Corruption is good for pvp

My interrupts and cc actually matter now because like all other effects that aren’t baseline corruption does way more damage than your actual abilities. No joke though it does make the games a lot faster and removes a decent amount of the feeling of just attacking a wall the past couple seasons have had.

5 Likes

It makes the matches where people counter Ret (all of them, lol!) so much more bearible to lose in 2-3 mins instead of wasting 5-8 minutes of my life for the same loss. Worth it IMO

Some of the cleave heavy double melee comps are blasting hardcore right now. Almost makes RMPal and Destro/X/X look slow by comparison.

8 Likes

I don’t mind the sped up pacing, i would prefer we have the ability to do this on our own though instead of through an RNG system like this.

24 Likes

Can we just buff damage and get rid of RNG corruption.

15 Likes

I really like the faster gameplay too and it’s going to get even faster as time passes and ppl get more gear/resistance.

BfA PvP gameplay was the slowest ever and legion was already slow, sure I’d like to have the dmg come from our normal abilities but that won’t happen until shadowlands (if even).

I haven’t played this game since season 1 BfA and these effects actually had me motivated to resubscribe and go out of my way to do content that gives me a chance to get a corrupted item.

I hope they don’t get nerfed into the ground in PvP but they probably will, at least I can have fun with them for a bit now until the game gets boring once more.

I like it too, I feel that everyone should see everyone else’s corruption effects spawn though.

5 Likes

You being the wall, right?
Corruption is terrible. Blizz needs to do it right and like many others have posted, buff meaningful abilities and quit with the garbage gimmicks…But we all know how this will get handled, buffs to corruption.

Smiling btw, not angry :wink:

1 Like

It might be fun when your part of the corruption club. But what happens when you can’t get any of the op corruption traits? My rng has been terrible and have gotten exactly zero corrupted gear outside to two quest pieces.

2 Likes

I hate that it’s rng and not our abilities, but happy the game is faster. It’s a mixed bag of feelings for me. I think it’s more positive than negative though since Blizz won’t buff player abilities.

1 Like

Idk I don’t have any and I’m still extremely happy?

It’s the worst possible way to have it but games being much faster feels great

1 Like

Faster games are better but running into tanks that never die, doing stupid crazy damage and never landing a kick…and winning is really frustrating
Dbl dps doing pretty much unhealable damage.

1 Like

Yeah the bad specs (affliction, enhance, MM, etc) actually are enjoying corruption effects atm because it makes their dmg viable now

No the wall being anyone with a healer, you can joke about dk healing all you want but in any game I fight a destro warlock they out heal me without doing anything by almost a factor of 2 just standing still.

No, no joking about dk healing. It’s just as busted. But yes, all dps healing needs toned down.

Health pools need to come down, I’m not geared yet and I’m like 420k hp. Nother 25 or so ilvl to go so 80-100k more hp. Getting a little out of hand considering how stats/damage from players scales in pvp. Makes sense in pve, but not arena/bg’s.

I just want all pure dps to lose healing, Gain other abilities and define each role better.

1 Like

Ppl can complain about corruption but when everyone has more damage the game pacing is faster. When the game pacing is faster, the potential to outplay broken free win fotmers increases. I thought S3 > S2 because even if it was the same horrible meta, essences were added for more damage(healing/tank essences are pretty cancer though, tired of 70% of my purges being essence garbage buffs).

With corruption, so far nothing overly tanky/overly healing, more damage is good however we get it. Yes balancing and buffing bad spec damage is better but that won’t happen in activision bfa.

My initial thought as well, until I thought about the chaos it would create on screen in a raid environment. It would make it difficult to tell where boss effects are happening when the screen is littered with eye circles :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I feel like corruption benefits sustain classes the most, especially the ones you listed. It’s a nice boost to the non-meta specs, as well as a lot of melee who can maintain high uptime.

The classes with high burst in a tight window still benefit, but Fire Mage / Destro already do so much damage during cooldowns that an extra tick or two of damage isn’t going to make or break their go.

S3 felt so much slower to me then S2