Cooldowns and Players

I’m sorry, Deshire, but we have nothing to do with your computer and IP security. That is entirely in your hands.

Then again, I would encourage you to post in the Technical Support forum with your symptoms and what troubleshooting you have done.

1 Like

I’m still leaning on a hardware bottleneck issue. But seeing how you won’t even give us the specs to work with… it’s kinda pointless.

I’m still curious who would want to buy YOUR info - what makes you more appealing to attack? What motive? and for what gain?

Honestly, your story so far is awfully convenient and beyond far-fetched regarding the cause and motives.

There are many things that can affect cool downs, and often a lot more quantifiable than a bad movie plot :wink:

3 Likes

The information is thin, but slowdowns which occur only within battlegrounds hint at either an add-ons issue, or a routing issue related to the disparate connections related.

It could even be a traffic shaping issue somewhere, and I recall reading about some routers a decade back which mis-managed certain standards-compliant packets leading to performance problems.

2 Likes

I5 cpu 650 @3.20 ghz dell optiplex with a 1050 gpu oc edition

There are some much more cost effective measures that you can use instead of buying a new computer. For example, a complete format of your drive(s), malware searches etc. A format would eliminate just about any malicious software aside from things hanging out in memory (which malware searches would undoubtedly find).

Tech support would likely be the best option at this point for help with the issue at hand.

They’ll want to see a WinMTR test or DxDiag test results to be able to help pinpoint the issue, but you can find info on providing those here:

2 Likes

Kinda of an old processor, like first generation, I was running an i5 3rd gen, and was getting lag in high activity.

The video card is good, not great. If you are running it at level 10 in wow, you might have to scale down the graphics and the framerates are gonna NOT be at 60fps.

How much ram are you are running? 16 gigs I am guessing. Also what model or Optiplex are you running? You are using an old business computer?

8 gigs with a 2 gig gpu so as not to bottleneck on the ram
with a 4k gold standard monitor cord the cord itself will handle upto 120 to 140 fps and a 165ghrtz monitor

You gotta remember, WoW is CPU dependent, Having a mid-range GPU might improve things a bit, but 8 gigs? Windows 10 needs at least 16 gigs to run efficiently by itself, I think the requirements are much higher for windows 11.

Um, hate to break it to you, that is marketing bull hockey. Even if you have a 4k monitor and cable, you are not gonna get that frame rate from your computer. And I don’t think the Ti 1050 can handle 4k, even if you overclock it. Multiple reports suggest that the 1050 series becomes unstable in 4k with refreshes 60hz or higher

You are running a first gen i5, with 8 gigs of ram. That’s your bottleneck

2 Likes

so It is time for me to get a new computer this game calls for 8 gigs of ram as the standard to running it efficiently and it will not let me upgrade the ram any more so i am stuck with 8 gigs plus i do have all cores open on the cpu

These are the system requirements. The first column is the bare minimum, the second is the recommended, but you are not gonna get full on level 10 with 60fps with that. Your CPU is below the bare minimum.

i also have a 240 gig ssd with an 8 tarabytes hdd slaved into it so my storage or memory for that storage is not a problem.

That is not gonna help you much, you’ll get faster load and access times, you are still gonna bog down in a high activity environment.

oh, btw, this is Ragefury, I switched toons as I have been meaning to do it for a while

2 Likes

addons do not help they cause the bog i run very smooth in the game the only time i bog down is when i run into someone multiboxing

When you are killing mobs you are on a local realm. When you are in a battleground you are in an instance. Time of day can affect where the instance is. Early in the day in North America the instances could be in Australia as that is their prime-time. That would affect your latency. If your home realm is on the East Coast and the instance is on the West Coast, that would also affect your latency.

Only if you keep it in a text file.

Read the EULA. Account security is up to the user.
Blizzard Entertainment:Blizzard End User License Agreement

That can be easy. I know the passwords saved in Firefox can be shown as asterisks or as plain text. It wouldn’t take much. It isn’t hacking. The only thing this really says about your cousin is about his morals.

Blizzard passwords aren’t stored in the same place as webpage passwords.

3 Likes

Here’s what I did to upgrade, I picked up a Refurbished Lenovo i7 3rd gen (had to get an adapter cable for the PSU) and swapped in my PSU, Ram , SSD drives and Video card. (The video card I am running is a GTX 1070), the whole setup cost me about $300. I’m getting 55-65 fps in high activity at 1080p.

I never keep passwoords stored on any computer and i have changed passwordds alot to where it has got to the point of not doing it anymore to be honest

In your graphical settings, do you have separate base (e.g. open world) versus raid & battleground settings?

Try activating the tiered settings, and set raid & battleground to the minimum possible, then see if that helps with your battlegrounds.

While I wouldn’t want to play on such low settings all the time, it should at least cross graphics quality off as a variable, and it’s free and easy to try.

5 Likes

Why would he sell 1 of his accounts with the motorcycle from the special; loging day promotion if he did not need money and nothing was done to him about it and the person that wired him the money for that account ?. so now does my story sound so far fetched
I was there when he sold the account i told him that is illegal and against the terms of service if blizzard ever finds out they will ban you permantly from this game . he replied to me to shut up and that he does not care.If you want further info i wiill be ingame get in touch with me.

um… I think we are getting off point.