Coolest Random BG ever?

Last game I played was very epic!

I joined a game of Warsong Gulch that was already in progress. My team was getting graveyard camped by a bunch of Challenger to Rival Horde who did not seem to care about capturing flags.

Turns out this was too much for the players on my team, and most of them ended up taking the deserter debuff. Not too long after, people started joining the game again, and after so I dropped food at the entrance of the bg like it was a new one, despite us losing 1 – 0.

Unfortunately for the Horde, the Alliance noobs were replaced by actual gamers, and the game ended 3 to 1 for the Alliance. That must have been pretty tilting for them, but it was a lot of fun for us!

Do you guys also have a pretty cool battleground story?

7 Likes

I’ll never forgot… We were in Battle for Gilneas, and I believe our score was 300-something and Horde had 1456. They were seconds from winning. Well, we had LH already. My friend Ninja’d mines and another friend and I killed people at WW and got the flag. They were SECONDS from winning, and we came back from it and won the game with a 3 cap. I literally screamed out loud, because it all happened in like 3 seconds and wasn’t planned.

4 Likes

That’s freakin badass! I think the best games come from kind of tilting your enemies. I guess it really doesn’t feel good being on the receiving end of it! hehe…

As for “gamers”, I just meant players who can get things done when it comes to pvp. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not long after I started playing I came into an EotS with a score (forgive my vague memory) of around 1200 to nothing. I appeared with a healer and mDPS (paladin), they got right to work. I followed and peeled for the healer, tossing curses and dots in my free time. The pally tanked the other team and the three of us (well, two of them) just circled and cleared the bases then blocked their graveyard. We won but it was close enough to trigger the achievement.

1 Like

Comebacks never get old! It’s amazing to feel like you’ve been part of the solution

1 Like

I lost a BfG after leading 1200 to 300. And then almost lost an IOC with us having got Horde wall to 20 percent while ours was at 74 percent . And both were only yesterday :thinking:.

Does snatching losses from the jaws of victory count ?

2 Likes

I guess this would go in the “tilt” category XD

1 Like

I like games where we win because we played hot potato with the flag
(Enemy team severely outgears, fc can’t make it across midfield, so fc dies and someone grabs and that person dies and someone grabs and rezzers rez to grab flag as fc dies until we finally get to the flag room and stabilize, or cap it because zug zug overgeared team doesn’t pick up flags)
Hot potato!

3 Likes

Haha! I never had a game like that. I guess It’s a smart idea of sticking around the FC. But when you’re against some very geared players, sometimes people get scared! I’ve seen the Horde doing it against my teams though!

I never understood the mentality players have when they’re afraid to die in a bg

I see base defenders run away from the flag and let the enemy cap it all the time and its like ?? Fight and spin as long as you can wyd

2 Likes

Probably a weird KD/A thing. Lots of us are used to being told those matter a lot! But more experienced players seem to not care so much about dying as long as they’re dying for something intelligent lol

1 Like

I’ve had my CLOSEST BGs/RBGs on Eye of the Storm. 3 games where Ally/Horde were within 1-3 points of each other when one hit 1500 to win, and one of those me and a rogue ninja killed enemy FC just outside one of their bases and I ran it back to one of ours to cap 1500-1497. And I’m a hunter so I get to knock people off middle all game. Easily my favorite BG

2 Likes

Everyone runs when they see my shaman angling around them but most seem to forget the shotgun to the face from hunters. My favorite kill along those lines was knocking 2 defenders off the cliff at the lumber mill and solo taking the node. Too bad they don’t count towards KB stats unless that’s changed recently.

Had a a WSG just like that in the morning … we were demolishing the Horde mid map but a Rogue and Druid took turns staying in our base and grabbing the flag again and again preventing the cap .

1 Like

been on both sides of that scenario, extremely fun and extremely frustrating depending on which side you are on

1 Like

I’ve had a lot over the years, and I love threads like this as it makes me remember why I love battlegrounds.

I’ll tell two stories for now.

The first is Warsong Gulch. I joined as a backfiller. The score was 0-1. Game had 6 minutes left.

Fortunately, both teams had the flag and enemies were in our flag room as I zoned in, but managed to survive. Had a very annoying DH tank holding the flag that would “kite” by running from the flag room to restoration hut, up to roof etc. Priests are not the most mobile of classes, so it was a challenge keeping up with him.

Needless to say, with 11 stacks and LoSing both healers, he died. I grabbed flag as he dropped it, popped (at the time) 70% Barrier, and stood on flag cap. Down goes enemy flag carrier, we cap, we win with ~20 seconds to go.

The second story is one of my fond memories in Alterac Valley. I find every game where Ivus/Lok are summoned to be an experience, but this isn’t one of those stories. If memory serves correctly, this is from Cataclysm where NPCs hit really hard, but were quite squishy in terms of health.

The game was pretty even, neck and neck, but Horde had pushed the Alliance out of their base, and people were held up at Frostwolf Graveyard, but making way into Frostwolf. Alliance eventually capped Relief Hut, though it took the entirety of the team to be down south, and the Horde had no graveyards apart from Stonehearth or Snowfall, memory is hazy.

Meanwhile, a small group of ~10 Horde up north had started timers on the graveyards (Stormpike and Aid Station), and began on Vann.

We had a team of 3 people use their trinket to recall. We recapped aid station and went into Vann’s room to assist him. The 2 dps tried to do what they could, meanwhile I’m standing near the entrance casting Mind Control on the tank. Their only tank.

Vanndar proceeds to eliminate every man, woman and child in sight and as my mind control comes to an end, throws a Stormbolt at the tank, meaning he can no longer avoid, block or whatever else. He goes splat. With his foes vanquished, Vann reset to full life from 5% remaining HP.

Having no graveyard, they needed to run all the way back from the middle, but it was too late. The Alliance had started on Drek, and shortly after “The Frostwolf General is dead! The Alliance wins!” blares out. :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Haha that’s one awesome Alterac Valley match! Their tank must’ve been so pissed at his team for allowing you cast a mind control on him :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Even though we lost the BG’s its was kinda seeing the light at the end of the Tunnel. I made 2 plays I was stoked about, on my baby balance druid. It was an RBG last night at the Cart Mine place.
1st was the enemy team, left a solo hunter to guard a cart. I waited Stealthed until the cart was about 15-20 yards from the cart drop off. Popped all my CD’s/Convoke and took the Cart.

2nd, was guarding a cart with another guy…priest maybe. Then two guys came up for the Cart. Think a hunter followed by Rogue…The priest opened up on the Hunter, and I followed. Popping everything, the hunter was Dead in less then 2 seconds, and then my convoke focused everything left at the rogue. I saw 2 or 3 starsurges come out and I was like aw damn… it was over.

It may not be as cool as some of ya’ll bg stories, but for me it was the coolest to finally be on the other side of a boomkins convoke. After that I didn’t care so much we lost (It was close)

1 Like

hm I cant recall any random BGs that were epic, though Ive had a few memorable RBGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emaRmD-Mn0w

Won this Twin Peaks during BfA (1800mmr), we were down 0-2 with 8 mins left on the clock.

1 Like

These are the ones that come to mind. I couldn’t pick just one but a few that come to mind.

Best one I can recall was a Twin Peaks. I was on my rogue, this was MoP. The score was 2:2 with very little time left. Horde had the last cap, but we had their flag. Horde managed to steal our flag so I sprinted outside and popped my glider landed, stealthed, and thank god for darkflight as it gave me just enough speed to catch him. Got the flag back and we managed to cap with less then a minute left on the board.

Another one was a Battle for Gilneas again my rogue (they are super fun) I went strait for Mine and just sapped their sole defender 4 people came running back. They’d run off I’d sap again and they all came running back spamming aoe. It was like ringing a dinner bell.

This one was just absurd, it was a WSG but someone used toys to give everyone an appearance of something weird before the fight, I can’t remember what it was, but when we ran by the enemy team just stopped dead in their tracks. They tried to run more then fight. I don’t know what they were thinking, but they never got into our base and we won 3-0.

This happened pretty recently it was an Ashran we were down to like 70 reinforcements and the horde was still nearly full. Several people bailed and we got in some new peeps. We managed to turn the tables and push the Horde back in to their base and win with over twenty reinforcements left.

1 Like