Corruption buffed, can i get it back?

so void ritual was pretty bad at first and before the buff. So i removed it from my weapon. is there anyway I can get the corruption back on the weapon?
I mean on hearthstone when then change a card they give you a chance to turn it in for max dust, so this is kinda of the same effect.

No, that is not something they will do.

If you’d like to see a change to this, you can submit a suggestion or make a post in a forum the devs monitor for feedback, like General.

3 Likes

you guys will never do that even that it is really crummy, that you won’t reset stuff when you buff an effect

1 Like

That’s how MMOs work.

2 Likes

Such is the nature of an ever-changing game.

2 Likes

Nope. Cleansed items will stay cleansed.

They won’t fix this for you, you’ll just have to hope for something better later.

2 Likes

Official Blue Response, if you’re looking for it:

Post a suggestion in the appropriate forum if you want to see changes to the current system. As it stands, buffing and nerfing is part of an MMO, and sometimes we gain a little or lose a little.

3 Likes

but there is an item retrieval system so i should be able to use that in replace of this

It will not regenerate the corruption effect. Our only avenue right now is to hope that another one drops until there is enough public interest for a possible change in the policy down the line.

3 Likes

In this situation though, you would not have lost the item, Drizztit, you would have cleansed it. The Item Restoration system would be able to recover an item if you deleted, disenchanted or vendored it, losing the entire thing.

In this case you specifically washed the crude off of an item. There is currently no mechanism in place to add it back. Sorry.

4 Likes

If you vendored or DEed or deleted the cleansed item, Item Restoration would restore the cleansed item, not the corrupted one.

1 Like

It is not crummy.

A choice was made. There is a consequence to the choice. Me not wearing my corrupted belt reduced my dps. It is my consequence until i get my corruption resist up even more.

Players constantly ask for control. Control was given to you. Now you want to undo the control you, the collective you, that you chose to use.

I don’t mean to sound crass, however people need to accept the outcomes of their actions like this. This is why my corrupted gear is either in my bank, or in the case of the belt as soon as I finish my vision later, sitting in my bag.

Nothing says they have to be cleansed. You can hold them in your bag, your bank, or void storage.

3 Likes

To be fair, it isn’t a great feeling.

To be clear, the issue isn’t simply about having an option to undo cleansing an item. The issue specifically here is for situations in which a content update may change how the item would have behaved. The opinion, as I understand it, being that if the item would have existed as it does after the change was made they would have never cleansed the item to begin with.

They do have control over if they cleanse or not, but I think the point being made by many is that content updates can come at any time, so there isn’t as great a control there. Expecting someone to hold onto every single item on the chances that it might be updated at some point down the line isn’t really reasonable.

With that said, content updates have always been part of MMORPGs. Items that seemed to work fine in testing look a whole lot different when the data from thousands of players is able to be examined. Also changes to one area may require an adjustment somewhere else. It isn’t something that our Devs enjoy doing, but it often is necessary for overall balance. We have never traditionally provided compensation of any kind for those content updates, they simply are.

Even if we wanted to help folks who were looking to get the item back it wouldn’t be feasible for our Customer Support staff to do that. Having our Devs revert every item that might have been cleansed wouldn’t be practical either, assuming the person still had the piece and didn’t get rid of it. Not every person would want the item back, or back in that state and it may undo the choices they made to enchant the item, etc… An in-game mechanic also really wouldn’t make sense from a story stand point to actively corrupt an item when we’re working to remove the corruption from Azeroth.

In any case, any discussions around what could or should be done for this matter would be best directed to our Developers as Customer Support has zero involvement in the development or implementation of the game.

11 Likes