don’t know much about blood elves because I don’t play them, but Lor’themar seems to be loved by his people, so if he wanted to, sure, but he seems to be more on the idea of passing the government to someone that deserves instead of the nightblood (or bloodborne?) elf kid he will have with Thalyssra.

1 Like

Is it really clear that the people want a king again? I mean, Rommath and Halduron love him, so they would clearly suggest it to him, but I’ve seen very little indication blood elves actually want another royal line. But I guess I’ve not seen indication of what they want either way.

On the other hand, he is already effectively a monarch with two advisors by his side. If it does become a monarchy I assume they would also have a new Council of Silvermoon, with the Farstriders, Sunreavers, Magisters, Blood Knights and Reliquary having representation.

1 Like

Nah.

Hes not stupid enough to jeopardize his position by making himself King, not unless it benefits him somehow in Blood elf society.

1 Like

Lorthemar is fine with his current title. He hates politics and a role he couldn’t just nope out of once a better candidate comes around is one he likely wouldn’t choose. Regent Lord is an acceptable title for now, and one that likely will only disappear when Lor finds someone else he trust enough to lead.

3 Likes

You think if Burger King existed on Azeroth, Sylvanas would go to each chain and start ripping up their cardboard crowns?

3 Likes

I replied earlier but thought about it more. I think a bigger discussion could be had around if there would be any benefit to it for him or the blood elves. Personally, I don’t see any benefits, but maybe I missing something.

If Burger King existed on Azeroth, she would change it to Burger Queen

Part of that reason seems to be is because he doesn’t show such ambitions.

He doesn’t want to, but if he did want to I don’t think there would be anything stopping him.

3 Likes

I could see Sylvanas walking into a Burger King, knocking over children, snatching off their party decorations, shrieking:

“You are unfit to wear these crowns!”

I think we just pitched a commercial idea for Blizzard-Burger King. Or is Burger King the bad guy here?

A few expansions ago I would have said that Blizzard would never write anything that patently dumb, but recently…