Could a Dragon isle Expansion

be WoW’s attempt at making Skyrim into an expansion? Kill dragons to collect their souls so you can gain more abilities like in Skyrim…

Just a thought…don’t even know if thats even compatible with our lore of Dragons in Warcraft…

Along the same lines of what Galakrond gameplay…just no mega size dragon…

Do you think Skyrim is the only medium with dragons in it?

14 Likes

Oh, so you’re saying a hypothetical Dragon Isles expansion will be more like Game of Thrones, the only other medium featuring dragons?

5 Likes

Dragon’s Blood: Season2 was awful.

WoW likes to take popular concepts and implement then into the game. Like for instance how Kul Titans was basically three zones of the Witcher, Call of C’thulu, and Pirates of the Caribbean slapped together. Sometimes it works, Drustvar is one of my favorite zones. Sometimes… We get Uldums.

I could see a large king of the dragons rising from the dead and only one chosen champion can kill him with special powers being a plot they could do. So maybe. I’d be disappointed but maybe.

1 Like

Make taming (befriending) dragons possible.

1 Like

So not “Skyrim” and more like “How to Tame Your Dragon”?

3 Likes

Sorry Mythas, but your threads never make any sense. Do you understand the story at all?

5 Likes

Drustvar is a bit more than Witcher. Considering there are Witcher referenced in Ardenweald as well.

There is even references to the original and remake (NOT THE BEES!!!) of the Wickerman films in Drustvar.

It is clear that the main influence of Drustvar is the concept of “witches” and witch hunts from real life history. In particular with the trial by ordeal that Lucile is forced to go through to prove her innocence and all that. Some of Drustvar does share influence with Gilneas, which makes sense as Kul Tiras was once a Gilnean colony.

If only WoW had ducks, then we could’ve got Monty Python reference during Lucile’s witch trial.

6 Likes

This is something I say far too often in my life.

3 Likes

They do have rubber ducks. I wonder where they got the idea from.

2 Likes

Ducks exist on some other planet. Your character can’t believe it, though.

<Action, adventure, thrills, chills… This book has it all! Penned by a mortal soul who led an amazing life, this book is a page-turner. But is it true? Could one person fight conspiracies, ancient evils, vast enemy armies, demons and even gods in a single lifetime? On further reflection, it could be true, but what is a “duck” this book speaks of? That part sounds fake. Still… it was a good story. Archivist Dreyden would probably be pleased to have his book back.>

9 Likes

If I don’t get to FUS RO DAH I might flip a table.

1 Like

Oh certainly. I was being a bit general there but I do still think it fits with that borrowed idea. Perhaps it’s Drustvar’s range of using more than just one reference source that gives it so much appeal.

That and American folk horror stories has this sort of morbid allure for mainstream audiences.

1 Like

I liked this one better: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=62622/a-travel-journal

The Journal depicting us as a Villain mercilessly attacking it is humorous!

That said your story could easily be Zovaal’s tale as he does have a Heart of Azeroth the means he took to obtain it could consist of a grand tale of it’s own!

Pretty much.

As for the missing ducks mystery, even Lei Shen and the mogu couldn’t figure that one out lol

2 Likes

I heard there’s an expansion for Skyrim called Dragon Age

if they are doing a Dragon Isles expansion then maybe they should give it a feeling of exploration. like mists. have the island feel like an ancient land inhabited by new or recent foes.

4 Likes

I honestly could not care less about the Dragon Isles.

3 Likes

I feel indifferent about it too. Unless they use it bring Tyr back.

2 Likes