Corruption as Destruction

Is it even worth to fit that in to rotation? I just seems like it does so little damage that it isn’t even worth the cast time. Like at all. Its nice with Affliction as fire and forget, but it just doesn’t seem worth even being on the bar to me.

No, same goes for demonology unless its pvp. If it didn’t have a cast time or atleast gave a chance to get a shard on tic then it would be worth it.

I might throw it on my bars for when I need something I can cast while moving (and would rather not/can’t use conflagrate), but aside from that it’s not worth making a normal part of your “rotation”.

No, IIRC it’s a DPS loss to cast. You’re better off with the shard generation and upfront damage from casting incinerate compared to casting corruption.

Except it has a cast time as any spec other than aff so you cant cast it while moving.

1 Like

Oh. The more you know! :frowning:

1 Like

Yea, a lot of class specs got some worthless abilities unpruned. Giving hunter arcane shot and steady shot baseline is a slap in the face for SV hunters who dont use a ranged weapon and BM doesnt use arcane shot either afaik.

Warriors get shield block and shield slam back baseline but require 1h and shield and cant swap weapons in combat so…

You can swap weapons in combat last I heard.

You can cast it without facing the target. You can also cast it on multiple targets while still fighting one

It would’ve been a nice unprune if it was instant and had the instant tick on application that Aff gets, so we’d have something to spam while moving in the same vein as Fel Flame.

2 Likes

After looking at this again, I don’t think this was really a matter of “giving” corruption to the other specs so much as it’s about organizing the 1-10 experience for new players. Corruption is gained at level 2, and I think the devs just want to establish “dot and then blast” as the “core” of the warlock class, and corruption/shadow bolt are the most traditional/iconic spells for that purpose. Then at 10 and beyond when you choose the Destruction specialization, you’d work in Immolation and Incineration to replace them.

8 Likes

Some spells per class are changed based on spec and corruption should probably be one of them. Have new players get corruption until they have immolate available to destruction spec and have corruption become immolate. Other spells already act this way for some specs Primal Strike for Shamans becomes Stormstrike for Enhance etc.

#showtooltip Immolate
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Firebolt(Basic Attack)
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Consuming Shadows(Basic Attack)
/cast Immolate
/cast Corruption

for me its useful, in pvp i use this macro its useful for getting shadow/fire locked instead of chaos locked outa all your spells.