Cost of first mount to a casual player

The cost of the first mount is astronomically high for what it should be. Blizzard can, and should, change it so epic mounts are bought at level 40 for 100g and 60% mounts are given out at level 20 for free.

PLEASE LISTEN TO US BLIZZARD!

1 Like

how much is the next mount after my turtle? 1000 smackaroos ? (not doing end game raids so i don’t mind having the yugo instead of the Porsche but it beats ankle express.)

You can get one for cheaper if you get exalted with Alterac valley. Think it will be around 650

2 Likes

i did do 3 runs then was like really we died and the loot is open so the greedy folks didnt share. I passed on the needed stuff to be respectful. Not paying again unless I can be piggy as a solo grabber and split the drops with a runner if they need for an alt. time is money.

Respectable decision but sometimes you gotta look out for yourself.

Especially since you’re a rogue! Lol

1 Like

There’s a thread talking about how good PLoot is for this very reason!

PLoot still wouldn’t help with the cost of that pesky mount though!

I did not buy a mount until i as over 50, and i do not have an epic mount now, nor will i have one any time soon.

I would not let lack of mount get you down, it is only super important if you are doing AV battleground.
Even WSG, they are kind of marginally useful.

As far as accumulating gold
get some bags if you dont have them.
carry as little with you as possible, loot and rob everything.
Get a vendor price addon. Then you know what grey junk to stack up and what to toss for bagspace to maximize profits.

As a rogue, rob EVERYTHING
Also, if you are patient, fishing and cooking pays off over time.
Put buff foods in AH on monday night for tues raiders etc.

Lastly, step back and breathe, and remember, this is just a game
it is all just for fun, you can not really fail.

3 Likes

Never do this! If you are in a leveling dungeon with a PuG and something drops that is an upgrade, you NEED on that drop. No group member should ever have an issue with a NEED roll if said item is an upgrade for that player.

1 Like

There are dozens (hundreds?) of things to do in Classic WoW. Many of them make money. More of them don’t make money. Each player is different, so each player chooses different things to do.

I’m an altoholic and a goldmaker, so it was fun for me. I leveled crafters to 10, 20, and 35. By 35 (300 crafting) each had 2 crafts and were making things. I sell in the AH every day. So I have enough gold to get a mount, each time I reach 40 on a character.

But that’s “fun” to me. The trick is finding things that are “fun” for you. Then it won’t feel like work. Then it won’t suck. I hope you got some suggestions in this forum, so you could choose the ones that are fun for you.

2 Likes

On this toon, I got my mount at 41. How? By using the same suggestions already given here.

• I took Skinning and Herbalism,
  • Only bought new skills that I needed (no Track beasts, or Eagle Eye, etc.)
  • I stayed away from the urge to go buy upgrades on the AH.
  • Used an addon to display vendor prices for items.
  • When I did not need a quest item, I used addon above to select the highest value one.
  • Loot everything, sell everything. No hoarding stuff because “I might need that later.”
  • Sell your skins and herbs, check the AH and if it is worth it post them, otherwise vendor it.
  • Don’t buy runs
  • Where possible avoid Flights where you could walk with only a little more time.
  • Sell your cloth drops.
  • If you know someone with Tailoring, have them make you bags with your cloth instead of buying bags, or ask in chat if a tailor will make bags with your mats.

And in general, just be frugal

3 Likes

Your post incites anger in me and is non constructive. I have therefore flagged your post to attempt to clear out some of the trolling on these forums.

If you were paying for dungeon clears there is mistake number 1. Train only abilities that you need to train, sell greens and loot everything. You gain a lot of gold between 30-40, and the forums say you are level 11, which is quite awhile off from level 40.

And Run instances with people on the server, don’t pay someone for a run through it. Enjoy the time you spend leveling and the people you meet, don’t just feel the itch to see the end.

I agree with Luckey that “frugal” makes a big difference. Lots of things are expensive: abilities, food, water, armor, weapons. Some of them I need (food for my pet, Track Beasts). Others I don’t (Eye of Kilroy’s uncle).

But I almost never buy “better” armor or weapons in the AH. Maybe you need to “gear up” at level 60, but not when leveling. If I buy something it is 3g, not 75g. Getting a mount quickly is more important.

On the infinitely most important point, as others have side- you matter, you have worth, you deserve in every way to be alive. Wonderful that you’ve found a guild, but remember that the ups and downs of WoW or guild politics doesn’t change those things in any way. There are many real life counseling resources too- PLEASE use them if you need or want somebody to talk to.

For pre-40 goldmaking, you only need to know two words- Fused Wiring. At least on my server, I’ve never had an auction expire on it when the price was under 4 gold (raiders need this for repair bots). At level 15, I invested all of the copper and linen I had so far and my entire savings (1.5 gold) into this. At level 30 (EDIT: on my alliance druid, for some reason I posted on my abandoned mage), I have 120 gold and am fully geared in the best green stuff (excluding 50g+ blue BG twink stuff) I can get at my level for a DPS cat druid.

The Swamp is certainly better for combining gold and leveling, but the advantage of the Fused Wiring gig is that (unless copper prices happen to be outrageous at a particular moment) the only traveling you need to do is between the AH and forge in Ironforge. At least at my server’s prices, I can usually get the mats for around 12 dummies for 2 gold (sometimes way less, if someone is selling copper for 30 silver a stack or copper modulators for 5 silver each). 12 dummies (plus the extra 2-3 dummies you’ll be able to make when the original dummies explode, minus wool which won’t drop from explosion) will (on average) net you 2 Fused Wiring and somewhere between 6.50-7.50 gold on average.

Also, if you are leveling in the Swamp, make a jaunt up the coast of Durotar to the gnome engineering shop in the southeast corner of Azshara. 60s can get there easily, but in general it is much less convenient for Alliance to get the items sold here. Deepdive helmet schematics can usually be sold for 2g+ (and only cost 36 silver), but the market is spotty and it make take multiple tries to sell each one (although I always eventually sell out). The same gnome shop sells chimeric gloves plans (avoid, a money loser) and the blue dragonscale breastplate plans (costs 2 g, but I can usually sell for 5g+).

2 Likes

The entire thread is a troll thread. Grow up and stop being a child

“Hey everybody, look at me! I decide who (and what) is a troll or not a troll.”

I just got back from my fourth ban. The last one was 14 days for using an analogy of dunking a ball on somebody as to the state of AV. That to me is very benign and a prodding good natured poke. I was told otherwise.
I am now crusading to report trolling to attempt to free the forums of harmful words that incite negativity.
Btw calling me a “child” makes me feel attacked.

It was kinda funny after I updated my post I was in Thermadore and a 60 ran with me to the flight master. I was super shocked and a 52 that was also on ankle express the mounts are super cool looking. Still love the undead epic mount and the ram the best.

I know its not enjoyable gameplay - but if you grind on the rock elementals in badlands they drop elemental earth. These sell for 2g+ each on my server as they are used in resto pots and elemental sharpening stones - both are basic raid consumes.

The rocks also drop alot of vendor items that sell for quite a lot. Farm/grind your levels there and in no time you will have not only mount gold - but extra bags/bank slots and a decent supply of elemental earths to convert to raid consumes upon enetring raids.

2 Likes

lol wth its just a game chill, not hard to get a mount anyway